US Election 2020

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Hermit » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:49 pm

So, when the the leaders of Cyber Ninjas, a privately owned pro-Trump company that has been tasked with finding electoral fraud in Maricopa, Arizona's biggest county, was scheduled to deliver its draft report to the Senate, it failed to show up. The reason given for the non-delivery was that three of the team of five, which included the CEO of the company, were "quite sick" due to having caught the Coronavirus. Given the fact that the discrepancy discovered by the Cyber Ninjas may have amounted to 124 out of the 2.1 million votes, the excuse resembles the age old "the dog ate my homework". Surely, it does not take five people to hand in a draft report.

Trump-friendly Cyber Ninjas delay report on Arizona election because CEO, 2 others are ‘quite sick’ with Covid
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:04 am

In a stunning development, it appears that bloated aspiring autocrat Trump was lying when he asserted that the cop who shot and killed the enthusiastic insurrectionist Babbitt was a member of a Democratic legislator's security detail.

'Capitol Police Lieutenant Who Killed Jan. 6 Rioter Ashli Babbitt Is Breaking His Silence'
For months, former President Donald Trump and other leading MAGA figures have called for the outing of the police officer who fatally shot pro-Trump rioter Ashli Babbitt during the U.S. Capitol riot on Jan. 6. This week, they are finally getting their wish—but the officer appears to be doing so on his own terms.

On Wednesday, NBC announced that NBC News anchor Lester Holt will “sit down in an exclusive interview with the U.S. Capitol Police officer responsible for shooting and killing protestor Ashli Babbitt while defending the U.S. House Chamber.” The NBC release stated that the interview is currently set to air at 6:30 p.m. ET Thursday on NBC Nightly News, and does not identify the officer.

A person with direct knowledge of the matter tells The Daily Beast that this officer is a lieutenant and a 28-year veteran of the department. He spent about the last two decades in his current position, and on Jan. 6, his charge was security for the entire House floor. This source added that this officer was not assigned to any specific member’s detail, contradicting what has been publicly asserted by Trump and others.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:30 pm

Republican election audits have led to voting system breaches, experts say
MyPillow chief gave out election software at South Dakota event derived from Republican challenges in Colorado and Michigan

Republican efforts to question Donald Trump’s defeat in 2020 have led to voting system breaches experts say pose a risk to future elections.

Copies of Dominion Voting Systems softwares used for designing ballots, configuring voting machines and tallying results were distributed at an event this month in South Dakota organized by the MyPillow chief executive, Mike Lindell, a Trump ally who has made unsubstantiated claims about last year’s election.

Matt Masterson, a former top election security official in the Trump administration, said: “We told election officials, essentially, that you should assume this information is already out there. Now we know it is, and we don’t know what [hackers] are going to do with it.”

The software copies came from voting equipment in Mesa county, Colorado, and Antrim county, Michigan, where Trump allies challenged results last fall. Dominion software is used in some 30 states, including California, Georgia and Michigan.

Harri Hursti, an election security pioneer, was at the South Dakota event and said he and other researchers were given three separate copies of election management systems that run on the Dominion software. Data indicated they were from Antrim and Mesa counties. While it’s not clear how the copies came to be released, they were also posted online and made available for public download.

The release gives hackers a “practice environment” to probe for vulnerabilities and a road map to avoid defenses, Hursti said. All hackers would need is physical access to the systems because they are not supposed to be connected to the internet.

“The door is now wide open,” Hursti said. “The only question is, how do you sneak in the door?”

US election technology is dominated by three vendors, meaning election officials cannot easily swap out existing technology. A Dominion representative declined comment, citing an investigation.

Hackers could sabotage the system, alter ballot design or even try to change results, said Kevin Skoglund, an election technology expert.

“This disclosure increases both the likelihood that something happens and the impact of what would happen if it does,” he said.
The instruction book has just been published.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:58 pm

Pillow talk is dangerous... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:19 am

Trump’s coup attempt has not stopped – and Democrats must wake up
Robert Reich wrote:He still refuses to concede and riles up supporters with his bogus claim that the 2020 election was stolen. Tens of millions of Americans believe him

The former president’s attempted coup is not stopping. He still refuses to concede and continues to rile up supporters with his bogus claim that the 2020 election was stolen. Tens of millions of Americans believe him.

Last Sunday, at a Republican event in Franklin, North Carolina, Congressman Madison Cawthorn, repeating Trump’s big lie, called the rioters who stormed the Capitol on 6 January “political hostages”.

Cawthorn also advised the crowd to begin stockpiling ammunition for what he said was likely to be American-versus-American “bloodshed” over unfavorable election results.

“Much as I am willing to defend our liberty at all costs,” he said, “there’s nothing I would dread doing more than having to pick up arms against a fellow American.”

On Tuesday, Texas Republicans passed a strict voter law based on Trump’s big lie – imposing new ID requirements on people seeking to vote by mail and criminal penalties on election officials who send unsolicited mail-in ballot applications, empowering partisan poll watchers, and banning drive-through and 24-hour voting.

This year, at least 18 other states have enacted 30 laws that will make it harder for Americans to vote, based on Trump’s lie.

On Thursday, at Trump’s instigation, Pennsylvania Republicans launched an investigation soliciting sworn testimony on election “irregularities”, scheduling the first hearing for next week.
A democracy? It never was.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:10 pm

He has no such problem as the Republican party hasn't considered anyone else an American for decades now.

Thankfully we have plenty of prison space to house these guys.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:43 am

Dan Quayle, according to the new Woodward book, talked Pence out of trying to reject certification of the 2020 electoral vote, handing the election to Trump. Dan Quayle, the former vice president infamous for his grinning doltishness, stood in for Pence's backbone, if the story is accurate. Amazing.

'Woodward book: Quayle advised Pence he had "no flexibility" in overturning election'
Former Vice President Dan Quayle reportedly told former Vice President Mike Pence that he had “no flexibility” in overturning the results of the 2020 presidential election, according to a new book from veteran journalist Bob Woodward and Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.

Pence reportedly sought advice from Quayle — who served in the George H.W. Bush administration — when grappling with pressure from former President Trump to reject the 2020 election results.

CNN obtained a copy of the new book, “Peril,” set to be released on Sept. 21, which details the exchange between the two vice presidents.

Pence reportedly asked Quayle a number of times if there was anything he could do, but the former vice president told him to “forget it.”

“Mike, you have no flexibility on this. None. Zero. Forget it. Put it away,” Quayle told Pence, according to the authors.

“You don't know the position I'm in,” Pence reportedly said, again asking Quayle if he had any options.

“I do know the position you're in,” responded Quayle, who was vice president to the last incumbent president to lose an election. “I also know what the law is. You listen to the parliamentarian. That's all you do. You have no power.”

Pence ultimately bucked the president’s requests and certified the vote, which was delayed hours after a pro-Trump mob descended on the Capitol in an effort to thwart the constitutionally-mandated process.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 am

So yeah, another audit of the Maricopa County votes from last year is definitely needed. I think this will make five in total. From the Arizona Republican Party Chair:
Amazing report from Dr. Shiva. Many questions for Maricopa County as well as exposure of incompetence & possible malfeasance. A FULL SIGNATURE AUDIT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! #AmericasAudit

- Dr. Kelli Ward · Sep 24, 2021

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:58 am

With Arizona cleansed...there was clearly some favoring of Biden, why else would he win?...Texas votes will be smeared next. This is all in preparation to overturn Biden win in 2024 against Trump, as Democrats are really doing this by some trickery. No more in 2024! Even county level votes will be overturned.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... fter-trump
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:09 pm

Keep the corruption going.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:16 pm

It's beyond corruption now.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:25 am

There are now cracks in Trump support. They will use Trump to try to regain senate in 2022 but then all will fall apart.

Newsweek
Several Maricopa County Republican leaders have called on Arizona's GOP Chair Kelli Ward to resign, slamming her for promoting election "lies" after the controversial Cyber Ninjas audit of the county's results reaffirmed President Joe Biden's victory over former President Donald Trump.

Arizona Senate Republicans contracted Florida-based Cyber Ninjas in the spring to audit Maricopa County's election results due to Trump's groundless claims of widespread fraud. The audit was widely mocked and criticized, including by many Republican officials in the county. In the end, the full recount showed a minor net gain in votes for Biden and less votes for Trump.

In a Friday interview with KTAR News' The Mike Broomhead Show, Maricopa County Supervisor Clint Hickman, a Republican, urged Arizona's GOP Governor Doug Ducey as well as Treasurer Kimberly Yee to push Ward to resign. Ward was a staunch supporter of the audit and continues to question the results of the election despite Cyber Ninjas' findings.

"I think the time has come. She has now led us to a part where our former president has lost publicly the Arizona vote again to Joe Biden," Hickman said of Ward. "That is horrible and I will not stand for this type of leadership."
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:29 pm

Greasy fascist/fascist cheerleader Steve Bannon has obliged the January 6 inquiry committee by ignoring a subpoena from them. They've taken the first step toward holding him to account.
Mr. Bannon has declined to cooperate with the Select Committee and is instead hiding behind the former President’s insufficient, blanket, and vague statements regarding privileges he has purported to invoke. We reject his position entirely. The Select Committee will not tolerate defiance of our subpoenas, so we must move forward with proceedings to refer Mr. Bannon for criminal contempt. I’ve notified the Select Committee that we will convene for a business meeting Tuesday evening to vote on adopting a contempt report.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:38 pm

Man, that guy got a martyr syndrome?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:18 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:29 pm
Greasy fascist/fascist cheerleader Steve Bannon has obliged the January 6 inquiry committee by ignoring a subpoena from them. They've taken the first step toward holding him to account.
Mr. Bannon has declined to cooperate with the Select Committee and is instead hiding behind the former President’s insufficient, blanket, and vague statements regarding privileges he has purported to invoke. We reject his position entirely. The Select Committee will not tolerate defiance of our subpoenas, so we must move forward with proceedings to refer Mr. Bannon for criminal contempt. I’ve notified the Select Committee that we will convene for a business meeting Tuesday evening to vote on adopting a contempt report.
Svartalf wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:38 pm
Man, that guy got a martyr syndrome?
Being defiant may well bring him great kudos with the Trumpists. Whether he carries through may depend on the possible penalties...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!