On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:04 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:11 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:54 am
The "why" could be that certain genders are discriminated against, hence the need to recognise them in addressing that discrimination.
The government can't discriminate based on gender - unless they recognize more than one gender.
I wasn't talking about the government discriminating.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 pm

People who do not recognise that there are significant numbers of people who do not fit into a binary male/female system have their heads in the sand. They exist, and need recognition of their existence. No one is forcing someone who (like myself) fits comfortably into a traditional gender role to explore other options.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:08 am

Animavore wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:00 pm
Surrounded by the skyscrapers that tower over Times Square, a new billboard went up this week that in large black letters reads: “NO GAYS ALLOWED.” Just below, a smaller message states: “STOP Alliance Defending Freedom. Learn more at NoGays.org.”

The billboard is part of a new campaign that aims to draw attention to the conservative Christian legal group Alliance Defending Freedom, or ADF, which has been labeled an anti-LGBTQ “hate group” by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a designation the group disputes. Since its founding nearly 25 years ago, ADF has been linked to efforts seeking to criminalize homosexuality, restrict transgender people’s access to sex-segregated facilities and permit businesses to deny service to LGBTQ people.

Caleb Cade, a spokesman for Citizens for Transparency, the advocacy group behind the campaign, said the powerful nonprofit law group has fought for years to undermine lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer rights, often behind the scenes.

“We want to remind people that there are still really insidious forces at work against our community,” Cade told NBC News. “ADF has been leading that war for a long time, with tens of millions of dollars to do it.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out ... wj-qjkHyno
"...really insidious forces at work against our community,” Cade told NBC News. “ADF has been leading that war..." LOL. At least the spokesman was honest.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:49 pm

No Bozo, it does not. Cut military spending to 50% since Trump is pulling out of Nato anyway.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/social- ... le-heights
just raise the amount of taxed social security income. Give them back 50-80% of the money they paid in at the higher bracket once they retire. Win win.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Little Jeff Sessions most likely out of politics
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/ ... mp-1012532
I would say by 2020 only a 50% chance we have to put up with him again

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:16 pm

Fuck you Democrats, this is our lame duck bill! The party acts just like Trump
The measure amounts to House Republicans’ opening bid in negotiations with the Senate. They’ll need Democratic support there to move any changes, and it’s unclear whether lawmakers will agree to any of the provisions before adjourning for the year.

The bill’s unveiling came only hours after Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon, the ranking Democrat on the Finance Committee, complained the House GOP had provided little inkling of what exactly it wants to do on taxes in the lame duck. His spokesperson later gave the measure a frosty reception.

“The first time Finance Committee Dems saw Brady’s legislation was in his press release,” Wyden spokeswoman Rachel McCleery tweeted Monday evening, referring to Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady (R-Texas). “There was no communication from his staff, including a heads up that something was coming.That is not how you negotiate.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/ ... ge-1017368
42 would go whatabout Obamacare?
That's different: a good chunck of it was written by the insurance industry

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:33 am

Seabass wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:26 am
Mississippi senator, whose runoff opponent is black, jokes about 'public hanging'
"If he invited me to a public hanging, I'd be on the front row," Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ng-n935006
She won. :toot:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:10 am

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:39 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 pm
People who do not recognise that there are significant numbers of people who do not fit into a binary male/female system have their heads in the sand. They exist, and need recognition of their existence. No one is forcing someone who (like myself) fits comfortably into a traditional gender role to explore other options.
No, they are, however, using it like the 'pray the gay away' of the previous decades. Why go to the trouble of raising a gay, when you can have a trans instead?

There is a tiny number of people who don't fit in, but there always have been.

I use my pronouns normally. If someone looks male, I use male. If they look female, I use female. If I get it wrong, and have the opportunity, I correct it.

If I get the sense that someone is playing games for attention, I refuse to play with them. If they are angry for being called a woman, I use satire to refer to them as women. If they are demanding that I use a made-up word for a pronoun for them, I would tell them to go away.

Why is it so hard for everyone to accept that there are men and women, and that some people will try HARD to look like gender-benders? Why is it so hard to accept that most normal people don't want to know what gender you identify with, what your sex preference is, or whether you have had penis removal surgery?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:25 pm

It seems like something you might consider compromising on. If the worst they are doing to you is seeking a bit of your attention, then it hardly seems necessary or useful to respond to them with nastiness.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:49 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:25 pm
It seems like something you might consider compromising on. If the worst they are doing to you is seeking a bit of your attention, then it hardly seems necessary or useful to respond to them with nastiness.
It's not the 'attention seekers' I am most bothered by. It is those DEMANDING special treatment and attention.

I use whatever pronoun I think is right at the moment, Ms. Hayden. If you don't like it, and fuck off, that's fine. If, however, you don't like it and take forceful measures (such as creating laws and penalties) then you are earning some nastiness.

Also, if you are going to be respectful of people's pronouns, you must be respectful of mine. They are 'I, me and my'.

That should either be an example of me fucking with you, and deserving of contempt, or an example of me expressing my gender preference, and deserving of respect.

Which is it? And who gets to decide?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:41 pm

Just six months ago the Arizona legislator from Prescott was complaining that there aren’t “enough white kids to go around” in the public schools, and immigrants are a “threat.” That racist bullshit was even too much for Republican Gov. Doug Ducey, who called for Rep. David Stringer to step down. He didn’t and the good people of Yavapai County re-elected him a couple weeks ago. Yea you!

Rep. Stringer is back with another nugget of bigotry. On Nov. 19 he spoke to a political association at Arizona State University, which invited him, knowing his history of racist remarks. The students were “itching to talk to him about … his views to see whether his positions had evolved.” 

More racist white empowement due to the racist white in the White House.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Animavore wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:41 pm
Just six months ago the Arizona legislator from Prescott was complaining that there aren’t “enough white kids to go around” in the public schools, and immigrants are a “threat.” That racist bullshit was even too much for Republican Gov. Doug Ducey, who called for Rep. David Stringer to step down. He didn’t and the good people of Yavapai County re-elected him a couple weeks ago. Yea you!

Rep. Stringer is back with another nugget of bigotry. On Nov. 19 he spoke to a political association at Arizona State University, which invited him, knowing his history of racist remarks. The students were “itching to talk to him about … his views to see whether his positions had evolved.” 

More racist white empowement due to the racist white in the White House.
Missed the punch line, I'd say. Link

Just in case some high-minded and fastidious person comes out with 'Daily Kos, LOL':

'In Latest Racist Remarks, Rep. David Stringer Says Black People Don't "Blend In"'
Republican State Representative David Stringer, who was abandoned by Republican leadership this summer after he made racist comments, made more racist comments this month while speaking with Arizona State University students.

In audio obtained by Phoenix New Times, Stringer can be heard saying African-Americans "don't blend in," calling non-native English speaking students a "burden," and remarking that Somali-Americans, comparing them with Polish-Americans, don't look like "every other kid."

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:14 am

That toupee certainly doesn't blend in... :?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka