British News (Non Trump for a change)

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: British News (Non Trump for a change)

Post by Rum » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Coming to our country without being invited? What do they fucking expect? To be treated like Mexicans?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Come to Houston Rum, I'd love to shatter your illusion of our treatment of Mexicans attempting to immigrate here. --hint, they succeed

They still face many hurdles when they get here, but the idea that they can't get in or aren't welcome by many of us is fucking embarrassing for those making the claim, especially those in white ass Europe, Christ.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Indeed, Sean Hayden. You are correct.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:33 am

So 42 is more outraged that the US is apparently unjustly being attacked than the fact that kids are being locked up in cement cages with a space blanket for company. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:26 am

Cant any thread keep away from Trump. BRITISH NEWS. This is of course 42 again.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:06 am

Staff in cash-strapped schools pay for food, toilet roll and tampons for pupils amid cuts, survey finds
These horrifying stories show the desperate situation facing so many of our schools'

More than half of school staff feel they have to dip into their own pockets for basic essentials – including food, tampons and clothes for vulnerable children – as school funding cuts bite.

Teaching assistants and support staff in cash-strapped schools are buying toilet roll and first aid necessities, as well as pens, pencils and books, for their pupils, a survey from GMB union claims.

The poll, of more than 4,600 school staff, reveals that 78 per cent say their school has been forced to make significant financial cutbacks – which has reduced the number of resources on offer.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:06 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:04 am
Seabass wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:16 pm
JimC wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:05 pm
To me, it would only be excessive if you were having a shower more than once a day...
It can get up to 110F/43C where I live. When it's that hot, I'll shower twice. I'm quick about it though, so I don't waste water.
You are destroying your natural defences. Clean sweat does not smell.
I don't shower because I need to. You can go a hell of a long time without a shower or bath, without smelling in any way off-putting. Well, I can anyway. My feet NEVER smell, unless I go without socks. Under arms is almost as good. What WOULD make me stink is putting on a shirt that's been worn, and then put somewhere and not washed, and then put on again. The elapsed time seems to make a difference, even if the shirt was only worn briefly. Probably bacteria doing their thing in the interval.

I only shower because I like it. I like the feeling for some reason. Clothes seem to move more freely when you've had a shower. The hygiene argument is bollocks. I've never heard of any kind of sickness being brought on by lack of bathing. It doesn't prevent the usual health problems like nits or scabies or blah blah blah. Dandruff maybe, if you include medicated shampoo in the shower.

But the bottom line is that none of our ancestors showered, but they all survived despite living in shit, eating rotten food, and eating shit and being covered in flies as children. For millions of years.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 pm

Yeah, and they all died at a ripe old age - in their 30s.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:39 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 pm
Yeah, and they all died at a ripe old age - in their 30s.
That's a mis-reading of statistics. It's infant mortality that drags down human life expectation figures in primitive societies. That, and death in childbirth.
There's no evidence to show that high numbers died in their 30s, even though they lived in much more dangerous times. I suppose predators took some sort of toll, as well as rival clans, so it would have been higher than today. But it's not likely that it was lack of showering that did it.

Life expectancy for chimpanzees is 40 to 50 years in the wild, as it happens. And humans are longer lived, if they survive to age ten.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:32 am

I shower when assailed by the unmistakable odor of Old Man Balls when I sit down on the shitter. Or when Mrs. Lak tells me to. Happy wife, happy life, as I always say.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:41 am

I tend to neglect shaving more than showering. From the standpoint of what it must do to others compared to not showering, I'd say that in my case it's likely far worse for others that I don't shave, than that I miss a few showers.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:43 am

It's just occurred to me that could either be talking about my legs, or my face...

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:44 am

:hehe:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:48 am

I still body shave although the area reached these days is not quite 100%. Always have but have never had much to shave. Just like the clean feeling. In the sauna I dry dry brush using a long haired round brush which really gets the muck out.

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:22 am

I still think it's the automatic washing machine that's had the really big effect on how people smell.

If you change into clean clothes regularly, and there's nothing wrong with you, you can go ages without getting whiffy, if you want to.
I remember years ago, there was a guy that worked with us on the building site of the M5 motorway, in the test labs.
He could stink out a complete building. You often smelt him long before you saw him. It was the foulest smell I've ever come across from a human being.
To be in a Land Rover with him was genuinely sickening, almost unbearable.
He had one leg missing, and we all guessed that it was something to do with that, so nobody ever complained to him. He was about forty, and he still managed to get girlfriends. They must have had no sense of smell whatsoever.