US Election 2020

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: US Election 2020

Post by laklak » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:27 am

Tero wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:25 am
There are now cracks in Trump support. They will use Trump to try to regain senate in 2022 but then all will fall apart.
It's planned that way. They have to have 2022, so they need the MAGAoids. But they know The Donald The Candidate is electoral death in 2024, too many independents don't like him. A lot of Anyone But Trumps can be counted on for the House and Senate races, but not in 24 if Donny Boy runs. Gotta clear the decks for DeSantis.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:14 pm

JimC wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:18 pm
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:29 pm
Greasy fascist/fascist cheerleader Steve Bannon has obliged the January 6 inquiry committee by ignoring a subpoena from them. They've taken the first step toward holding him to account.
Mr. Bannon has declined to cooperate with the Select Committee ...
Svartalf wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:38 pm
Man, that guy got a martyr syndrome?
Being defiant may well bring him great kudos with the Trumpists. Whether he carries through may depend on the possible penalties...
I don't think it's genuine martyr syndrome so much as an attempt to advance the cause. He may believe himself to be well-protected, and indeed he previously got a nice pardon from the bloated narcissist. If his plans come to fruition he won't be paying much in the way of penalties.

'The confrontation over Jan. 6: Conservatives seek martyrdom'
[W]hat's in it for [Bannon] --- or Trump, for that matter --- to defy the subpoena? Why not just go in there and admit everything and dare them to bring charges against him. There's very little chance they would. What would they be for? Sedition?

As I wrote earlier, Bannon is planning Insurrection 2.0 and people are listening. He's talking about preparing "shock troops" to take over the executive branch when Trump is restored to the presidency and his "precinct strategy" to get Trump followers to take over local administration of elections and storm school boards has been taken up by thousands of MAGA true believers. As he told his listeners last May, "It's going to be a fight, but this is a fight that must be won, we don't have an option. We're going to take this back village by village … precinct by precinct."

It's impossible to know whether Trump and Bannon are strategizing together, but it's clear that they have the same goal. They are turning January 6th into a rallying cry for more insurrection. Both Bannon and Trump have spoken of the people indicted for their crimes in the insurrection as "political prisoners" and I suspect Bannon would like nothing more than to turn his criminal contempt citation into a revolutionary cause for the MAGA faithful.

I don't know if they allow prisoners to podcast from their jail cells but Bannon wouldn't be the first to spend his time behind bars working on a manifesto. And Trump can wave the bloody shirt of January 6th to keep the Big Lie alive for his run in 2024. It's going to be quite a show.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:44 am

Millenarianism. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:52 am

a thousand years of trump? kill me now.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:13 am

Watched the BBC docu last night called "Four hours on Capitol Hill". Man those idiots were so bloody stupid it was just unbelievable. I have experienced in my life thick headed idiots but they took the bucket of thickness. Some could hardly make a sentence and spoke only in one syllable words which were mostly "fuck" and "shit" when interviewed.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:52 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:14 pm
JimC wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:18 pm
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:29 pm
Greasy fascist/fascist cheerleader Steve Bannon has obliged the January 6 inquiry committee by ignoring a subpoena from them. They've taken the first step toward holding him to account.
Mr. Bannon has declined to cooperate with the Select Committee ...
Svartalf wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:38 pm
Man, that guy got a martyr syndrome?
Being defiant may well bring him great kudos with the Trumpists. Whether he carries through may depend on the possible penalties...
I don't think it's genuine martyr syndrome so much as an attempt to advance the cause. He may believe himself to be well-protected, and indeed he previously got a nice pardon from the bloated narcissist. If his plans come to fruition he won't be paying much in the way of penalties.

'The confrontation over Jan. 6: Conservatives seek martyrdom'
[W]hat's in it for [Bannon] --- or Trump, for that matter --- to defy the subpoena? Why not just go in there and admit everything and dare them to bring charges against him. There's very little chance they would. What would they be for? Sedition?

As I wrote earlier, Bannon is planning Insurrection 2.0 and people are listening. He's talking about preparing "shock troops" to take over the executive branch when Trump is restored to the presidency and his "precinct strategy" to get Trump followers to take over local administration of elections and storm school boards has been taken up by thousands of MAGA true believers. As he told his listeners last May, "It's going to be a fight, but this is a fight that must be won, we don't have an option. We're going to take this back village by village … precinct by precinct."

It's impossible to know whether Trump and Bannon are strategizing together, but it's clear that they have the same goal. They are turning January 6th into a rallying cry for more insurrection. Both Bannon and Trump have spoken of the people indicted for their crimes in the insurrection as "political prisoners" and I suspect Bannon would like nothing more than to turn his criminal contempt citation into a revolutionary cause for the MAGA faithful.

I don't know if they allow prisoners to podcast from their jail cells but Bannon wouldn't be the first to spend his time behind bars working on a manifesto. And Trump can wave the bloody shirt of January 6th to keep the Big Lie alive for his run in 2024. It's going to be quite a show.
Mumia Abu Jamal has a podcast made of his commentaries from prison, hosted by Prison Radio, going back 15 years at least.

I figure Bannon's rich friends would make that possible if he wanted it.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:12 pm

Maybe he could write the American equivalent of The Ballad of Reading Jail? ;)
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:23 pm

To write that, you need the mind of a poet and a man of the world, like Oscar was...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:13 am

Well, anonymous sources and all that. Still, as the story notes, this follows on repeated vague indications about participation by members of Congress in the discussions prior to the rally and attack on the US Capitol on the 6th of January.

'Jan. 6 Protest Organizers Say They Participated in "Dozens" of Planning Meetings With Members of Congress and White House Staff'
As the House investigation into the Jan. 6 attack heats up, some of the planners of the pro-Trump rallies that took place in Washington, D.C., have begun communicating with congressional investigators and sharing new information about what happened when the former president’s supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol. Two of these people have spoken to Rolling Stone extensively in recent weeks and detailed explosive allegations that multiple members of Congress were intimately involved in planning both Trump’s efforts to overturn his election loss and the Jan. 6 events that turned violent.

Rolling Stone separately confirmed a third person involved in the main Jan. 6 rally in D.C. has communicated with the committee. This is the first report that the committee is hearing major new allegations from potential cooperating witnesses. While there have been prior indications that members of Congress were involved, this is also the first account detailing their purported role and its scope. The two sources also claim they interacted with members of Trump’s team, including former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, who they describe as having had an opportunity to prevent the violence.

These two sources also helped plan a series of demonstrations that took place in multiple states around the country in the weeks between the election and the storming of the Capitol. According to these sources, multiple people associated with the March for Trump and Stop the Steal events that took place during this period communicated with members of Congress throughout this process.

Along with Greene, the conspiratorial pro-Trump Republican from Georgia who took office earlier this year, the pair both say the members who participated in these conversations or had top staffers join in included Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.), Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.), Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas).

“We would talk to Boebert’s team, Cawthorn’s team, Gosar’s team like back to back to back to back,” says the organizer.

And Gosar, who has been one of the most prominent defenders of the Jan. 6 rioters, allegedly took things a step further. Both sources say he dangled the possibility of a “blanket pardon” in an unrelated ongoing investigation to encourage them to plan the protests.

“Our impression was that it was a done deal,” the organizer says, “that he’d spoken to the president about it in the Oval … in a meeting about pardons and that our names came up. They were working on submitting the paperwork and getting members of the House Freedom Caucus to sign on as a show of support.”

The organizer claims the pair received “several assurances” about the “blanket pardon” from Gosar.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:58 am

‘A roadmap for a coup’: inside Trump’s plot to steal the presidency
A startling memo, a surreal Oval Office encounter – just some of the twists in the unfolding story of Trump’s bid to cling to power, which critics say was no less than an attempted coup

On 4 January, the conservative lawyer John Eastman was summoned to the Oval Office to meet Donald Trump and Vice-President Mike Pence. Within 48 hours, Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election would formally be certified by Congress, sealing Trump’s fate and removing him from the White House.

The atmosphere in the room was tense. The then US president was “fired up” to make what amounted to a last-ditch effort to overturn the election results and snatch a second term in office in the most powerful job on Earth.

Eastman, who had a decades-long reputation as a prominent conservative law professor, had already prepared a two-page memo in which he had outlined an incendiary scenario under which Pence, presiding over the joint session of Congress that was to be convened on 6 January, effectively overrides the votes of millions of Americans in seven states that Biden had won, then “gavels President Trump as re-elected”.

The Eastman memo, first revealed by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa in their book Peril, goes on to predict “howls” of protest from Democrats. The theory was that Pence, acting as the “ultimate arbiter” of the process, would then send the matter to the House of Representatives which, following an arcane rule that says that where no candidate has reached the necessary majority each state will have one vote, also decides to turn the world upside down and hand the election to the losing candidate, Donald Trump.

Alarm bells began to ring months before America went to the polls on 3 November 2020. As early as July Trump was laying into mail-in voting, which was seeing huge voter take-up as a result of Covid-19, deriding the upcoming poll as the “most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history” and calling for it to be delayed.
Corruption!
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:03 am

This is a few days old. No worries--apparently it's nostalgia week, looking back at significant laptops and once again pearl-clutching about those nasty trans people. :ab:

Somebody who was genuinely concerned about malfeasance on the part of politicians and their families might have already noted this. Posted here for its amusing irony.

'The wife of Trump's former chief of staff Mark Meadows may have filed at least 2 false voter forms, report says'
Debra Meadows, the wife of former President Donald Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows, may have filed at least two false voter forms, The Washington Post reported on Wednesday.

Meadows had filed a one-stop voter application in Franklin, North Carolina, on October 26, 2020, to cast an early ballot in the election that year, per the Post.

According to a copy of Meadows' application, she listed her place of residence as a small mobile home in Scaly Mountain, North Carolina, despite not living there, the outlet reported. The form asks applicants to declare that they have resided at their listed address "for 30 days immediately prior to this election" and warns that "fraudulently or falsely completing" the form is a Class 1 felony.

According to The Post, Meadows signed at least two forms — one for voter registration and the one-stop application — that required applicants to fill in their residential address under penalty of perjury. An unnamed North Carolina election board official said Meadows also dropped off an absentee ballot request at Macon County for her husband, who was then the White House's chief of staff.
The Chief of Staff of the President and his wife apparently filed fraudulent voting paperwork. The same president who was so very certain that his opponents were committing voting fraud. :smoke:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:50 pm

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... drop-runs/
Charlie Kirk: You have the surveillance video that Dinesh is using in his upcoming movie where people are coming out of the car with piles of ballots. Illegal. You cannot do that in Georgia. Stuffing them into ballot boxes funded by Mark Zuckerberg… Coming night after night after night, the same guys. They’re wearing latex gloves on camera, after they put the ballots in the drop boxes they take off the latex gloves because they don’t want fingerprints on the ballots and they take pictures of every ballot. And you’ll see this video footage. I had a six-hour meeting with Dinesh D’Souza and I saw all the evidence for myself. I was really skeptical at first and we dove into it. And I was blown away at how the sophisticated technology they used to be able to track these people using cellphone technology because your cellphone is letting off a ping every 3 to 5 seconds. You can go buy those pings off of certain geographic areas… They saw that some of these mules would visit these drop boxes every night. And then go to Stacey Abrams’ headquarters and then go back to the drop boxes.

Someone should (quick!) attack the sources!
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:04 pm

Well, he is a felon. I think it was even a federal case. :biggrin:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:24 pm

Who? Abrams? DeSouza? Kirk?

Video and cell-tracking evidence don't count, if it impeaches the wrong president...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:28 pm

Who? Abrams? DeSouza? Kirk?
D'Souza.