"The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: "The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Post by Seabass » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:27 pm

The man is an insane moron. Good god, how is this man president... :fp2:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-on-ca ... g-problem/
“Just to see the firefighters,” Trump said. “Nobody has ever seen what is going on over there. And now they’re saying there could be as many as 600. This just came out before we met. Could be as many as 600 people killed. Up by 400. It’s incredible what’s going on. And burned beyond recognition. They can’t even see the bodies. It’s incredible. I was watching the firemen the other day. And they were raking areas where the fire was… They’re raking trees — not trees, little bushes that you could see are totally dry. Weeds. And they’re raking them. They’re on fire.”

Wallace then asked him if he thought climate change was contributing to the fires.

“Maybe it contributes a little bit, the big problem we have is management,” Trump opined.

He then added: “When I was in a certain state, I won’t say which, the governor said, you know, we’ve tested it. We clean out areas and we actually set the fire just to see. We lose almost nothing. We can put it out right away. And then we leave areas unmaintained, he said we’ll lose 100,000 acres before you even know it. You need forest management. It has to be. I’m not saying that in a negative way. I’m saying the facts. And I’ve really learned a lot.”
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm

The President of the United States of America.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 6679716864
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:54 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:25 pm

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:18 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:30 pm
Animavore wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:36 pm
Looks like a Trump-appointed judge ordered Acosta get his privileges.
temporarily, pending hearing the case on the merits.

Acosta's conduct would not be tolerated by any other President, and if it was a Fox reporter doing that shit to Obama, the Democrat media would have lined up right behind Obama. Fox News, in this case, joined CNN et al, because they are smart enough to know that the next President may be Democrat and eventually will be Democrat, and they now have a precedent that says they can fuck with the Democrat President.

Acosta may have one that little battle. But he can't ultimately win this. Wait...
How soon the partisans forget events that don't fit their blinkered view of the world.
White House Targeted Fox News

The Obama administration made a deliberate effort to exclude Fox News from a press pool during the height of its war with the network, newly released documents show.

At the time, in the fall of 2009, the administration dismissed the matter as simply a mistake. “There was no plot to exclude Fox News, and they had the same interview that their competitors did. Much ado about absolutely nothing,” the Treasury Department said in a statement. But internal e-mails obtained by the watchdog group Judicial Watch show that the attempted exclusion from an interview with federal pay czar Ken Feinberg was part of a deliberate strategy. The attempt failed when the other networks refused to go along unless Fox was included.
So much for "the Democrat media would have lined up right behind Obama." :coffee:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:52 pm

The Deep State insists on having its say.

'"You threaten the Constitution": Adm. McRaven replies directly to Trump’s smear of Navy SEALS'
President Donald Trump lashed out at retired Navy Admiral William H. McRaven as a “Hillary Clinton fan” during a Fox News interview that aired on Sunday.

“It would be nice if we got Osama bin Laden a lot sooner,” Trump complained.

McRaven, a former Navy SEAL who lead the successful hunt to kill Osama bin Laden, replied to Trump in a statement he sent to CNN on Sunday.

“I did not back Hillary Clinton or anyone else,” he fact-checked. “I am a fan of President Obama and President George W. Bush, both of whom I worked for.”

“I admire all presidents, regardless of their political party, who uphold the dignity of the office and who use that office to bring the nation together in challenging times,” he continued.

“I stand by my comment that the president’s attack on the media is the greatest threat to our democracy in my lifetime,” he added. “When you undermine the people’s right to free press and freedom of speech and expression, then you threaten the Constitution and all for which it stands.”
He publicly asked Trump this past August to revoke his security clearance. It would be nice if Trump had done that a lot sooner.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:07 am

Must punish Puerto Rico! Caravan to Florida!
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/tru ... d_nn_fb_ma

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:10 am

Joe wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:18 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:30 pm
Animavore wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:36 pm
Looks like a Trump-appointed judge ordered Acosta get his privileges.
temporarily, pending hearing the case on the merits.

Acosta's conduct would not be tolerated by any other President, and if it was a Fox reporter doing that shit to Obama, the Democrat media would have lined up right behind Obama. Fox News, in this case, joined CNN et al, because they are smart enough to know that the next President may be Democrat and eventually will be Democrat, and they now have a precedent that says they can fuck with the Democrat President.

Acosta may have one that little battle. But he can't ultimately win this. Wait...
How soon the partisans forget events that don't fit their blinkered view of the world.
White House Targeted Fox News

The Obama administration made a deliberate effort to exclude Fox News from a press pool during the height of its war with the network, newly released documents show.

At the time, in the fall of 2009, the administration dismissed the matter as simply a mistake. “There was no plot to exclude Fox News, and they had the same interview that their competitors did. Much ado about absolutely nothing,” the Treasury Department said in a statement. But internal e-mails obtained by the watchdog group Judicial Watch show that the attempted exclusion from an interview with federal pay czar Ken Feinberg was part of a deliberate strategy. The attempt failed when the other networks refused to go along unless Fox was included.
So much for "the Democrat media would have lined up right behind Obama." :coffee:
Once again Coito Two lets his ideology trump facts, but never fear; instead of acknowledging that he was plain wrong, he'll weasel out of doing so. I anticipate something along the lines of "That was then. This is now.".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:16 am

It'll be the same kind of wiggling he attempted to get out of his claim that we didn't criticise Obama when he was in.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:53 am

That's always fun to watch.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:03 am

Obama total failure with Bin Laden!
WASHINGTON — Fox News host Chris Wallace went after President Donald Trump for his attacks on the news media in an interview that aired Sunday, telling the president he is “seen around the world as a beacon for repression” because of his rhetoric.
The "Fox News Sunday" host told Trump that while other presidents expressed frustration with the news media, none had gone as far as Trump, who called them "the enemy of the American people."

"Barack Obama whined about Fox News all the time but he never said we were the enemy of the people," Wallace said.

Trump said "nobody believes in the First Amendment more than I do" and attempted to clarify that he did not believe all media is the "enemy," but only outlets which he considers "fake news."

"But a lot of times, sir, it’s just news you don’t like," Wallace replied. And he told the president that "leaders in authoritarian countries like Russia, China, Venezuela, now repress the media using your words."

"I can’t talk for other people, I can only talk for me," Trump replied.

"But you’re seen around the world as a beacon for repression," Wallace said.

Trump again tried to explain that his attacks on the media were only aimed at coverage he says is false and unfair.

Wallace told Trump that the president doesn't "get to decide what’s fair and what’s not."

"I can tell what’s fair and not and so can my people and so can a lot of other people," Trump replied.

Wallace said he is on record as saying that he thinks some news coverage of Trump is biased. But he refused to accept Trump's distinction between "fake news" and the media as a whole, even as Trump explained to Wallace, "I’m not calling you that."

"We’re all together," Wallace told the president, explaining it didn't matter if he was referring to CNN, The New York Times or Fox News. "We’re in solidarity, sir."

Fox News joined other media outlets in filing briefs in support of CNN's lawsuit demanding the return of correspondent Jim Acosta's White House credentials, which were revoked after a heated exchange with the president. A federal judge on Friday ordered Acosta's credentials be returned.

"It’s fine, I mean it’s not a big deal," Trump said of the judge's ruling. He said his administration is now creating a clear list of rules for reporters to follow during White House news conferences.

At one point in the interview, Wallace asked Trump about the criticism from retired Navy Admiral William McRaven – a former SEAL who led the operations that hunted down Saddam Hussein and killed Osama bin Laden – who has called Trump's attacks on the press "perhaps the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime."

Trump dismissed McRaven as a "Hillary Clinton fan" and an "Obama-backer," and implied bin Laden should have been caught sooner.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 047428002/

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:16 am

Must say I'm surprised at Fox's show of solidarity.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:35 am

McRaven replied to trumps comments

"I did not back Hillary Clinton or anyone else. I am a fan of President Obama and President George W. Bush, both of whom I worked for. I admire all presidents, regardless of their political party, who uphold the dignity of the office and who use that office to bring the nation together in challenging times. I stand by my comment that the President's attack on the media is the greatest threat to our democracy in my lifetime. When you undermine the people's right to a free press and freedom of speech and expression, then you threaten the Constitution and all for which it stands."

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:37 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:16 am
Must say I'm surprised at Fox's show of solidarity.
It’s all the same to Fox who is president. They make just as much money covering a Democrat.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:59 am

Continuing standard practice in the 'only the best people' administration. I'm sure this former energy company lobbyist will accomplish great things in relieving the terrible terrible burdens of environmental regulation on the corporations of the US as they strive to Make America Great Again™.

'Trump to nominate former coal lobbyist Andrew Wheeler as next EPA administrator'
President Trump said he plans to nominate Andrew Wheeler, acting head of the Environmental Protection Agency, to be the EPA's Senate-confirmed administrator.

Trump made the announcement Friday during a White House ceremony for Medal of Freedom recipients.

He said Wheeler “is going to be made permanent,” adding that “he’s done a fantastic job and I want to congratulate him.”

Wheeler became acting administrator in July, when then-EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigned amid numerous spending and ethics scandals. Wheeler at the time was the EPA’s deputy administrator, a Senate-confirmed position he assumed in April.

Before working for the government, Wheeler was a lobbyist and lawyer for energy companies such as coal mining giant Murray Energy Corp.

Wheeler has brought a quieter voice than Pruitt to the EPA and has avoided the nearly constant scandals that dogged Pruitt in his final six months in office, but he has still aggressively pursued a deregulatory agenda.

He has overseen some of the most consequential EPA actions on behalf of Trump, such as rolling out proposals to roll back or repeal limits on carbon dioxide pollution from power plants, car fuel efficiency standards and limits on methane pollution from oil and natural gas drillers.