Republicans: continued

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:20 am

:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:41 am

Marjorie Taylor Greene says Democrats are pushing communism through corporations

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1441884093176705029

those sneaky Democrats, what will they think of next?
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:53 pm

As usual, Republicans projecting the blame for their own misdeeds onto everyone. I wonderow many corporate donors have contributed to Greene?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:42 am

Peak Caucasity
:funny:
Jemele Hill appears to have ruffled the feathers of Ohio senatorial candidate Josh Mandel after the award-winning journalist called out the former Ohio state treasurer for reaching “peak Caucasity” with his rant on critical race theory.

The online squabble took place last week when Mandel referenced Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. while slamming the study of CRT — a term coined by UCLA and Columbia University law professor Kimberlé Crenshaw that she recently described as “an approach to grappling with a history of white supremacy that rejects the belief that what’s in the past is in the past.”

Conservative lawmakers in nearly a dozen states, including Michigan, Texas, Georgia, and Mandel’s home state of Ohio, have made CRT one of their latest fronts in the culture wars as they push measures to ban teaching of the theory in schools.
https://atlantablackstar.com/2021/09/27 ... 6aRqlh-iag

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:10 pm

A Christian nation forbids legal access to abortion. It also keeps those filthy gays in their place. For the greater glory of God.

'Texas' abortion law architect is giving women the most absurd, insulting advice'
After scoring an initial victory in their mission to eviscerate women’s constitutionally protected right to obtain access to an abortion, some in the conservative movement have already explicitly moved on to attacking LGBTQ rights, which suggests they’re gunning for all your constitutionally protected rights — at least those not dealing with guns.

Former Texas Solicitor General Jonathan Mitchell, who designed Texas’ restrictive abortion law, evidently is not satisfied with the U.S. Supreme Court’s near-certain termination of Roe v. Wade, the court’s landmark 1973 decision in which it held that women have a constitutionally protected right to have an abortion.

In a brief filed last week with the court, Mitchell suggested he's coming for Lawrence v. Texas, the 2003 decision in which the Supreme Court ruled that laws that criminalize sodomy are unconstitutional, and Obergefell v. Hodges, the 2015 ruling in which the court concluded that the Constitution protects the rights of same-sex couples to marry. Lawrence and Obergefell marked historic progress in the fight for equality for all people, regardless of sexual orientation. Those decisions told all Americans that you can be a full person under the law, no matter your sexual orientation.

But Mitchell described Lawrence and Obergefell as being “as lawless as Roe” and suggested the court take a machete to those precedents. He described them as creating “court-invented rights to homosexual behavior and same-sex marriage.” He concluded, “These ‘rights,’ like the right to abortion from Roe, are judicial concoctions, and there is no other source of law that can be invoked to salvage their existence.”

This is the same attorney who said people should stop complaining about the Texas law he designed to restrict abortion because if women don’t want to worry about needing an abortion, they can just stop having sex.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:49 pm

...This is the same attorney who said people should stop complaining about the Texas law he designed to restrict abortion because if women don’t want to worry about needing an abortion, they can just stop having sex...
The best response from women to this would be to become lesbians! :{D
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:40 am

Just shout lies about 'freedom' and the money rolls in. The dopes have been well and truly programmed.

'GOP Launches Fundraising Frenzy Off Biden Vax Mandates'
When President Joe Biden announced his administration would require vaccines or weekly COVID tests for federal workers and businesses with 100 or more employees, Republicans pounced—as the saying goes—into fundraising mode.

The day after the announcement, the Republican National Committee began blasting out emails and text messages asking supporters to reach into their pockets to help fund a coming legal challenge against the supposedly “authoritarian” mandate.

“WE WILL SUE BIDEN TO END HIS AUTHORITARIAN VACCINE MANDATE,” the first of the emails read, claiming Americans risk losing their freedoms “like never before.”

“We’re calling on EVERY Patriot to step up and help fund our efforts. Are you going to join us or will you sit on the sidelines?” email asked, and suggested a $45 donation.

The solicitations went out almost daily for the next two weeks, and grew increasingly Orwellian in tenor. Texts attacked Biden as “UN-AMERICAN” and a “TYRANT,” and emails played up fears of “fascist” overreach.

“You MUST step up RIGHT NOW and fund our efforts against Biden to end this EVIL vaccine mandate or all will be lost!” read an email sent Sunday, Sept. 12. Another sent around the same time reminded recipients that “lawsuits like this are expensive,” and again suggested a $45 contribution would be sufficient to back the effort.

The surge in fundraising pleas and rhetorical blitzes on vaccine “freedom” have only intensified this summer across the Republican Party—whether it’s among the heavyweights in conservative media, top contenders in GOP primaries ahead of the 2022 midterms, or prominent Republicans on Capitol Hill and the party’s leader, Trump.

One Fox News insider succinctly described the anti-COVID-mandate segments and vaccine-resistant commentary as “great for ratings.” Another current Fox employee said the numbers clearly demonstrated that there are vanishingly fewer subjects these days that get “our viewers more excited or engaged than” those kinds of segments.
Of course the US Supreme Court upheld vaccine mandates in a precedent that's over a century old, but the current 'religious' right wing dominated court doesn't seem to care all that much about precedent when it conflicts with their ideology. The Republicans aren't completely barking up the wrong tree in their supposed litigious ambition, even if their yalping is in fact nothing more than a convenient money-generating pose.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:09 am

School board meetings. Looks familiar. Maybe we had this.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:11 pm

republicans cartoon.jpg
republicans cartoon.jpg (78.99 KiB) Viewed 1057 times

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:24 pm

The majority of students are unable to wear their mask properly for the entire day; most wear it under their nose, and many just around their neck. It is a constant struggle to keep them in their mask, and in an environment where actual instructional time is already sacrificed to countless distractions most teachers aren't bothering to consistently remind students to pull up their mask.

I'm sure it is still better than nothing, but it is not without problems. --having idiotic opponents doesn't make your ideas good

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:38 pm

I guess you can't use this to remind them
https://imgur.com/t/mask/Kitu3mu

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:45 pm

:lol:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:12 pm

Where is Zorro when you need him?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:01 am

republican covid plan.jpg
Republican covid plan: enclose unvaccinated criminals together.

A little worse than the Biden infrastructure plan that includes preschool funding.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:56 am

I suppose it's easy to believe 'free speech is firmly on the right' as long as you only find right wing liars 'convincing.'

'"Woke," "multiculturalism," "equity": Wisconsin GOP proposes banning words from schools'
The Wisconsin Assembly passed legislation on a party-line vote Tuesday that would bar public schools from teaching critical race theory, the latest Republican-controlled legislative chamber to take action on a culture war issue that erupted in school board meetings around the country this summer.

The measure mirrors efforts in other states to block teachers from instructing students on concepts of racial injustice or inherent bias.

But in testimony before a Wisconsin Assembly committee considering the bill in August, one of the measure’s lead authors went farther than in other states, spelling out specific words that would be barred from the classroom.

“It has come to our attention, and to some of the people who traveled here to Madison today, that a growing number of school districts are teaching material that attempts to redress the injustice of racism and sexism by employing racism and sexism, as well as promoting psychological distress in students based on these immutable characteristics,” state Rep. Chuck Wichgers (R) said of his bill. “No one should have to undergo the humiliation of being told that they are inferior to someone else. We are all members of the human race.”

Wichgers, who represents Muskego in the legislature, attached an addendum to his legislation that included a list of “terms and concepts” that would violate the bill if it became law.

Among those words: “Woke,” “whiteness,” “White supremacy,” “structural bias,” “structural racism,” “systemic bias” and “systemic racism.” The bill would also bar “abolitionist teaching,” in a state that sent more than 91,000 soldiers to fight with the Union Army in the Civil War.

The list of barred words or concepts includes “equity,” “inclusivity education,” “multiculturalism” and “patriarchy,” as well as “social justice” and “cultural awareness.”