Republicans: continued

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Svartalf » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:05 pm

rasetsu wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:51 pm
Isn't he just trying to sink it to the point he can close it down?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:13 pm

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:38 am

Herschel Walker Compares Raphael Warnock To Scooby Doo, Laces Into Biden And Democrats, man getting pregnant, Iran, leadership. pronouns out of the military, agriculture in Georgia, cost of combines, electric combines that runs for 2 hours, they are going after our kids now, that they are a victim, his multiple personalities etc, God built him back up
https://youtu.be/BMW9i_bcpcA
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:12 pm

Lock him up!
A complaint filed Sunday with the Georgia Bureau of Investigations and the state attorney general is calling for an investigation into whether Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker committed a felony by voting in Georgia elections while claiming a homestead exemption for a home he owns in Texas.

The complaint, written by Georgia resident Ann Gregory Roberts, states that “it appears that Walker was not a resident of Georgia for voting purposes when he registered to vote and voted. Any person who votes, or registers to vote, knowing that he or she is not eligible to do so is guilty of a felony.”
https://news.yahoo.com/complaint-accuse ... 55080.html

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:13 pm

Svartalf wrote:
rasetsu wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:51 pm
Isn't he just trying to sink it to the point he can close it down?
If Twitter is an echo chamber then there's only one voice he wants it to echo.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:17 pm

In 2013, the Republican Party conducted a review of policy and approach after Mitt Romney was trounced by Obama. The report from that review suggested the party should make an effort to reach 'communities of color, women and young voters.' Of course that was pretty much ignored and instead Republicans headed in the opposite direction, going with Trump.

After another significant failure at the ballot box, another review is being mounted. Given who the party chair has chosen to conduct the review, it is certain that it will produce significantly different results.

'RNC Taps Right Wing Extremists to Head Group Designed to Expand GOP Appeal in Wake of Midterm Losses'
Embattled Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel is launching two advisory groups in an effort to expand the party’s appeal to voters and examine what went wrong in the wake of stunning, historic midterm election losses – and she’s turning to some of the right’s most extreme leaders to perform the investigations.

Political analysts on both sides of the aisle generally agree that Donald Trump, Trumpism, the party’s lurch to far right wing extremism including white nationalism, white supremacy, Christian nationalism, antisemitism, authoritarianism, fascism, and the “Big Lie” of stolen elections hurt, not helped candidates in the 2022 midterms.

McDaniel has now tapped some of the very purveyors of that failed extremism to lead the shrinking party’s efforts to broaden its outreach and correct its errors.

“The RNC is tapping nearly a dozen people to serve in what it’s calling a ‘Republican Party Advisory Council’ – a group that includes former Donald Trump White House adviser Kellyanne Conway, evangelical leader Tony Perkins and a pair of Senate candidates who ran this year,” Politico reports.

Tony Perkins is a far right wing religious extremist and anti-LGBTQ activist who decades ago reportedly had ties to white supremacist groups, which he has denied. For decades he has been president of the Family Research Council, which appears on the Southern Poverty Law Center’s list of anti-LGBTQ hate groups.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:37 pm

Tero wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:12 pm
Lock him up!
A complaint filed Sunday with the Georgia Bureau of Investigations and the state attorney general is calling for an investigation into whether Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker committed a felony by voting in Georgia elections while claiming a homestead exemption for a home he owns in Texas.

The complaint, written by Georgia resident Ann Gregory Roberts, states that “it appears that Walker was not a resident of Georgia for voting purposes when he registered to vote and voted. Any person who votes, or registers to vote, knowing that he or she is not eligible to do so is guilty of a felony.”
https://news.yahoo.com/complaint-accuse ... 55080.html
Proving the 'knowing' part with Walker is going to be a feat. I don't think he knows his own name at times.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:00 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:17 pm
In 2013, the Republican Party conducted a review of policy and approach after Mitt Romney was trounced by Obama. The report from that review suggested the party should make an effort to reach 'communities of color, women and young voters.' Of course that was pretty much ignored and instead Republicans headed in the opposite direction, going with Trump.

After another significant failure at the ballot box, another review is being mounted. Given who the party chair has chosen to conduct the review, it is certain that it will produce significantly different results.

'RNC Taps Right Wing Extremists to Head Group Designed to Expand GOP Appeal in Wake of Midterm Losses'
Embattled Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel is launching two advisory groups in an effort to expand the party’s appeal to voters and examine what went wrong in the wake of stunning, historic midterm election losses – and she’s turning to some of the right’s most extreme leaders to perform the investigations.

Political analysts on both sides of the aisle generally agree that Donald Trump, Trumpism, the party’s lurch to far right wing extremism including white nationalism, white supremacy, Christian nationalism, antisemitism, authoritarianism, fascism, and the “Big Lie” of stolen elections hurt, not helped candidates in the 2022 midterms.

McDaniel has now tapped some of the very purveyors of that failed extremism to lead the shrinking party’s efforts to broaden its outreach and correct its errors.

“The RNC is tapping nearly a dozen people to serve in what it’s calling a ‘Republican Party Advisory Council’ – a group that includes former Donald Trump White House adviser Kellyanne Conway, evangelical leader Tony Perkins and a pair of Senate candidates who ran this year,” Politico reports.

Tony Perkins is a far right wing religious extremist and anti-LGBTQ activist who decades ago reportedly had ties to white supremacist groups, which he has denied. For decades he has been president of the Family Research Council, which appears on the Southern Poverty Law Center’s list of anti-LGBTQ hate groups.
I suspect an embedding of the alt-right mentality will not garner broad appeal for the Republican party among the voters, but no doubt it will still serve to promulgate the politics of hatred and fear these emotionally damaged and psychologically suspect plague sores personally thrive on.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:58 am

A new level of "have cake and eat it too."
https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm ... 653c86dd84
He wants to run and if he loses be governor again.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:43 am

can I make him a gift to a hundred HIV positive violent gay rapists?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:08 pm

Some of the right, not so much the moderates but the libertarian wing, are losing support to US as a world power. This could mean chaos and loss of consumer goods here. We can always feed ourselves in the US.
https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles ... s-military
(there is a paywall...)
Conservative American pundits and politicians have found a surprising new punching bag: the “woke” U.S. military. “Anti-American indoctrination [is] seeping into parts of our military,” Senator Tom Cotton, a Republican from Arkansas, railed in a hearing of the Senate Armed Services Committee in June. “Holy crap,” Senator Ted Cruz, a Republican from Texas, tweeted in May in response to a recruitment ad showcasing the U.S. Army’s diversity. “Perhaps a woke, emasculated military is not the best idea.”

In the ongoing controversy over “critical race theory” (CRT)—a framework for analyzing racism that was once confined to the....

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:09 pm

2024 will tell. Is mini-Trump a good label?
AAF67A26-F540-44F3-BC80-2B4500C19E46.jpeg

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:30 pm

Shop! Trump wasn't in the original photo.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:38 pm

My cousin's husband on FB. Who says all gays are liberal?

Keep in mind: The Rapture comes BEFORE the antichrist. I have heard the Bible in many different forms and translations, and it really always come down to this. I have been hearing about the second coming of Christ and the events that will unfold since I was a child. The "Mark of the Beast", microchips, no cash/just plastic, Marshall Law, Total Government dependency/control. When we are raising a family, working long hours, sometimes two jobs, lots of things go unnoticed or just get ignored.
No one can comprehend how bad it will be, ...until it is. Up until the past couple of years, we had NEVER been told to stay home, quit work and rely on the Government. We are seeing a lot of these "firsts" since January 2020! Can our minds and bodies handle what's coming?
NOT WITHOUT GOD. I wonder what doctor will be on the news trying to explain the Rapture and disappearance of so many people? I won’t be here for it, but it’s a thought.
While the devil is preparing people for the antichrist, GOD IS PREPARING PEOPLE FOR THE RAPTURE. I don’t know when the Rapture will take place, but I know that I won’t be left behind when that trumpet sounds!
I also believe that GOD IS GIVING US A CHANCE TO REPENT. We need to get the Gospel message out!!! Until the Good Lord calls me away from this world to go to my heavenly home, I want to make it clear that I believe JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONE and ONLY TRUE LORD and SAVIOR. Despite the fact that I am human, and I fail a lot, I believe that JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD.
I believe that He came as a baby, I believe that He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, and that He rose from the dead on the third day, and He is in Heaven preparing a place for all those who believe and trust Him as their Savior. He loves us all dearly (far more than we deserve) and forgives our sins when we repent. His Word says in John 3:16 "Whosoever believeth in Me, shall not perish but have everlasting life.”
Matthew 10:33 says, “But whosoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father which art in heaven.”
This is the best challenge I have seen on Facebook. If the Holy Spirit moves you, and you’re not ashamed, just copy, and make this as your status update.
Can I get an Amen for being a believer in God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit?
Amen!
He is the reason for the season
Knowing Him is Believing
Amen
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:15 pm

Jesus lak. That must make for interesting family gatherings.

Frank Zappa