Republicans: continued

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:55 pm

“We know where you live too, Mitch!” - shouted at Mitch McConnell as he is hounded out of a restaurant where he was trying to eat dinner with his wife - by people screaming AOC's favorite rhetoric about "abolishing ICE!!" Mitch received an increased number of death threats as a result.

Elaine Chao hounded and harassed by protesters who also went after her husband - screaming at her and following her menacingly to her car. She pleaded with her attackers that they should leave her husband, Mitch McConnell, alone. Doesn't matter, though, because they're Republicans, so, yeah, don't give them any peace, harass them where they are found.

They were given those instructions by Senator Maxine Waters - a US Senator - calling for people to harass any administration officials and prominent Republicans wherever they are found and give them no peace. If you see any of them, get a crowd together, make sure they know they're "not welcome" in the United States. Any Trump administration official should be singled out and harassed like that.

Democrats cheering the Steve Scalise shooting and wishing he was dead. In May of 2018, a liberal PAC was raising money to erect a poster encouraging passersby to “take out” Scalise. The wording of the billboard, combined with a comment from the PAC chairman saying his group was planning to “toss mortars” at Republicans.

People have threatened openly to kill Republicans and their supporters.

Cynthia Nixon called ICE a "terrorist organization." That kind of rhetoric, you know, if you say someone is apologizing for or is sympathetic to terrorist groups, well, that's fomenting violence - but, calling an entire department of the federal government a "terrorist organization," that doesn't foment any violence at all, no!

John Brennan's repeated comments that Trump is treasonous, and vile and deserves to be in the dustbin, and all that. The President got increased death threats after that. Irresponsible comments, right?

Steve Bannon was hounded and screamed out of a bookstore. Irresponsible?

Sarah Sanders chased out of a restaurant with her family. Irresponsible?

Scott Pruitt harassed in a restaurant. Irresponsible?

Trump supporters with MAGA hats on are assaulted, battered, and harassed on a weekly basis. No problem there? Oh, wait, yeah - that's under the "punching Nazis" exception, right? Doesn't apply when dealing with others, though, does it? Of course not!

A Republican Senator cornered in an elevator by screaming asshats during the Kavanaugh hearings.

Protesters left a burnt and decapitated animal body a DHS official's front porch. Increasing threats against DHS officials - death threats from the supporters of AOC and her "abolish ICE" crowd of douchebags. Doesn't cause any violence there, though! Oh, no!

The list goes on forever, and we don't even have to get to the non-stop series of threatening behavior and over the top rhetoric directed at the President for the last 2 years.

What Ilhan Omar gets is nothing compared to what is dished out. Even in her own defense, she goes off and attacks President Trump verbally about how vile and corrupt he is. She can call him whatever she wants, right? No risk of violence there!

This is just one giant boo-hoo defense of Ilhan Omar. Oh, she was called out for the stupid shit she says? Well join the fucking club.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:15 pm

We don't need science. We are Republicans! National security!
A9FCB24E-B244-4D1D-8FEF-8FB87B7814A6.jpeg
Federal judges have blocked pipelines repeatedly. Whack-a-mole executive orders pop out of the ground.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:24 pm

The Republicans poison and suffocate their own people and the cult say this is freedom.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:22 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:18 pm
Or, you know, you could just believe Forty Two...
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:37 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:50 am
Forty Two wrote:It's not a strawman. Libertarian communism is as I described.

If you think through any version of communism, it has similar failings. There is nothing romantic or ideal about it. By their own terms, not a single version of communism can result in anything but oppression and economic disaster.
Rubbish. How does a direct democracy inevitably lead to oppression?
Does direct democracy = communism?

But pure democracy where everybody voted on everything, including things are fundamental individual rights, would, of course, be oppressive.
It could oppressive, but it's not inevitable like you claim.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:45 am

Cunt wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:49 am
Forty Two wrote: In 2013, she said that she was tired of hearing people refer to Al Qaeta, Hizb[Allah and other terrorist organizations as if they were "bad things." And, she said that they "don't mean anything evil."
Let's see a quote with full context.
Why don't you go read up on the lady you are leaping to defend!

I'm not defending anyone. Learn to read.

:funny:

42 has a long history of misrepresentation and frankly bizarre interpretations of non-contentious ideas. It's what he's best known for here. I don't take anything he says as accurate until I can confirm it for myself.

Last edited by pErvinalia on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:46 am

Seabass wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:18 pm
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
Yeah, this.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:56 am

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:55 pm
[snipped self-indulgent screed of whataboutism] The list goes on forever ...
Not a single source cited for any of this, eh? I recognize at least one accusation that you made previously and failed to support when it was questioned. The bald-faced claim that Trump got 'increased death threats' after Brennan's public statements seems particularly suspect.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:25 am

In her own words...

How is that disgusting, or dangerous I wonder?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:45 am

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:35 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 pm
Unless there was a video on there that my mobile browsers weren't showing, it shows nothing of the sort.
There is a video, and it shows exactly what I said.
Surprise surprise, it shows nothing of the sort.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:49 am

It really scares me how Trump cultists will lower themselves, debase themselves, turn themselves into liars and cheaters, all in the service of a lowly, debased, liar and cheat.

How does he bring people down with him like that? How does he have the power to override people's morality? It can't be that all these people were already immoral, inhumane creeps who would defend everything from sexual assault, to child kidnapping, to inciting violence; can it?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:31 am

They were that low already.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:26 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:56 am
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:55 pm
[snipped self-indulgent screed of whataboutism] The list goes on forever ...
Not a single source cited for any of this, eh?
Because most have pretty much been discussed before, and ignored. The internet is rife with examples, too, of threats to Trump, starting with the protest against his inauguration. The list I went through is not particularly controversial.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:32 am

To a large degree, the gap between perception and reality on the tax cuts appears to flow from a sustained — and misleading — effort by liberal opponents of the law to brand it as a broad middle-class tax increase.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/busi ... x-cut.html

In other words, Trump got a broad-based tax cut through, and his opposition have convinced a supermajority of the public that it didn't happen. They lied. As usual.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:44 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:31 am
They were that low already.
I think that's too simple an answer. Like are all Catholics who've turned a blind eye necessarily bad people? Are people who refuse to believe that Michael Jackson was a fiddler necessarily bad people?

I know I ditched the former straight away when I heard what they did, but I was spared indoctrination. For people so entrenched in their belief that the Church was all good, and so sheepish in their devotion to authority it's not so easy to accept reality.

For Americans who worship power and wealth and are awed by celebrity and believe these things are good in themselves someone like Trump must seem like a god. And accusations of sexual assault, child kidnapping, rape, fraud, incompetence, scientific ignorance.... and so forth... must seem like blasphemy to their ears.

There's a lot here to think about. I need to study this phenomenon further. Starting with When Prophecy Fails (remembering that one starry-eyed believer once said that they thought Trump was just causing controversy to get votes and this "great man" was going to step forth, and how they went into severe denial when that never happened).