Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Ireland is a country that just voted to amend its constitution to permit the parliament to allow abortion. LOL. You had a constitutional provision telling the Parliament they could not legalize it. Now, they CAN legalize it (or to some extent), but they don't have to, and it remains illegal until the parliament passes a law to allow it. There is no "right to abortion" in Ireland at all.

I'm sure they'll pass a very reasonable abortion law soon, which will allow women to get abortions when there is a medical need, or before a certain number of weeks (like 16 or 20), or with two or more doctors certifying the necessity of the procedure - things like that. You know, what reasonable, prochoice countries in Europe do, but which are misogynist and hateful if suggested in the US (where anything but complete, unfettered access to abortion on demand is "men telling women what to do with their bodies...").
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Animavore wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:02 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:38 pm
Ah, the INB. Very much on the "Where are they now?" list.
Illinois National Bank? :dunno:
There are not racists, bigots or haters in Ireland. Just like there are no gay people in Iran and Saudi Arabia.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:11 pm
Seabass wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:04 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:59 pm
Trump is right on this
Yes, Coito. Yes, of course he is. :console:

Now take your medication and go back to bed. :ddpan:
Great argument.
It wasn't an argument. I don't argue with Galaxian or Superuniverse either. Arguing with you is a waste of time and effort for the same reason that arguing with a flat-earther or Scientologist is a waste of time and effort.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:46 pm

So you don't believe in engaging a person based on the strength of their argument, but move to dismiss it based upon your suppositions about their soundness of mind?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:38 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:11 pm
Seabass wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:04 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:59 pm
Trump is right on this
Yes, Coito. Yes, of course he is. :console:

Now take your medication and go back to bed. :ddpan:
Great argument.
It wasn't an argument. I don't argue with Galaxian or Superuniverse either. Arguing with you is a waste of time and effort for the same reason that arguing with a flat-earther or Scientologist is a waste of time and effort.
In this instance, you're the flat-earther.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Śiva wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:46 pm
So you don't believe in engaging a person based on the strength of their argument, but move to dismiss it based upon your suppositions about their soundness of mind?
I've neither the time nor the inclination to convince a flat-earther that the earth is actually an oblate spheroid. If you do, that's great.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Funny, you seem to have no shortage of time in which to post meaningless garbage.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:10 pm
Funny, you seem to have no shortage of time in which to post meaningless garbage.
Oh snap!

Seabass postcount: 3022
Forty Two: 11982
Coito ergo sum: 32040

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:24 pm

I'm surprised you had time to look that up.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:08 pm
Less than 1%? That's an understatement. FEMA's budget is about $14 billion, with a "b" - so 10 million is about 0.07% of the FEMA budget. Not merely "less than 1%." They took a whopping 7% of that 1% of the fema budget. The Department of Homeland Security has the authority to move a limited amount of money around within its budget.
What I've found is that the news sources reporting on this refer to FEMA's overall operating budget. I see Wikipedia has the same number you've given, and the source which details the basis of the number shows that a large portion of it is devoted to various disaster relief funds.
The transfer documents specifically say the money didn't come from disaster relief — it came from FEMA's budgets for "training, travel, public engagement, IT security support and infrastructure maintenance."

source
Budget documents show the transfer of $9,755,303 from FEMA to ICE. That represents just under 1% of the agency’s overall budget. Money was also transferred to ICE from the U.S. Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration.

source
FEMA's budget originally was $1.03 billion, and the amount transferred was about $9.755 million.

source
The point is that this administration is taking money from agencies specifically devoted to helping the public in order to fund its pet law enforcement agency.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Śiva wrote:
History has shown the strength of his arguments are almost always weak and flawed.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:12 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:18 pm
Śiva wrote:
History has shown the strength of his arguments are almost always weak and flawed.
And he wants desperately to suck Trump's tiny cock. Don't forget that. It surely clouds his judgement.
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:23 am

I don't think that's right tatt - the prez has actually boasted about the size of his dong... so Yuge... his sausage is so mighty he has to use a dozen towels after a showers... enough rod to make a handrail from here to Salam... more pork than that Kenyan-Muslim Obama, and probably more than Hillary too...
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 am

Seabass wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:20 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:10 pm
Oh snap!

Seabass postcount: 3022
Forty Two: 11982
Coito ergo sum: 32040
:hehe:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:04 pm

President Scumbag shows, yet ag again, why he's unfit to be considered a member of the human race, let alone a president.
Washington (CNN)Nearly 3,000 people died in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico. President Donald Trump denied this reality as a hurricane barrels toward the Carolinas.

"3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000," he said in a tweet Thursday morning as Carolinians prepared to be pummeled by Hurricane Florence.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/13/poli ... index.html
Trump has consistently denied any fault for his administration in the aftermath of the storm. In fact, the President has instead sought praise for his handling of Hurricane Maria, saying earlier this week that it was "an incredible, unsung success."
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.