Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: All Things Trump

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Powerful.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:27 am
Coito Two hasn't been his usual chatty self today. Has the fat orange mound of shit finally done something too monstrous for even him to defend?

Well, I guess we have the answer to that question. :ani:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 pm

eatcake.jpg
eatcake.jpg (15.79 KiB) Viewed 2120 times

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:37 pm

Crisis actor spotted at Texas child migrant detention center
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:50 pm

YOUR PARTY HATES YOU. JUST A FEW REMNANTS (IN BATTLEGROUND STATES) OF YOUR PEOPLE BOTHER WITH YOUR SILLY RALLIES

President Trump felt a need to be loved again, so he did what he always does when he needs love — he left his house and did a campaign rally. On Wednesday night, it was in Duluth, Minn., where a crowd turned out to cheer their man. Well, most of them cheered. Twice, Trump paused while security forces ejected protesters.

Trump’s anger at the protesters was revealing. I’ve watched nearly all of his rallies, and he has never been this intent on seeing any sign of protest erased. He really lingered on watching the protesting people being removed from his sight — he stared silently, glaring. It was as though Trump resented any disruption in the last place he can get unconditional love anymore — he feels beleaguered in the current state of his presidency.

Trump ranted and raved with unusual bitterness this night. It’s clear that on this, the evening after he was forced to back down from his new policy to have some migrant children removed from their parents detained at the border, he was feeling besieged. It led to forced jollity — “Is there anything more fun than a Trump rally?” he asked..
Yahoo

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:11 pm

His party does not hate him. He's got 87% support from those deranged fucks.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 pm

Well sure, they use him. Hillary would be useless to them. It does not mean they like him.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:49 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:02 pm
Seabass wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:37 am
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:59 pm
While this is really being overblown,
I'm sure NSDAP supporters said that about Kristallnacht.
Oh, indeed, it's a fair comparison. Brownshirts and German civilians breaking Jewish shop windows, attacking, beating and even murdering Jews, leaving cities littered with shards of broken glass, that's exactly what's going on in the United States right now. No exaggeration at all. In fact, it's an understatement.
Well, kudos to Trump shitheads for not being quite as bad as the fucking Nazis. I guess I should also give props to Trump dumbshits for not being quite as bad as Boko Haram and ISIS.

Toddlers being taken from their parents? No big deal! Jesus fuck, how on earth do some people get so twisted, rotten, and grotesque inside?!
Seabass wrote:
I think Trump saw an opportunity here to twist legislative arms and to get them to put together a comprehensive immigration reform bill.
He did it because HE IS A CALLOUS, MONSTROUS, CRUEL LUMP OF DOG EXCREMENT.
You've been watching too much Rachel Maddow.
And you've been watching too much:

Mike Cernovich
Alex Jones
Infowars
Breitbart
Fox News
American Mirror
Gateway Pundit
True Pundit
News Busters
Daily Caller
The Blaze
Drudge Report
Zero Hedge

which are all so much more trustworthy than the MSM. :ddpan:

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:34 am

Preparations to take kids from parents started in September of 2017. This wasn't just some impulsive policy change gone awry.

Businesses have made millions off Trump's child separation policy
Contract vehicles are one of the mechanisms the U.S. government uses to award contracts to vendors. The data reviewed by Yahoo News was for a contract vehicle called “Shelter Care for Unaccompanied Children 2022.” This included 10 different contracts for up to approximately $92 million that were awarded to five different vendors starting in September 2017. The contracts include plans to operate the shelters through September 2022.
full article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/businesses-m ... 06551.html

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:43 am

What's the getting that many of those contractors will continue to be paid regardless of whether the policy is implemented or not.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:43 am

Seabass wrote:Image

Frank Zappa

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:49 am

Now we know where Trump learned about "fake news."

National Enquirer sent stories about Trump to his attorney Michael Cohen before publication, people familiar with the practice say
During the presidential campaign, National Enquirer executives sent digital copies of the tabloid’s articles and cover images related to Donald Trump and his political opponents to Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen in advance of publication, according to three people with knowledge of the matter — an unusual practice that speaks to the close relationship between Trump and David Pecker, chief executive of American Media Inc., the Enquirer’s parent company.

Although the company strongly denies ever sharing such material before publication, these three individuals say the sharing of material continued after Trump took office.

“Since Trump’s become president and even before, [Pecker] openly just has been willing to turn the magazine and the cover over to the Trump machine,” said one of the people with knowledge of the practice.

During the campaign, “if it was a story specifically about Trump, then it was sent over to Michael, and as long as there were no objections from him, the story could be published,” this person added.

The Enquirer’s alleged sharing of material pre-publication with Trump’s attorney during the campaign highlights the support the tabloid news outlet offered Trump as he ran for president. It also intersects with a subject that federal prosecutors have been investigating since earlier this year: Cohen’s efforts to quash negative stories about Trump during the campaign. As part of that, prosecutors are also looking into whether Cohen broke campaign finance laws, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Federal prosecutors subpoenaed American Media Inc. as part of their investigation into Cohen, the Wall Street Journal reported earlier this week. A Justice Department official said Pecker did not fall under the regulation that governs when and how prosecutors can obtain records of members of the news media.
Once Enquirer editors sent a story or cover image, sometimes a request for changes came back, according to two of the people with knowledge of the relationship. Stories about Trump were positive in nature, and changes related to the stories were not dramatic, according to one person with knowledge of the matter, who said most of the changes in stories sent to Cohen resulted in more flattering cover photos or changes to cover headlines.

Trump suggested stories to Pecker on a regular basis, one of these people said, and had access to certain pieces — including one about Hillary Clinton’s health — before publication.

These people spoke on the condition of anonymity because they feared legal action or professional retribution if they spoke publicly about Trump or AMI, which publishes other celebrity-focused titles including Us Weekly, the Globe and Star.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:18 pm
Animavore wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Powerful.
And, that child was not separated from her parents. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... aa2386cbd3
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:16 pm

But you'll agree that it's representative of the situation? If you're going to maintain that it somehow misrepresents the situation, on strictly factual grounds as it were, then we should probanky also note that Trump never met that child in a red room and never said those words either.

Frank Zappa

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:49 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:02 pm
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:59 pm
While this is really being overblown,
I'm sure NSDAP supporters said that about Kristallnacht.
Oh, indeed, it's a fair comparison. Brownshirts and German civilians breaking Jewish shop windows, attacking, beating and even murdering Jews, leaving cities littered with shards of broken glass, that's exactly what's going on in the United States right now. No exaggeration at all. In fact, it's an understatement.
Well, kudos to Trump shitheads for not being quite as bad as the fucking Nazis. I guess I should also give props to Trump dumbshits for not being quite as bad as Boko Haram and ISIS.

Toddlers being taken from their parents? No big deal! Jesus fuck, how on earth do some people get so twisted, rotten, and grotesque inside?!
If parents are arrested, they don't send the kids to jail with them. What happens when parents commit crimes, get arrested, and leave children in need of care? Do they get let go on their own recognizance?

The reason for the separation policy was this: When you have people breaking through the border illegally, they have to be detained. If they're bringing kids with them, the law would not allow children to be detained with the parents. So, it's either let the lawbreakers go, or put the kids with someone else (or in a care centers). There aren't any other alternatives.

So, when the issue came up, Trump said that Congress should pass a law about the issue, so that it would solve the separation problem. Even though the Trump policy was being portrayed as the same as Nazi Germany, Democrats said no to that, saying that Trump should just fix it with his pen instead of a legislative solution. So, now Trump has passed an executive order saying that detainees with children can now be detained with their kids.

But, that's not good enough for Democrats either, who now say that that policy is inhumane too. But, they still won't work on a legislative solution.

What's going to happen now, is that the new rule passed by Trump will be challenged in court. We'll see what happens with those challenges.

However, it's unclear what the Democrats want. Do they want a system where a person who crosses the border illegally without a child with them is put in detention, but if that person brings a child with them, then they cannot be detained? They just have to be let go into the general population, on the hope that they will return for a hearing? Or, do they just want no detentions of any illegal aliens crossing the border?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar