Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Post by Seabass » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:06 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:13 pm
The US seems to be heading in the Russian direction in more ways than one. They're oligarchs in all but name...
Coito Two will be along shortly to explain how equating this to oligarchy is "absurd, hyperbolic lunacy... that evidences the reality of Trump Derangement Syndrom."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:40 am

It's pretty telling that after the last month or so of particularly extreme Trump behaviour that Coity Two is reverting to the Tyrannical-esque "Trump Derangement Syndrome" as his primary defence of the man.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:02 am

Trump lap dog Nunes attempted to organize events to protect Trump by whatever means, impeaching Rosenstein, grabbing supreme court and all
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ld-n899031
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:10 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Trump’s Tax Cut Hasn’t Done Anything for Workers

A few months ago, I cautioned that Americans should be patient before deciding what effect President Donald Trump’s tax cuts have had on the economy. It takes a while for companies to make investment decisions, more time for those decisions to be implemented and even more time for the resulting changes in labor demand to bid up workers’ wages. It therefore takes months or even years before the full impact of the tax bill will be known.

But it’s also important to evaluate policies like Trump’s tax reform as quickly as possible. Not only is this critical for deciding whether to change course, but as more time goes on, the effects of a policy can become harder to assess. Two years from now, plenty of other things will have had time to affect the economy, including Trump’s trade war and natural economic forces. And now that the tax cut has been in effect for a half-year, the results are starting to trickle in.

First, the tax reform hasn’t yet resulted in appreciably higher wages for American workers. Real average hourly compensation actually fell in the first quarter after the tax reform was passed:
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... or-workers

Oh wait! You didn't think that...?

:hilarious:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:17 am

Trump’s Response To Natural Disasters Is A Window Into His Barren Soul
Tweet: California wildfires are being magnified & made so much worse by the bad environmental laws which aren’t allowing massive amounts of readily available water to be properly utilized. It is being diverted into the Pacific Ocean. Must also tree clear to stop fire from spreading!

What makes his claims so jarring is that he’s using an ongoing natural disaster as a cudgel against his perceived political enemies.

It appears Trump couldn’t care less about the lives tragically lost to the Carr Fire or the extremely dangerous Mendocino Complex wildfire, now the largest in California history. He seems unconcerned about firefighters risking everything to protect people and property.

And what of the California families who will lose everything to these fires, and the small businesses that might not make ends meet because tourists are staying away? To our commander in chief, they’re just collateral damage in some no-holds-barred, WWE-style political wrestling match with California Gov. Jerry Brown, Rep. Maxine Waters or any other California politician who might have the audacity to disagree with him.

This deeply cynical approach to governing is elemental to Trump’s personality and to the character of those people with whom he surrounds himself. Under the twisted logic of this worldview, the president and his administration needn’t worry about the underlying causes of any problem facing our society or our environment because it’s always someone else’s fault.

If California just diverted all of its water from rivers, doused the forests and worried less about those pesky salmon, then it wouldn’t be in this mess! It’s a view completely unmoored from reality (and, it appears, conflates the state’s mega-fires with a water diversion controversy in the Central Valley). This catastrophe wasn’t Trump’s doing, so surely he’s not responsible for solving this problem or soothing the pain of the people afflicted by it. After all, he’s only the president.
Trump Puerto Rico damage control:
Trump and his administration have made the unfortunate calculation that every natural disaster is an opportunity to score political points against the opposition. All the while fires burn across California and the West, we’re entering into another hurricane season. And there is not an iota of moral leadership from the White House.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/op ... 5c73dfbd61

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:19 pm

The art of no deal

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:44 pm

Is anymore evidence needed to prove he is actually bloody mad as a hatter.

Trump doubles steel and aluminium tariffs on Turkey amid row over detained US pastor
Donald Trump has announced a doubling of tariffs against Turkey, as relations between the two nations continue to sour following Ankara’s detention of an American pastor.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:34 pm

"Nigger, Flip, and Goo-goo." :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:34 pm
"Nigger, Flip, and Goo-goo." :tea:
Not illegal. Unreliable source. FAKE NEWS!™

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Julia Davis, who runs the Russian Media Monitor website, reports via Twitter that news show “60 Minutes” this week held a panel discussion about actions Russia should take to retaliate against the latest round of American sanctions.

Vitaly Tretyakov, the dean of the Moscow State University’s School of Television, argued that the Russian government should use whatever leverage it had over Trump to bend the president to its will.

“Let’s turn this into a headache for Trump,” he said, according to Davis’ translation. “If you want us to support you in the elections, do what we say.”

via RawStory

NO COLLUSION! :prof:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Goddamn leftist activist judges, blocking the beautiful progress in Making America Great Again™.

'Ninth Circuit Orders EPA to Ban Harmful Pesticide'
The Ninth Circuit blasted the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Thursday for failing to follow federal guidelines and ordered the agency to ban chlorpyrifos, a pesticide known have detrimental health impacts to children.

A three-judge panel vacated the EPA’s 2017 decision to delay ruling on whether to ban the pesticide, and ordered the agency to move forward with a ban within 60 days.

“There remains no justification for the EPA’s continued failure to respond to the pressing health concerns presented by chlorpyrifos,” U.S. District Judge Jed Rakoff, sitting by designation from the Southern District of New York, wrote in the 2-1 decision.

Rakoff noted the EPA did not attempt to argue the case on the merits, but instead resorted to technical arguments on whether the court has jurisdiction over the process in the agency’s consideration of the pesticide.

“The EPA presents no arguments in defense of its decision,” Rakoff wrote. “Accordingly, the EPA has forfeited any merits-based decision.”

Environmental organizations celebrated the ruling. Many have been working to get the EPA to ban the chemical for over a decade.

“The court ended EPA’s shameful actions that have exposed children and farmworkers to this poison for decades,” said Earthjustice attorney Marisa Ordonia. “Finally our fields, fruits, and vegetables will be chlorpyrifos free.”

Chlorpyrifos is a nerve agent pesticide, first used by the Nazis during World War II and later repurposed for agricultural use by Dow Chemical in 1965. It kills insects by suppressing the enzymes crucial for cell reproduction.

Recently, scientific studies have indicated exposure can lead to human health problems including neurological disorders and autoimmune diseases. Exposure can be particularly problematic for children, leading to developmental problems. The evidence of mental development problems in children who were exposed to the chemical in utero was so strong that the United States banned household use of the chemical.

However, regulations still allowed the chemical to be used commercially, and it’s still one of the most widely used insecticides in the nation.

In March 2017, in one of his first acts as EPA administrator, now-former EPA chief Scott Pruitt denied a petition to ban the chemical and said more study was required.
After the EPA's own scientists confirmed that the pesticide was harmful to children and farm workers, the Obama administration had begun the process of banning it. Pruitt reversed that decision.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:16 am

Giving kids cancer is exactly the kinda thing that'll #MAGA - literally weeding out the unlucky ones. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:17 am

Well if you get cancer you are obviously genetically weak. So it's just natural selection.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.