US 2018 November elections

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: US 2018 November elections

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 pm

There couldn't be much difference between North and South American Indians I'd imagine. They've only be distinct for a few thousand years.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:59 pm

Not so sure about that. Human migration to the Americas has been pushed back a lot in time, and apparently there have been several waves, who may have been genetically different. There would be some academic geneticist who has the degree of separation at their fingertips though, I'd bet...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:02 pm

Apparently, somehow, there is a dearth of Native (North) American genetic material for these geneticists to operate on. As I noted, my recent DNA test from 23andme.com returned 0% Native American despite my having a First Nations great (x4) grandmother on my mother's side (they only test for South American genetic relation).

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:46 pm

He really is something else:

Trump threatens to send army to close Mexican border in angry early-morning tweet attacking host of central American countries
President repeats threat to cut off aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador
What a cunt.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:48 pm

stop saying ill of the best part of woman, next to a well made brain, please.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Tero wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:22 pm
New reports show that several thousand newly-registered voters in the state of Texas have been illegally purged from the state’s voting rolls, a move that will certainly benefit struggling incumbent Senator Ted Cruz. The state has seen a surge in new voter registrations, and that is never a good sign for Republicans, which helps explain the illegal purges. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins discusses this.

And that is exactly what’s happening in the state of Texas. It’s happening all over this country. It’s happening in Florida. It’s happening in Ohio. It’s happening in all kinds of states where there are very hotly contested elections were Democrats have the opportunity to take over once strongly held Republican seats in both the House and the Senate. The only way Republicans feel they can win is to cheat.
https://trofire.com/2018/10/09/texas-pu ... -election/
Odd, the article did not point to anything "illegal." The Secretary of State of Texas rejected some applications because they were not signed. The law requires that the application be "in writing and signed by the applicant." Sending in unsigned application forms seems like a good reason to reject it.

What's the problem? Is it believed that Democrat voters are less likely to be able to sign their voter registration applications? Since Republicans are in the party of stupid, wouldn't they be the ones more likely to forget to sign it? Or, maybe sign with an "X"?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:19 pm

Yeah the Republicans, including Trump, are good being immoral without breaking the law. They are the law!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:40 pm

So, it's immoral to reject voter registration applications which are not signed by the prospective voter?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:41 pm

We've got plenty of ill-educated illegal immigrants, surely enough to keep the lawns mowed and pools cleaned. Why should we let more in?

I find it amusing, after a lifetime spent traveling, that every single country I've lived and worked in has strict immigration controls. They're not opening their borders to the tired, poor, huddled masses. If you want to work in the UK, Denmark, Bahrain, Egypt, South Africa, Swaziland, Thailand, Dubai, Nigeria, Niger, or Turkey (I can speak to those from personal experience) you have to jump through any number of hoops, fill out reams of paperwork, spend lots of money, and follow (to the letter) very complex and often incomprehensible immigration regulations. Just try to move there illegally, bring your family, work, obtain public assistance, or open a business without following proper procedure and see how fast your ass lands in a jail cell or on a plane back home. It took several months and quite a sum of money to get my leave to remain in the UK, and getting permission to move to Swaziland has taken over a year so far and we've only just got our temporary residence permits. And we have multiple businesses there, going concerns that employ Swazi nationals, and we own multiple properties.

But, for some reason, if the U.S. does exactly the same thing, it's terrible. It's anti-human, reactionary, fascist, and yada yada yada. All while y'all sit in judgment behind your secure borders. We're supposed to abolish ICE and open our borders to whoever wants to come in, but damn if you're going to do it. The hypocrisy is absolutely breathtaking, and all the more so because you're completely oblivious to it.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Laklak, please... there are no immigration problems in "the rest of the world." The laws are written so that everyone can gladly abide by them. People only come to the US illegally, because our immigration system is so mean.

laklak

Post by laklak » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:56 pm

There is one upside, once we figure out which Swazi(s) to bribe all our immigration problems go away.

Not that we'd ever do something like that, of course, it's just a discussion point. Hypothetical, you know. Blue skying.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:08 pm

You're moving to Swaziland?

What's the wait list? 4?

laklak

Post by laklak » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Yep, bought land in a game reserve, going to build a house and tell the "civilized" world to fuck the fuck off. Still no firm time frame, though, got to get through a whole load of legal bullshit first. Be back for several months a year, until I get too old for the boat.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:50 pm

laklak wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:33 pm
Yep, bought land in a game reserve, going to build a house and tell the "civilized" world to fuck the fuck off. Still no firm time frame, though, got to get through a whole load of legal bullshit first. Be back for several months a year, until I get too old for the boat.
What's the skinny on all the "Kill the Boer" stuff? I mean, if it was "Kill the Bore" you might have to worry, but still... :biggrin:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Yeah, but we're better than they are lak, or we're supposed to be. :biggrin: