All Things Trump

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: All Things Trump

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:51 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:16 pm
But you'll agree that it's representative of the situation? If you're going to maintain that it somehow misrepresents the situation, on strictly factual grounds as it were, then we should probanky also note that Trump never met that child in a red room and never said those words either.
Yep, what a ridiculous counter argument. Only 42...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:55 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:22 pm
Seabass wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:49 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:02 pm
Seabass wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:37 am
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:59 pm
While this is really being overblown,
I'm sure NSDAP supporters said that about Kristallnacht.
Oh, indeed, it's a fair comparison. Brownshirts and German civilians breaking Jewish shop windows, attacking, beating and even murdering Jews, leaving cities littered with shards of broken glass, that's exactly what's going on in the United States right now. No exaggeration at all. In fact, it's an understatement.
Well, kudos to Trump shitheads for not being quite as bad as the fucking Nazis. I guess I should also give props to Trump dumbshits for not being quite as bad as Boko Haram and ISIS.

Toddlers being taken from their parents? No big deal! Jesus fuck, how on earth do some people get so twisted, rotten, and grotesque inside?!
If parents are arrested, they don't send the kids to jail with them. What happens when parents commit crimes, get arrested, and leave children in need of care? Do they get let go on their own recognizance?

The reason for the separation policy was this: When you have people breaking through the border illegally, they have to be detained. If they're bringing kids with them, the law would not allow children to be detained with the parents. So, it's either let the lawbreakers go, or put the kids with someone else (or in a care centers). There aren't any other alternatives.
There's no alternatives to putting kids in cages with a space blanket and a thin mattress? Bullshit.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:02 am

well, they can't think of a more humane alternative, no....
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:02 am

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:20 pm
I recommend we look to civilized countries for their processes and procedures --
The Government of Australia has a policy and practice of detaining in immigration detention facilities non-citizens not holding a valid visa, suspected of visa violations, illegal entry or unauthorised arrival, and those subject to deportation and removal in immigration detention until a decision is made by the immigration authorities to grant a visa and release them into the community, or to repatriate them to their country of departure. Persons in immigration detention may at any time opt to voluntarily leave Australia for their country of origin, or they may be deported or given a bridging or temporary visa.

In 1992, Australia adopted a mandatory detention policy obliging the Australian Government to detain all persons entering or being in the country without a valid visa, while their claim to remain in Australia is processed and security and health checks undertaken. Also at the same the law was changed to permit indefinite detention, from the previous limit of 273 days. Mandatory detention continues to be part of a campaign by successive Australian governments to stop people without a valid visa (typically asylum seekers) entering the country by boat. The policy was instituted by the Keating Government in 1992, and has been varied by the subsequent Howard, Rudd, Gillard, Abbott and Turnbull Governments.[1] The policy is regarded as controversial and has been criticised by a number of organisations. The High Court of Australia has confirmed, by majority, the constitutionality of indefinite mandatory detention of aliens.[2] In its present form, the policy is credited with halting the seaborne people-smuggling trade to Australia and the thousands of death associated with it.

Mandatory detention rules also apply to persons whose visa has been cancelled by the Minister, for example on character grounds, allowing such persons to be detained in immigration detention and deported, some after living in Australia for a long period.[3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigrati ... _Australia

I think that Trump might consider creating a detention center on Guam or the Marianas Islands, and maybe one in and then all asylum seekers will go there and held in indefinite detention pending review of their asylum applications. It's at least something to consider here. I mean, it's "controversial," but I haven't seen news reporters bursting into tears over it, so it must be reasonable, if not preferred.

Australia most definitely isn't civilised when it comes to refugees and asylum seekers. And no one (other than you, apparently) actually thinks it is. We've been roundly criticised by numerous international bodies and other nations for our barbaric policy. If your yardstick to what should be acceptable behaviour is our refugee policy, then you are in a sorry state.

Although, having said that, not even we seperate children from their families.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:15 am

You're being too demanding, rEv. Stop being such an SJW. As long as your country is less bad than the Third Reich, there's no reason to change anything.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:12 am

Did we have a report anywhere yet of that utterly clueless jacket that Melanoma wore to visit the kids in detention? What a fucking imbecile. The perfect match for Trump. :?

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:53 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:51 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:16 pm
But you'll agree that it's representative of the situation? If you're going to maintain that it somehow misrepresents the situation, on strictly factual grounds as it were, then we should probably also note that Trump never met that child in a red room and never said those words either.
Yep, what a ridiculous counter argument. Only 42...
REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:59 am

:lol:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:07 am

:hehe:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:15 am

Could we expect anything else:

Donald Trump flips on North Korea, declaring country still an 'extraordinary threat'
President extended the ‘national emergency’ for one year in an executive order, re-authorizing economic restrictions

Donald Trump has declared that North Korea still poses an “extraordinary threat” to the United States, just days after saying that the country’s nuclear program no longer constituted a danger.

In an executive order on Friday, the president extended for one year the so-called “national emergency” with respect to the nuclear-armed nation, re-authorizing economic restrictions against it.

While expected, the declaration comes just nine days after Trump tweeted: “There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea,” following his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:16 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:42 pm

I think Trump is confused by Trump.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:01 pm

Well, he is obviously right when he is wrong so then he has to change his mind a couple of times.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:51 pm

The Liar in Chief just doing what he does.

'Trump gives rambling and misleading speech in effort to spread hatred and fear of immigrants'
Donald Trump has hit back at the controversy over migrant children being separated from their parents with a speech which appeared to be designed to spread fear and hatred of immigrants.

Using disputed facts and statistics, the president attempted to raise the spectre of “criminal illegal aliens” while staging a White House reception for what he called “angel families” who lost loved ones at the hands of criminals who were in the US illegally.

As he sought to claim that illegal immigrants commit violent crimes at a higher rate than US citizens, Mr Trump was flanked by victims’ families holding a total of 11 photos of their dead relatives. In an unusual combination of bereavement and celebrity, all 11 photos were autographed by the president.

The Associated Press (AP) later pointed out that detailed studies of decades of crime data had in fact shown that people in the US illegally were less likely to commit crime than American citizens, and legal immigrants are even less likely to do so.

A March study by the journal Criminology examined the years 1990 to 2014 and concluded “undocumented immigration does not increase violence”. In fact, the study suggested, states with bigger shares of undocumented migrants had lower crime rates.

A recent study led by Rubén Rumbaut, a University of California, Irvine sociology professor, noted crime rates fell sharply from 1990 to 2015 at a time when illegal immigration spiked.