Meanwhile, in Florida...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Meanwhile, in Florida...

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:25 am

I'm surprised that "woke" is considered positive by so many still, given how vilified it has been by the right (and the "left" like Bill Maher and Forty Two).
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:57 am

You're attempting to blot Forty Two's escutcheon, and I won't stand by and let it go. Anybody who regularly used terms like 'leftist scum' could hardly be classed in the same paleo-liberal (dammit in my day, we didn't ...) range as Bill Maher. Forty Two, who did some impressive tap-dancing for Trump, no. Unambiguously not left in any reasonable sense.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:13 am

But he told us he was left. We were just confused.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:13 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:13 am
Easily done. Maher is a Librul
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:15 am

pErvinalia wrote:
it'"s not difficult to pretend to be left when you're left of reagan or trump.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:Stopping the woke by suppressing history. That'll Make America Great Again, just you wait and see.

'Florida Says AP African American Studies Program "Lacks Educational Value"'
Florida has blocked the College Board from testing a pilot Advanced Placement African American Studies (APAAS) curriculum in the state under Governor Ron DeSantis’ “Stop WOKE” Act. According to a letter obtained by National Review, Florida’s Department of Education’s Office of Articulation said the curriculum “is inexplicably contrary to Florida law and significantly lacks educational value.”

The pilot course, which has been tested at 60 schools across the United States, aims to expand the advanced coursework offered by the College Board into the study of the African diaspora in the U.S. The course has run afoul of DeSantis’ widespread ban on teaching “critical race theory” (CRT) in K-12 classrooms. CRT is an analytical framework that seeks to dissect the manner in which racism has shaped American legal theory and institutions. The concept has been co-opted in recent years by right-wing reactionaries to fearmonger about any and all discussions of race and discrimination.

The “Stop Woke” act, signed into law by DeSantis in 2022, essentially prohibits instruction on race relations or diversity that imply a person’s “status as either privileged or oppressed is necessarily determined by his or her race, color, national origin, or sex.” The bill also bans both schools and workplaces from “subjecting any student or employee to training or instruction that espouses, promotes, advances, inculcates, or compels such individuals to believe specified concepts constitutes discrimination based on race, color, sex, or national origin.”

In November, U.S. District Judge Mark E. Walker issued a temporary injunction on a portion of the law that attempted to place similar restrictions on higher education. Despite several challenges to the law on grounds of First Amendment rights, Florida has continued to lead the charge against comprehensive education on the racial history of the U.S. Several other states have passed similar legislation, including Texas, Idaho, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Oklahoma.
Hmm. Your history is not our history, and our history is the only legitimate reading of history. Do we call this Noncritical Race Theory?

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:29 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 am
Hmm. Your history is not our history, and our history is the only legitimate reading of history. Do we call this Noncritical Race Theory?
Snowflake history. Pure, white, and un-sullied by unpleasant implications.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:16 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Yeah, he is/was consistent in that, or rather, he denied being conservative. So a faithful centrist, in his own estimation. Both sides have got more extreme, while the eminently sensible Coito continues to hold to True American Values. 'Moderate libertarian' is his self description. He'll drag up the 'Political Compass' and tell you he's 'near the center line' (division between right and left) but fail to mention whether on left or right of the line. In the next few sentences all too likely to carry on with a well-stated regurgitation of right wing talking points. :smoke:

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:47 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 am
Do we call this Noncritical Race Theory?
Neo Nazi
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:18 pm

For it to be neo nazi, it would have to have originated AFTER WWII, but we all know how southern blacks were treated before the civil rights movement, and even these days, there are people to give them trouble on skin color grounds

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:07 am

'In Iowa, DeSantis gets snowflake gift with "fascist" hidden on it'
In Iowa on Friday to promote his new book, Gov. Ron DeSantis posed with a gift from a supposed supporter.

The gift, a framed cutout of an intricate snowflake, features the word “fascist.” Steven Goffman, whose profile says that he works for the Washington Post, tweeted that Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds, also a Republican, posed with a copy of the gift, too.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:08 am

lol :D
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:47 am

Florida, the freedom-loving free speech haven. Keeping children safe from the horrible people who don't wear the proper clothing.

'Another drag show showdown: Florida targets prominent Miami hotel’s liquor license'
Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration is seeking to revoke the Hyatt Regency Miami’s liquor license because one of its facilities hosted a Christmas-themed drag queen show in which the state claimed minors were present.

The event — “A Drag Queen Christmas” — was held on Dec. 27 at the James L. Knight Center, a 4,500-seat auditorium affiliated with the hotel that typically hosts concerts, graduation ceremonies and other events. The December show was hosted by Nina West, a star from the reality show “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” and minors were required to be accompanied by an adult to attend.

In a 17-page administrative complaint, state regulators said the venue’s admission policies allowed minors to attend the event and as a result, they were exposed to performers who were “wearing sexually suggestive clothing and prosthetic female genitalia.”

“The nature of the show’s performances, particularly when conducted in the presence of young children, corrupts the public morals and outrages the sense of public decency,” according to the complaint, filed by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:38 am

but gun shows are fine :roll:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:43 am

Drag queens impersonate womin, guns are phallic symbols... the patriarchy is still going strong.