Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Post by Tero » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:20 pm

Trump 2020 money going to Trump
https://www.wired.com/story/trump-2020-campaign-money/
According to the Trump campaign's self-reported FEC filings, this has amounted to about $600,000 spent at Trump-owned properties in just the first six months of his presidency.

Nearly $400,000 of that campaign money went to rent at Trump Tower, with $90,000 going to the The Trump Corporation for "legal consulting," nearly $60,000 to the Trump International Golf Club, $15,000 to the Trump International Hotel in DC, and about $1,700 to Trump-brand bottled water, among various payments. And that's just the money that went to businesses in which Trump has a personal role. The Trump campaign has spent a total of $10 million in the last six months; any shell companies and subsidiaries of other Trump-owned businesses that may have gotten a piece of that don't have to be disclosed.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:39 pm

I dunno about other companies, but most French ones have announced they were leaving, in spite of a European legislation to protect them from Frumpish sanctions.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Trump star to be removed. That was easy. He hates California.
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1026817761773797376

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Or not: “Once a star has been added to the walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame,” Leron Gubler, then president and chief executive of the chamber, said in 2015 during efforts to remove Cosby’s marker, the Los Angeles Times reported. “Because of this, we have never removed a star from the walk.”

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:21 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:39 pm
I dunno about other companies, but most French ones have announced they were leaving, in spite of a European legislation to protect them from Frumpish sanctions.
No surprise. France has a tradition of retreating and surrendering. At the start of WWII its tanks were - apart from lacking two-way radios - vastly superior to those of the Krauts. One of its superior features was the six-speed gearbox - one for forward, five for reverse.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:59 pm

fuck off Max
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:03 pm

I wouldn't say that the French tanks were superior to what the Nazis as much as I would suggest that the French army and the Nazi army had very different doctrines when it came to the usage of tanks in warfare. I would say that the Nazi doctrine proved to be quite effective in the early part of the war at least.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:23 pm

I think it was actually developed by the Brits. They however were late to adopt their findings...at least that bit of irony seems familiar. It has been a long time since I've read anything about it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:08 am

Robert Reich gets it right here. Anyone who thinks Trump getting elected was solely about racism/bigotry is wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/RBReich/videos ... 080110244/
Last edited by pErvinalia on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:13 am

Nasty man Trump

Immigration advocates expressed outrage Tuesday amid reports the Trump administration plans to make it all but impossible for legal immigrants to become citizens or permanent residents if they have ever relied on government programs such as the Affordable Care Act.

The proposal is part of White House adviser Stephen Miller’s broader plan to reduce the number of immigrants who obtain legal status, multiple people familiar with the matter told NBC News.
The policies could amount to the most drastic reform to the nation’s immigration system in decades; experts estimate that as many as 20 million immigrants could be affected.

“We’ve seen abuses like this before in our history — whether it was turning away Jews fleeing the Holocaust or discriminating against Irish Catholics,” the National Immigration Law Center said in a statement. “History cannot repeat itself. We can’t allow it.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... utType=amp

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:27 am

And you think Trump does not want to be Dictator Trump?

New Poll: 43% of Republicans Want to Give Trump the Power to Shut Down Media
The “enemy of the people” talk is working. A plurality of self-identified Republicans say they want Trump to have the power to take “bad” media outlets out.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:30 am

Is this not a Rep safe seat?

Ohio special election: Donald Trump narrowly escapes humiliation as Republicans claim victory in race officials say too close to call
Contest seen as referendum on president

Republican Troy Balderson has claimed victory in the Ohio special election, before the race was officially called but where he held a narrow lead over Democrat Danny O’Connor.

With all the precincts in, but with some votes still to be a collated, Mr Balderson held a 50.3 – 49.3 lead over his Democratic rival. While this was not enough for election officials and the US media to call the race, Mr Balderson spoke to supporters and thanked them for what he said was a victory.

“I’d like to thank President Trump, Mr President coming to town,” he said.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Normally rather tame USA today, a sort of popular paper delivered to motel rooms in the better chains:
The Rust Belt is done with Donald Trump's gold-plated populism
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 926926002/

I read it on the phone, it will complain f any ad blocker

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:35 pm

WTF?
The Shadow Rulers of the VA
How Marvel Entertainment chairman Ike Perlmutter and two other Mar-a-Lago cronies are secretly shaping the Trump administration’s veterans policies.
https://www.propublica.org/article/ike- ... -of-the-va

Last February, shortly after Peter O’Rourke became chief of staff for the Department of Veterans Affairs, he received an email from Bruce Moskowitz with his input on a new mental health initiative for the VA. “Received,” O’Rourke replied. “I will begin a project plan and develop a timeline for action.”

O’Rourke treated the email as an order, but Moskowitz is not his boss. In fact, he is not even a government official. Moskowitz is a Palm Beach doctor who helps wealthy people obtain high-service “concierge” medical care.

More to the point, he is one-third of an informal council that is exerting sweeping influence on the VA from Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s private club in Palm Beach, Florida. The troika is led by Ike Perlmutter, the reclusive chairman of Marvel Entertainment, who is a longtime acquaintance of President Trump’s. The third member is a lawyer named Marc Sherman. None of them has ever served in the U.S. military or government.

Yet from a thousand miles away, they have leaned on VA officials and steered policies affecting millions of Americans. They have remained hidden except to a few VA insiders, who have come to call them “the Mar-a-Lago Crowd.”

Perlmutter, Moskowitz and Sherman declined to be interviewed and fielded questions through a crisis-communications consultant. In a statement, they downplayed their influence, insisting that nobody is obligated to act on their counsel. “At all times, we offered our help and advice on a voluntary basis, seeking nothing at all in return,” they said. “While we were always willing to share our thoughts, we did not make or implement any type of policy, possess any authority over agency decisions, or direct government officials to take any actions… To the extent anyone thought our role was anything other than that, we don’t believe it was the result of anything we said or did.”

VA spokesman Curt Cashour did not answer specific questions but said a “broad range of input from individuals both inside and outside VA has helped us immensely over the last year and a half.” White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters also did not answer specific questions and said Perlmutter, Sherman and Moskowitz “have no direct influence over the Department of Veterans Affairs.”

But hundreds of documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act and interviews with former administration officials tell a different story — of a previously unknown triumvirate that hovered over public servants without any transparency, accountability or oversight. The Mar-a-Lago Crowd spoke with VA officials daily, the documents show, reviewing all manner of policy and personnel decisions. They prodded the VA to start new programs, and officials travelled to Mar-a-Lago at taxpayer expense to hear their views. “Everyone has to go down and kiss the ring,” a former administration official said.

If the bureaucracy resists the trio’s wishes, Perlmutter has a powerful ally: The President of the United States. Trump and Perlmutter regularly talk on the phone and dine together when the president visits Mar-a-Lago. “On any veterans issue, the first person the president calls is Ike,” another former official said. Former administration officials say that VA leaders who were at odds with the Mar-A-Lago Crowd were pushed out or passed over. Included, those officials say, were the secretary (whose ethical lapses also played a role), deputy secretary, chief of staff, acting under secretary for health, deputy under secretary for health, chief information officer, and the director of electronic health records modernization.

At times, Perlmutter, Moskowitz and Sherman have created headaches for VA officials because of their failure to follow government rules and processes. In other cases, they used their influence in ways that could benefit their private interests. They say they never sought or received any financial gain for their advice to the VA.

The arrangement is without parallel in modern presidential history. The Federal Advisory Committee Act of 1972 provides a mechanism for agencies to consult panels of outside advisers, but such committees are subject to cost controls, public disclosure and government oversight. Other presidents have relied on unofficial “kitchen cabinets,” but never before have outside advisers been so specifically assigned to one agency. During the transition, Trump handed out advisory roles to several rich associates, but they’ve all since faded away. The Mar-a-Lago Crowd, however, has deepened its involvement in the VA.

full article:
https://www.propublica.org/article/ike- ... -of-the-va
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:13 pm

The US seems to be heading in the Russian direction in more ways than one. They're oligarchs in all but name...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!