Republicans: continued

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Tero » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:16 pm

Republicans Who Voted To Overturn Election Say Congress Should Stay Out Of Elections

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/republic ... 08555d4c7a

And they do have a pretty good case. Only three amendments have adjusted who can vote. That is pretty much the reliable way to change things. The supreme court can reverse any law based on the constitution.
Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:15 pm

Democrat profiles effort by brave Republicans to stop the steal.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/05/politics ... index.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:14 pm

Republicans don't seem to think the gender madness is a-political.

Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:15 pm

...and Republican arithmetic

-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:02 pm

I'm not a fan of that tactic Cunt. It strikes me as dishonest. You're pointing to the behavior of some celebrities in this case, and talking about the left in general.

I think we have a thread for batshit crazies --people that call math racist-- somewhere.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:05 pm

People have gotten in the habit of calling everything racist. It is such an effective insult in our modern world, that it must be that being racist is VERY undesireable.

But you still get idiots insinuating racism into every problem. I consider them 'the Racismists', and try to change the subject.

Others aren't so lucky, and are forced to engage with these ideas, and even participate in them.

Things were better when 'not on the color of their skin, but the content of their character' was the goal. Now it's reparations (though they haven't made it clear if Harris gets paid because of her skin colour, or has to pay because her family were slaveowners)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:24 pm

If the head of a US government agency suspects serious problems or malfeasance on the part of the staff of their agency, there is an inspector general to whom they can turn to and initiate an investigation. That's what the office of inspector general is intended for. However, inspector generals are made to follow guidelines intended to ensure that their work is carried out in an unbiased manner. For a political hatchet job, an inspector general's office may not prove particularly effective.

The person that Trump installed as the head of the USAGM -- US Agency for Global Media (operates Voice of America and other media outreach efforts) saw it as his job to remake the operations under his control into vehicles for Trumpist propaganda. He also decided he needed to purge anybody in the various organizations who wasn't on board with that agenda. The inspector general of the USAGM couldn't be depended on to help him carry out his purge. So he spent millions of dollars of government funds to sic a private law firm on his staff. They didn't produce the desired result.

'Trump Appointee At VOA Parent Paid Law Firm Millions To Investigate His Own Staff'
Last summer, an appointee of former President Donald Trump was irate because he could not simply fire top executives who had warned him that some of his plans might be illegal.

Michael Pack, who was CEO of the U.S. Agency for Global Media that oversees Voice of America, in August suspended those top executives. He also immediately ordered up an investigation to determine what wrongdoing the executives might have committed.

Instead of turning to inspectors general or civil servants to investigate, Pack personally signed a no-bid contract to hire a high-profile law firm with strong Republican ties.

The bill — footed by taxpayers — exceeded $1 million in just the first few months of the contract.

Government Accountability Project, a nonprofit that represents federal whistleblowers accusing Pack and some of his inner circle of breaking U.S. laws and regulations, shared an analysis it conducted of documents related to the contract between Pack and the law firm.

The documents, obtained under the federal Freedom of Information Act, are likely to add to Pack's troubles even out of government; his actions have inspired numerous rebukes from federal and Washington, D.C., judges and in findings from official government investigators, and he remains the subject of other formal reviews.

The group's analysis of the new documents, shared with NPR, found the law firm McGuireWoods charged more than $320 per hour for 3,200 billable hours from August through October alone. It devoted five partners, six associates, two lawyers "of counsel," two staff attorneys, seven paralegals, three case assistants, 14 other timekeepers, and 11 "outsourced attorneys" to the work.

(According to exchanges between USAGM staffers reviewed by NPR, November and December charges from the law firm exceeded $1.2 million. Those exchanges were not part of the documents released on Thursday.)

"The engagement constitutes gross mismanagement, gross waste of taxpayer dollars and abuse of authority," David Seide of the Government Accountability Project, wrote in a letter Thursday to congressional committees with oversight of the USAGM.

"The 'deliverables' provided by McGuireWoods are — always were — of questionable value," he wrote. "The investigations produced nothing that could justify the kind of discipline Mr. Pack sought to impose on current USAGM employees he did not like — he wanted them fired (they have since been reinstated). Investigations of former employees also yielded nothing."

Seide from the nonprofit noted that political appointees are not supposed to oversee federal contracts. Yet the documents show the law firm's point of contact at the agency was Sam Dewey, a political appointee who was a top adviser and attorney for Pack, who had separately investigated several Voice of America journalists for perceived anti-Trump bias.
One of the things Pack had the private law firm look into was the audit of Secretary of State Clinton's emails. You know, just because it seemed like a good idea. And why not? It wasn't his money being spent on a political vendetta.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:26 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:05 pm
People have gotten in the habit of calling everything racist. It is such an effective insult in our modern world, that it must be that being racist is VERY undesireable.

But you still get idiots insinuating racism into every problem. I consider them 'the Racismists', and try to change the subject.

Others aren't so lucky, and are forced to engage with these ideas, and even participate in them.

Things were better when 'not on the color of their skin, but the content of their character' was the goal. Now it's reparations (though they haven't made it clear if Harris gets paid because of her skin colour, or has to pay because her family were slaveowners)
Some people have. But on the other side we have people that say racism is dead. A racist will say racism is dead, or that any problems associated with racism have resolved themselves. --weird world man

But forget the talking heads, and the celebrities, and look at life in the US where it's actually happening. Take the police issue. The talking heads make it all about "to defund or not to defund the police". But what many people are actually concerned about is more practical, like "is it a good idea to continue the militarization of the police", "with the expansion of the state's policing power it might be a good time to look into how to better hold them accountable", "as a result of the drug war you can hardly find a family without someone doing time, or having done time", "why are there so many police in my neighborhood" yadda, yadda. These are real concerns that aren't captured by the talking heads and the political hoodlums memes.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 pm

Meh. Celebrities get stick for their fashion choices or for looking grumpy in paparazzi snaps. In Cuntland that would mean that The Left dress badly and look shit in photos.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:34 pm

:lol:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:39 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:26 pm
Cunt wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:05 pm

Some people have. But on the other side we have people that say racism is dead. A racist will say racism is dead, or that any problems associated with racism have resolved themselves. --weird world man

But forget the talking heads, and the celebrities, and look at life in the US where it's actually happening. Take the police issue. The talking heads make it all about "to defund or not to defund the police". But what many people are actually concerned about is more practical, like "is it a good idea to continue the militarization of the police", "with the expansion of the state's policing power it might be a good time to look into how to better hold them accountable", "as a result of the drug war you can hardly find a family without someone doing time, or having done time", "why are there so many police in my neighborhood" yadda, yadda. These are real concerns that aren't captured by the talking heads and the political hoodlums memes.
How many unarmed black men have been killed by police in the US in 2019?

It's a question I got wrong, while listening to a story about how wrong many others got it (lost the poll, sorry)

It doesn't show anything about racism. What it does show is how much the media have given people a false impression of reality regarding police shootings of black men in the US.

Hell, the VP heralded a guy as a hero. He was breaking a restraining order, and the police who came to help the victim, were losing a fight with him. He went for the knife and they shot him a bunch of times.

He was a violent domestic abuser. Any guesses as to why the media liked that story? I suspect demographic fit to their narrative, but I'm open to other theories.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:07 pm

Again, I encourage you to engage with life in the US where it actually happens. We don't live in the memes on Hannity's or Maddow's show.

Where we live people are concerned about the things I mentioned above. If you believe those concerns are the result of media manipulation, then I think it's possible you've been mislead by all the media you consume.

I've never met a Republican I've discussed the police with who would dismiss any of the concerns, with the exception, sometimes, of over policing --they seem less concerned about that, but then it ain't their neighborhood. They also acknowledge the obvious --minorities-- have a harder time with police and the justice system in general. They may disagree about why.

But they won't deny it happens. I suspect you know it too. So, whatever the reasons it happens, racism or not, that lived experience is more likely behind the concerns than your media boogeyman.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:40 am

I notice you didn't reply to my post, Sean.

Do you think Jacob Blake was a hero that should get a call from the President? How do you think Blake's victim feels about his statement here, knowing that he was trying to defeat the restraining order, and the cops, with a knife when they were forced to shoot him.
'I had the opportunity to spend some time with Jacob on the phone. He's out of ICU. We spoke for about 15 minutes,' Biden said at the Grace Lutheren Church in Kenosha last week. 'He talked about how nothing was going to defeat him. Whether he walked again or not, he was not going to give up.'
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:28 am

I don't know Jacob Blake or his story. I'm sure I heard about it. I'd like to get you to see the world beyond the political hoodlums you slum with.

The question of police and criminal justice reform is much bigger, and I think it's disingenuous to confuse Americans concerns around these issues for more fleeting emotional outpourings in response to sensational stories.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:54 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:28 am
I don't know Jacob Blake or his story. I'm sure I heard about it. I'd like to get you to see the world beyond the political hoodlums you slum with.

The question of police and criminal justice reform is much bigger, and I think it's disingenuous to confuse Americans concerns around these issues for more fleeting emotional outpourings in response to sensational stories.
The nation riots about police shootings, and you don't know about one of the biggest news items around it? This one had Biden and Harris directly involved.

But ignore that, and would you rephrase your question? I might have lost it.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: