Father Ted writer Graham Linehan given harassment warning

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:50 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45777689

The co-creator of Father Ted has been given a verbal warning by police for alleged harassment following a row on Twitter with a transgender woman.

Graham Linehan was told by West Yorkshire Police not to contact Stephanie Hayden.

She reported him for referring to her as a "he", and for tweeting the names she used before transitioning. Miss Hayden, 45, is now suing the writer.

Mr Linehan, 50, told the BBC he is also considering taking action against her.

(continued)
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Father Ted writer Graham Linehan given harassment warning

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:26 pm

So.... what happened? I hate reading articles like that. An entire article stating A is suing B for "harassment", but after reading the entire article we still don't know who said what to whom. Was the author not able to see the Twitter exchange? Why not?

At the end, Linehan says that he calls all his transwomen friends "she" (I guess that means that those people he knows that were men and transitioned to women, he calls them she). But, this person who claims he harassed her, he won't respect that person's pronouns because he doesn't respect pronouns of misogynists.

That just leaves a big fucking question mark at the end. Why is the transperson who is suing him a misogynist? And he's thinking of suing her, too. For what? What did he/she do or say?

The only thing the article says is that Linehan called it or she "he" and retweeted something that showed it or her's previous name and iteration. So? What's the big whoop there? You were a male before? Your name was such and such? And, then Linehan is bitching that this person tweeted his address. One can be sued for that? Was the address available on a google search?

What exactly is going on here???
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar