Republicans: continued

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:35 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:16 am
I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that elitist Democrats can’t see the disconnect between fighting for the poor on the debate stage, and running states where the poor will never be their neighbors….
I got a complaint from perv and R about "not understanding Tero's posts." Not a problem, it was a humor thread.

I get some of what you say above but not all. You are saying Republicans are better at solving problems for the working poor? By giving them jobs?
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:47 pm

Oh look, Tero is dragging his dispute with me into yet another thread. That's so surprising!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:11 pm

:prof:

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:27 pm

Are you trying to say something Tero, or are you just going to let the lie you told above speak for itself?

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:38 pm

Let me ask you a personal question, Tero. Would you be happier if I left the forum?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:51 pm

:ohthedrama:

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:18 pm

Don't you dare :cry:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:23 pm

Passive aggression is a way of expressing negative feelings in indirect rather than direct ways. Instead of having open, honest conversations about how they feel wronged, the individual may use hints, silence, denial, and other subtle tactics to communicate their discontent. Here are 18 of the most common signs of passive aggression:

1. Denies anger while enacting it indirectly
2. Hints instead of stating need or complaint directly
3. Sulks, sighs, and pouts
4. Has a sullen attitude
5. Fails to follow through or uses intentional inefficiency
6. Complains about feeling wronged and underappreciated
7. Scorekeeps silently
8. Gives backhanded compliments
9. Acts out aggression physically
10. Uses the silent treatment

A passive-aggressive person may decide to punish another person by shutting down all communication instead of addressing the issue directly.

11. Insists the conflict is resolved without letting it go

A passive-aggressive person will struggle to move through conflict maturely because it is never actually addressed. Nevertheless, they may claim that everything is fine while harboring resentment and frustration.

12. Feels they are doing everybody a favor

Some passive-aggressive people see their behavior as a mature approach to conflict resolution. In their eyes, conflict is to be avoided at all costs and they are taking one for the team by avoiding it, even if their discontent emerges in other ways.

13. Resents those who want to have a direct conversation
14. Sabotages others
15. Insists that others are simply misunderstanding them
16. Distances from the person without saying why

A passive-aggressive person may decide to move away emotionally from a person without ever addressing the underlying reasons that led to their unhappiness. Their silence may baffle or hurt their friend. Attempts to directly repair the relationship may be met with deflection or denial that they are distancing at all.

17. Talks to uninvolved parties about what’s wrong
18. Create an eggshell situation

Psychology Today || 18 Signs That You're Dealing with a Passive-Aggressive Person
Tero, could you please give me a direct answer to my question? I'm certainly not infallible but you seem to have expressed hostility towards me several times after I came down on you for what I thought was an unwarranted attack in the news thread. Are you expressing that you have no lingering hostility or other negative feelings toward me?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:35 pm

I'm not here to deal with personal issues and conflicts. Ratz was probably in first 2-3 atheist forums I took part in.

If you notice, I never post in the Tigger lounge section.
http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

In the spirit of the old atheist Ratz, I'll debate science stuff, history, politics. Not anything to do with any personal items.

Back in the day of Cunt I would deal with politics with him. But then he entered some personal angle and I would leave the topic.

So the lectures about passive aggressiveness etc are not really read or responded to.

That's just how it will go. There are so few of us left it makes no sense to put anyone on ignore.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:48 pm

Tero wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:35 pm
I'm not here to deal with personal issues and conflicts. Ratz was probably in first 2-3 atheist forums I took part in.

If you notice, I never post in the Tigger lounge section.
http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

In the spirit of the old atheist Ratz, I'll debate science stuff, history, politics. Not anything to do with any personal items.

Back in the day of Cunt I would deal with politics with him. But then he entered some personal angle and I would leave the topic.

So the lectures about passive aggressiveness etc are not really read or responded to.

That's just how it will go. There are so few of us left it makes no sense to put anyone on ignore.
Fair enough, but you still haven't answered my question. Do you want to get along with me? It doesn't seem so.

Regardless, since you appear to have decided to launch repeated personal attacks against me and at the same time claim that you aren't interested in personal stuff, I don't see that I have any other choice but to adopt an aggressive stance towards my own self-defense. You could change that, but it doesn't appear to be which side your bread is buttered on.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:09 am

Tero wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:35 am
Sean Hayden wrote:
I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that elitist Democrats can’t see the disconnect between fighting for the poor on the debate stage, and running states where the poor will never be their neighbors….
I got a complaint from perv and R about "not understanding Tero's posts." Not a problem, it was a humor thread.

I get some of what you say above but not all. You are saying Republicans are better at solving problems for the working poor? By giving them jobs?
Republican states are more affordable. This is true even when you account for higher incomes in the more expensive Democrat states.

Of course a million excuses will present themselves. But if you’re going to claim to be for the working class, you might at least consider why they can’t afford housing where you live.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:07 pm

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:45 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:09 am
Tero wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:35 am
Sean Hayden wrote:

Republican states are more affordable. This is true even when you account for higher incomes in the more expensive Democrat states.

Of course a million excuses will present themselves. But if you’re going to claim to be for the working class, you might at least consider why they can’t afford housing where you live.
An inconvenient Truth. We're seeing an unprecedented population migration, it's going to change the complexion of the country in the next decade. Assuming we still have a country to talk about, of course. Secession is truly not off the table.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:07 am

Just a well-heeled shitheel talking shit. For now.

'Fascist Marjorie Taylor Greene boasts January 6 coup would have succeeded if she led it because "we would’ve been armed"'
In a Saturday night speech at the New York Young Republican Club gala in Manhattan, New York, fascist Georgia Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene (Republican) boasted that had she and former Trump adviser Steve Bannon “organized” the January 6, 2021 coup it would have been successful because “we would’ve been armed.”

“I will tell you something, if Steve Bannon and I organized that,” Greene said referring to the coup, “we would have won.”

“Not to mention,” Greene said, “it would’ve been armed.”

On-the-ground reporters for the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors the activities of fascist groups, said that after Greene’s remarks “attendees erupted in cheers and applause.” It is unclear if Donald Trump Jr., a speaker and attendee at the same event, was one of those who “erupted” in approval.

Greene’s threats, which she tried to pass off as a “joke,” are deadly serious. They underscore that 23 months after the attack on the Capitol, the Republican Party has continued to transform into a fascist organization, despite the fact that some of Trump’s hand-picked “election denialists” lost their races.

Furthermore, Greene’s threats express the fact that even if Trump is not the Republican nominee, the antidemocratic social forces he represents will continue to be cultivated by the ruling class within the Republican Party.

Greene’s declaration was not an aberration in an otherwise “normal” Republican event. The yearly gala was organized by the president of the New York Young Republicans, Gavin Wax, and featured neo-Nazi Jack Posobiec as the co-headline speaker along with Greene. Posobiec is a former Navy officer and routinely incites fascist violence against LGBTQ persons. He is a protege of Roger Stone and began spreading the #StopTheSteal hashtag on Twitter on September 7, 2020, nearly two months before the presidential election.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:04 am

The roaring 20s and the black shirts are back.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT