US Election 2020

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Tero » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:45 am

Donald Trump's entire presidency has been a gift to Putin, but this is beyond the pale. It’s a betrayal of the most sacred duty we bear as a nation, to protect and equip our troops when we send them into harm’s way.
from Joe Biden tweet
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1277318851160506369
going to NYT link:
The United States concluded months ago that the Russian intelligence unit, which has been linked to assassination attempts and other covert operations in Europe intended to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year.

In response to the intelligence assessment, senior administration aides developed an array of potential options — starting with making a diplomatic complaint to Moscow and a demand that it stop, along with an escalating series of sanctions and other more aggressive possible responses, according to officials familiar with internal deliberations.

But the White House has yet to decide on taking any step, the officials said in recent days.

Islamist militants, or armed criminal elements closely associated with them, are believed to have collected some bounty money, the officials said. Twenty Americans were killed in combat in Afghanistan in 2019, but it was not clear which killings were under suspicion.

The officials familiar with the intelligence did not explain the White House’s delay in deciding how to respond to the intelligence about Russia.
Last edited by Tero on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:46 am

Donald Trump knows more than the military generals. More than just about everyone. People always say.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:23 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:26 pm
NineBerry wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:05 pm
When you register for mail-in voting over here, the package to vote is sent to the address that you already registered with. So, it will always go to your registered home address.
Geez...sounds like a 'voter-ID' is in use...isn't that called racism in the US?
There's a difference between requiring special activities in order to be allowed to vote (perform an extra registration step with a document that you may first have to get in the first place) and a system where every citizen is registered with the authorities in the first place. In Countries like the Netherlands or Germany, you don't need to register in order to be allowed to vote because there already is a citizen registry that automatically provides information on who is legible to vote.

Obviously, having mail-in voting requires some form of registration and some form of providing authentication during that process. I see that as given.
Cunt wrote:
As to 'it's not possible', one scenario that is VERY possible, is for a postal worker to lose a bunch of votes from a district.
Voting commissions observe statistics and could most likely see a notable deviation in one district. You can also check the voting registry after the election and would be able to see that your vote was not counted.
Cunt wrote:
The US traditionally gets their votes counted in a day. This sounds like it might take a lot longer.
No, it doesn't. Polling stations close at 6pm. We were usually done counting at 9pm latest, usually earlier. When counting mail-in votes, we started at 10am to open the envelopes and check the eligibility of the votes. Eligible ballots are then put into a separate box. There again these boxes are then opened at 6pm and the votes counted which would usually be finished until 9pm.
Cunt wrote:
One possible problem with Mail-in voting is that it could be used to sell your vote or be used by someone else into pressuring what vote you cast. This problem is also addressed in the system over here. You can register for mail-in voting multiple times and in this case only the last voting package you receive actually counts, the previous ones become invalid.
There is LOTS of abuse of people, and there are few places for the abused to really be honest. A voting booth, protected from prying eyes, is a good one. Sitting down at a kitchen table, with your boss telling you what box to check, might be a bit less 'free'.
As I said: If your boss or husband or dog forced you to fill out the ballot a certain way and send the letter, you can get a new one secretly and the previous one will not be counted.
Cunt wrote:
I was offered liquor for a vote, years ago. If we had been in possession of mail-in ballots in that case, I have no doubt that the guy would have wanted to see me fill it out and seal it before giving me the bribe. Small experience I know, but with mail-in ballots, there are CLEARLY more opportunities for fraud, so saying there aren't is a red flag to anyone thinking slightly critically about it.
Someone selling their own vote or someone being pressured into a certain vote by their environment is not actually fraud, though. It doesn't create a lot of additional votes out of the blue. It just influences how individual people vote. It's not going to really influence the outcome of the election unless it happens on a large scale which would not go unnoticed.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 am

One possible problem with Mail-in voting is that it could be used to sell your vote or be used by someone else into pressuring what vote you cast. This problem is also addressed in the system over here. You can register for mail-in voting multiple times and in this case only the last voting package you receive actually counts, the previous ones become invalid.
There is LOTS of abuse of people, and there are few places for the abused to really be honest. A voting booth, protected from prying eyes, is a good one. Sitting down at a kitchen table, with your boss telling you what box to check, might be a bit less 'free'.
As I said: If your boss or husband or dog forced you to fill out the ballot a certain way and send the letter, you can get a new one secretly and the previous one will not be counted.
That's a really good feature.
Last edited by pErvinalia on Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:28 am

Ah fucken tags. I'm replying to NB there.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:17 pm

Spoken like someone who has never had their boss able to ruin their lives.

Fraud happens. That everything addressing fraud suggests how rare it is, only reinforces the fact that Russian interference in the last couple US elections was minor and statistically insignificant.

I guess the prevalence of fraud in an election really depends on which perspective one is trying to push.

So the Dems push mail-in, push against voter ID, push for sanctuary cities...it almost seems like they don't worry AT ALL about election interference.

Except if a Republican beats them.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:17 pm
That everything addressing fraud suggests how rare it is, only reinforces the fact that Russian interference in the last couple US elections was minor and statistically insignificant.
No. The absence of significant fraud has no relation whatsoever to the question whether a foreign power influencing public opinion can have an effect.

I personally don't have a problem with foreign powers trying to influence public opinion. Every state does it. If the population is gullible enough to fall for it, that's their problem.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Cunt wrote:
Spoken like someone who still doesn't get what NineBerry is telling him.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:30 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:14 pm
Cunt wrote:
Spoken like someone who still doesn't get what NineBerry is telling him.
I get it. He's trying to say that fraud can't happen in the beautiful life he is living.

Fair enough, but the fraud we were speculating about was in another country with exploitation and fuckery.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:59 am

Lol, Biden and Trump in a Cognitive Shoot Out. I'll take elementary math for $200, Alex.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... nst-trumps

“I’ve been tested, I’m constantly tested,” Biden said in response to a question from Fox News’ Doug McKelway. “Look, all you’ve got to do is watch me and I can hardly wait to compare my cognitive capability to the cognitive capability of the man I’m running against.”

This is what the Grand American Experiment is reduced to.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:43 am

It's like being asked to choose between loosing your legs or loosing your eyes.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:51 am

That's pretty loose thinking, Brian.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:54 am

:doh: Oo oo oo. I wanna be like you-oo-oo. :oops:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Now, everything you've ever said is suspeck.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:48 pm

NYT

By Thomas L. Friedman
Opinion Columnist

As I think about what kind of president Biden wants to be and what kind of president America needs him to be, the slogan that comes to mind was suggested to me by the environmental innovator Hal Harvey. Harvey didn’t know he was suggesting it; he just happened to sign off a recent email to me by writing: “Respect science, respect nature, respect each other.”
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...