Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Cunt » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:49 am

Joe wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:11 pm
Cunt wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:28 pm
I think it's very courageous how most social media platforms remove Trump's voice.

They are bravely protecting their subjects from hearing his comments about the safest election ever, and boldly protecting the most popular president in US history.

They are obviously MUCH more courageous than McConnell. Man looks like a turtle trying to have a shit, but not quite making it happen.
You've said before, but the topic here is the so-called leadership of the Republican Party and how events are demonstrating Trump's continuing grip on the GOP. While I may joke about profiles in courage, the operative factor in most US politicians is the calculus, and if you read the full NYT article you'd see that neither McCarthy nor McConnell could get the votes from their own caucus. I guess they lacked the courage to go against their base.

Speaking of profiles in courage, it was no surprise to see Ukrainian President Zelensky get one of this year's JFK Profile in Courage Awards, but I'm sure you're pleased to see Liz Cheney on the list as well, since political courage is so important to you.
One place that courage IS important, is when they agree to sit down to one of those longer interviews. Sanders did a long one, as have a few others. Trump hasn't (though he does more than most) but allowing a conversation to go on that long takes courage. At least if you consider the risks of saying something damaging.

I wish more of them had to do it. Longer-form recorded conversations with their opponents would be ideal. No moderator, no theatre, just two mic's and plenty of time.

How do you think Biden would fare against, say, DeSantis? Or Sanders and Occasional-Cortex?

Some of them seem they would be likely to show weakness. (I think Alexandria would sound like a fucking idiot after awhile, with Bernie)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:24 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:49 am
Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:
I think it's very courageous how most social media platforms remove Trump's voice.

They are bravely protecting their subjects from hearing his comments about the safest election ever, and boldly protecting the most popular president in US history.

They are obviously MUCH more courageous than McConnell. Man looks like a turtle trying to have a shit, but not quite making it happen.
You've said before, but the topic here is the so-called leadership of the Republican Party and how events are demonstrating Trump's continuing grip on the GOP. While I may joke about profiles in courage, the operative factor in most US politicians is the calculus, and if you read the full NYT article you'd see that neither McCarthy nor McConnell could get the votes from their own caucus. I guess they lacked the courage to go against their base.

Speaking of profiles in courage, it was no surprise to see Ukrainian President Zelensky get one of this year's JFK Profile in Courage Awards, but I'm sure you're pleased to see Liz Cheney on the list as well, since political courage is so important to you.
One place that courage IS important, is when they agree to sit down to one of those longer interviews. Sanders did a long one, as have a few others. Trump hasn't (though he does more than most) but allowing a conversation to go on that long takes courage. At least if you consider the risks of saying something damaging.

I wish more of them had to do it. Longer-form recorded conversations with their opponents would be ideal. No moderator, no theatre, just two mic's and plenty of time.

How do you think Biden would fare against, say, DeSantis? Or Sanders and Occasional-Cortex?

Some of them seem they would be likely to show weakness. (I think Alexandria would sound like a fucking idiot after awhile, with Bernie)
I don't see where the average politician is being particularly courageous to sit for a long interview, especially when compared to Cheney. She got death threats for the positions she's taken. IMO, that's a lot worse than sticking your foot in your mouth from time to time. You got anything to say about Republican leadership? This is the Republicans thread after all. ;)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:28 am

Joe wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:24 am
Republican leadership
I did just mention intellectually challenged children, but in another thread.

Trump and DeSantis seem to be the only two able to make any serious waves right now.

I'm still hopeful that someone will 'cross the aisle', and make an unholy alliance.

Omar/DeSantis 2024?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:22 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:28 am
Omar/DeSantis 2024?
Shame, I'm going to miss these jokes. They were so clever.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:54 am

The sudden absence of such sparkling witticisms is always distressing and disconcerting. :ddpan:

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:05 am

Kevin McCarthy, the current Republican Minority Leader in the House of Representatives (who looks forward a bit forlornly to being Speaker of the House when Republicans likely take control next year) has got himself in a bit of difficulty.

After January 6th he told other Republicans that he would tell Trump that he should resign. When this was reported, he vigorously denied it. Turns out the conversation was recorded. It's likely he never suggested anything of the sort to the odious wart in the White House--he's proven repeatedly that he's a grovelling coward.

'Kevin McCarthy’s Trump Denial Falls Apart In Hours With Release Of New Audio'
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s latest denial fell apart in record time.

McCarthy on Thursday denied a New York Times report that said he told other lawmakers he would call on then-President Donald Trump to resign in the days after the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, which had been carried out by his supporters.

But audio released shortly afterward by the Times shows otherwise.

“The only discussion I would have with him is that I think [impeachment] will pass, and it would be my recommendation you resign,” he said in a Jan. 10, 2021, phone call with GOP leaders.

He added that he didn’t think Trump would take his advice, “but I don’t know.”

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:34 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:54 am
The sudden absence of such sparkling witticisms is always distressing and disconcerting. :ddpan:
You will heal in time... :console:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:35 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:05 am
Kevin McCarthy, the current Republican Minority Leader in the House of Representatives (who looks forward a bit forlornly to being Speaker of the House when Republicans likely take control next year) has got himself in a bit of difficulty.

After January 6th he told other Republicans that he would tell Trump that he should resign. When this was reported, he vigorously denied it. Turns out the conversation was recorded. It's likely he never suggested anything of the sort to the odious wart in the White House--he's proven repeatedly that he's a grovelling coward.

'Kevin McCarthy’s Trump Denial Falls Apart In Hours With Release Of New Audio'
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s latest denial fell apart in record time.

McCarthy on Thursday denied a New York Times report that said he told other lawmakers he would call on then-President Donald Trump to resign in the days after the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, which had been carried out by his supporters.

But audio released shortly afterward by the Times shows otherwise.

“The only discussion I would have with him is that I think [impeachment] will pass, and it would be my recommendation you resign,” he said in a Jan. 10, 2021, phone call with GOP leaders.

He added that he didn’t think Trump would take his advice, “but I don’t know.”
...pants on fire...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:44 am

JimC wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:34 am
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:54 am
You will heal in time... :console:
:sadcheer: :martini: :lol:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:45 am

Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:49 am
Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:

I don't see where the average politician is being particularly courageous to sit for a long interview, especially when compared to Cheney. She got death threats for the positions she's taken. IMO, that's a lot worse than sticking your foot in your mouth from time to time. You got anything to say about Republican leadership? This is the Republicans thread after all. ;)
I don't recall Trump sitting down for a hostile interview. Mostly it's been court reporters and related sycophants.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:02 pm

gaetz meme 2.jpg
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:37 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:00 am
Tell that to the Latvian Princes.
Mind reminding me what they have to do in that matter?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:41 pm

Tero wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:15 pm
golden horde.jpg
Let's go back to the khans. The Mongols set it up and Russian princes were mere tax collectors.
Not really, if they had actually set it up, the title would be different, and the princes would be of Mongol stock.
When the Altin Ordu took over, the local nobles were indeed demoted to governors and tax collectors, but that was imposed on local, preexisting structures, not set up from whole cloth.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:08 pm

Have not turned on TV. No need to.
D0D61A97-2246-4AE6-A157-FE0550761363.jpeg
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag