US 2018 November elections

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

US 2018 November elections

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:02 am

A number of Republican congressmen are retiring. So far only primaries are happening.

Republicans seem to feel necessary to vote in primaries. Even if they all vote for the same candidate. Ted Cruz, sitting candidate, seems to have all his party.
https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/texas/

A good number total showed up.
Last edited by Tero on Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tero
Just saying

Re: US 2018 November elections

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:20 am

Cruz is already doing Trump
:funny:
As Tuesday's primaries were closing, Cruz's campaign released a 60-second radio ad that was a country music jingle prodding O'Rourke for going by "Beto" rather than "Robert."
"Little Robert wanted to fit in, so he changed his name to Beto and hid it with a grin," the song says.

I did not look at enough races. There were some 40 000 Democrats voting in the primary:
Democrats, long shut out of conservative Texas politics, fielded candidates in all 36 of the state’s congressional races. They have their eyes on a few key opportunities: the Seventh Congressional District in Houston, the 23rd Congressional District outside San Antonio, and the 32nd Congressional District in Dallas — all districts Hillary Clinton won in 2016.

Democrats are also watching 21st Congressional District closely, which runs from the area north of San Antonio up to Austin. The seat is open after Republican Rep. Lamar Smith announced he would retire.

There are already strong indications of voter enthusiasm for Democrats; early voting totals blew away previous records. Over 885,000 Texans cast ballots through early voting, a 50 percent increase from the previous record of 592,000 in 2014...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:17 am

Why do you have elections every two years? How can they expect to get anything done in that short a time. They'd be in nearly permanent campaign mode.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:34 am

When you get old enough, it's erections every 2 years... :sigh:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:37 pm

pErvinalia wrote:Why do you have elections every two years? How can they expect to get anything done in that short a time. They'd be in nearly permanent campaign mode.
I think it’s some deal to keep Twitter alive.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:38 pm

JimC wrote:When you get old enough, it's erections every 2 years... :sigh:
Did you try wanking?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:45 pm

Tero wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:Why do you have elections every two years? How can they expect to get anything done in that short a time. They'd be in nearly permanent campaign mode.
I think it’s some deal to keep Twitter alive.
c'mon, your political system has been fucked up like that for more than a century, while twatter has been there for less than a couple decades... I don't know if that shit is the work of the Founding Father , or of some come later fuckheads, but it's a fact that many officials are too permanently in campaign mode to work seriously.... heck, it'ds been the same here since the presidential mandate has been reduced from 7 to 5 years, and the legislative elections got aligned on that, our parliament is a rump and a stamping chamber for whatever twattery the prez wants to implement...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:38 pm

America is in such a shit mess what does it matter? Does not Trump want to change the two times rule and become like China?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:45 pm

he's got no chance of changing that rule, given the time it takes to get an amendment to pass, he'll be long dead by the time a president is again able to run for unspecified numbers of terms.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:55 pm

I never understood why they brought it in. It is meant to be a democracy. Stupid to restrict it to two terms which are short enough. Do they still elect dog catchers in America? Like electing a sheriff is just too stupid for words.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:03 pm

well, it seems somebody , or many bodies, probably in the GOP, thought that Franklin D Roosevelt, the only guy to ever run 4 times successfully, had a rather heavy hand in solving situations he didn't like, like when he threatened the SCOTUS to just make it more numerous and appoint enough justices to favor his views if they kept giving judicial repeals to his laws, regs , and miscellaneous executive orders...

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:18 pm

The Americans dont have a democratic system but even so if he is elected then the system has elected him and it is tough titty. Just like Trump.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:10 pm

Healthcare, guns and what?
Racism theme:
Elizabeth Warren has responded to Donald Trump’s latest “Pochahontas” jibe by highlighting the problem of sexual violence against Native American women, a tactic she said she would pursue each time the president “threw out” such a “racial slur”.

At a rally in Pennsylvania on Saturday night, Trump discussed the Massachusetts senator as a potential rival for the White House in 2020.

“If I don’t win the election, [news] ratings are going to go so far down, they’ll be out of business, every one of them,” he said. “Can you imagine? Can you imagine covering Bernie [Sanders] or Pocahontas? How about that?”

Trump has long referred to Warren as “Pocahontas”, even in front of decorated Native American veterans in the Oval Office, in reference to controversy over her claim of Native American ancestry.

Appearing on CNN’s State of the Union on Sunday, Warren said her “family story” was “deeply a part of me”. She also said she was “not running for president in 2020”.

She added: “I went to speak to Native American leaders and I made a promise to them, that every time President Trump wants to try to throw out some kind of racial slur, he wants to try to attack me, I’m going to try to use it as a chance to lift up their stories.

“I’m going to do that right now by pointing out that more than half of Native women in this country have been the victims of sexual violence, and more than half of them are attacked by non-natives. And the American government is doing nothing about this.”

Figures on sexual assault against Native American women vary but the issue is agreed to be serious. A 2016 US justice department survey said 56% of Native American women reported experiencing sexual violence.

“Native American women are subjected to sexual violence at rates much higher than any other group in our country,” Warren said. “We need to put some focus on this and we need to make some changes on this. We owe it to people living in Native communities.”
Guardian

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:13 pm

And I bet Trump never fucked an indian. Black girls OK as long as they are 17 or under.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:29 am

Ballotpedia
https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_C ... ions,_2018

5 races
Iowa House race: 1st Congressional District.
This region of the Midwestern swing state, which supported former President Barack Obama in both 2008 and 2012, will be the site of increased national attention in the months leading up to the midterms. Here, second-term Republican Rod Blum faces up against Democrat Abby Finkenauer, who vehemently supports working-class families and businesses.

https://www.inc.com/zoe-henry/races-to- ... tions.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...