All Things Trump

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: All Things Trump

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:17 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:56 pm
Topic retitled and stickied for fast Trump access.
What the fuck?

I don't want the thread retitled.

The thread is not about "All things Trump" and creating a thread for "all things trump was not my intent." When threads are in broad categories like that, it becomes impossible to talk about a specific issue, because everything gets jumbled together.

Is there a shortage of thread space? Is there some sreason why this has to be grouped together? Why?

If so, why are there four or five other threads regarding Trump, all basically negative, but I can't create a thread for discussion of the specific issue of the Nobel Peace Prize?

I find this weird, as I also had created a thread dedicated to positive news on Trump, but that was merged with another "ridicule Trump" thread, and so the discussion stream about positive news was squelched.

What gives?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:18 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:05 pm
I would've preferred the title, "Trump - Racist, misogynist, fraudster, swindler, polluter, rapist, traitor."
There are five other threads where that's being repeated.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:17 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
What the fuck?

I don't want the thread retitled.

The thread is not about "All things Trump" and creating a thread for "all things trump was not my intent." When threads are in broad categories like that, it becomes impossible to talk about a specific issue, because everything gets jumbled together.

Is there a shortage of thread space? Is there some sreason why this has to be grouped together? Why?

If so, why are there four or five other threads regarding Trump, all basically negative, but I can't create a thread for discussion of the specific issue of the Nobel Peace Prize?

I find this weird, as I also had created a thread dedicated to positive news on Trump, but that was merged with another "ridicule Trump" thread, and so the discussion stream about positive news was squelched.

What gives?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:25 pm

I'm not talking about feelings, I'm talking about thread management. It's difficult to talk about a topic, when the topic is basically "all things trump."

There are other threads that are basic clearinghouses for anything Trump that doesn't fit a specific category.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:29 pm

There are too many damn Trump threads as it is. It's hard to keep track of them all. We only need one, really. Or one for serious and one for humor.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Seabass wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:29 pm
There are too many damn Trump threads as it is. It's hard to keep track of them all. We only need one, really. Or one for serious and one for humor.
Those 2 aspects have considerable overlap in the case of Trump...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: Nobel Peace Prize for Donald Trump?

Post by Svartalf » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:24 pm
:lol:

They may as well. They gave it to Obama because he said nice (but empty) words. And they gave it to someone who before long turned into a human rights criminal (Ang Suun Whatsherface). The prize is a joke now.
anything worth about a million dollar to the recipient is no joke, I'd like to get a nobel, jusdt for the prize.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 pm

JimC wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:50 pm
Seabass wrote:
Those 2 aspects have considerable overlap in the case of Trump...
This is true. A national joke turned national nightmare.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 01, 2018 1:30 am

Seabass wrote:
They're all Trump bashing threads, which are fine.

It doesn't hurt anyone to have another thread.

The issue is that some people want to control the discussion here. There is absolutely no good reason why a thread dedicated to the possibility of a Nobel Prize for the President would be disallowed. It's relevant. It's newsworthy, it's political, it's a current event. It's also going to be an ongoing discussion because the President will be meeting with Kim Jong Un and it will be a lengthy process toward peace or war, if any, and it will be a contentious issue as to whether the prize committee would see fit to award him the prize under any circumstances.

We had a thread about the Nobel Prize aspect of the previous President, and it didn't present too much of a burden on this thread, and that's when there was actually a large population of posters here.

It's really ridiculous that people can create hosts of nonsense threads about anything and everything, and it doesn't matter, but because some people here have a hard-on for Donald Trump, we have to make sure discussions don't get beyond a slew of Trump bashing and insults.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 01, 2018 2:06 am

Animavore wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:42 pm
I'm loving watching the hypocrisy of Trump supporters right now. When Trump mocks the handicapped, denigrates women, and insults foreigners he's, "Telling it like it is."

Wolf comes along and literally tells it like it is and now they're all offended.
Yep.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 01, 2018 2:07 am

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
What the fuck?
I knew it. :hehe:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 01, 2018 2:11 am

Forty Two wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:30 am
Seabass wrote:

The issue is that some people want to control the discussion here. There is absolutely no good reason why a thread dedicated to the possibility of a Nobel Prize for the President would be disallowed. It's relevant. It's newsworthy, it's political, it's a current event. It's also going to be an ongoing discussion because the President will be meeting with Kim Jong Un and it will be a lengthy process toward peace or war, if any, and it will be a contentious issue as to whether the prize committee would see fit to award him the prize under any circumstances.

We had a thread about the Nobel Prize aspect of the previous President, and it didn't present too much of a burden on this thread, and that's when there was actually a large population of posters here.

It's really ridiculous that people can create hosts of nonsense threads about anything and everything, and it doesn't matter, but because some people here have a hard-on for Donald Trump, we have to make sure discussions don't get beyond a slew of Trump bashing and insults.
The thing is, it will just turn into the same thing as the other Trump threads. Reasons why Trump should get a Nobel? Very few. Reasons why Trump shouldn't get a Noble? Heaps. What are some of those reasons? *poof* And then we have another clone Trump thread.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue May 01, 2018 2:14 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:07 am
Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
What the fuck?
I knew it. :hehe:
It's an Indonesian plot! :ninja:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue May 01, 2018 3:18 am

Forty Two wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:30 am
Seabass wrote:

What's ridiculous is your obsessive need to balance the forum so that there are as many pro-Trump threads as there are anti-Trump threads, and as many anti-Hillary threads as there are anti-Trump threads.

The forum doesn't need a new thread every time Trump does something. You're the only one who wants 800 Trump threads. The mods have decided that they don't want Trump spam all over the forum, so you're just going to have to suck it up, snowflake.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 01, 2018 3:20 am

Seabass, I fear you'll be visited by the tone policeman after that...