How Would CNN Report It? (the forum game)

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

How Would CNN Report It? (the forum game)

Post by Forty Two » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:26 pm

This game involves picking an innocuous story, and then recasting it as if it were to be reported on CNN.

I'll start --
The Navy has deployed the guided-missile destroyer Carney to join the destroyer Ross in the Black Sea in a move that U.S. military officials told CNN is intended to “desensitize” Russia to the presence of American military assets in the strategically important region.

The deployment of the Carney marks the first time in four years that two American destroyers have operated in the Black Sea outside of scheduled exercises. The move comes as Russia continues to militarize Crimea, the peninsula it seized from Ukraine in 2014.

In recent years, the U.S. and NATO have accused Russia of sending troops and military hardware to Crimea, and there are now reports that submarines have been added to the mix.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... ze-russia/

Rework this into a CNN article or report:

Headline: Donald Trump Resupplies Russia With Two Destroyers for Defense of Crimea

Unnamed sources familiar with world affairs and conscious of the existence of both Russia and the United States have reported that two US destroyers which were sent to the Black Sea may have been placed at the disposal of Vladimir Putin for the defense of Crimea as part of Donald Trump's repayment of his election debt to the Russian dictator. Four sources in Constantinople familiar with the Bosphorous said that they saw the ships cross through the strait, and said they certainly looked like ships that could defend Crimea on behalf the Russian State.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Re: How Would CNN Report It? (the forum game)

Post by cronus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Global Navy beginning to form. The cold war is over and behind the scenes the top global elites are already one unit. It's game over for nation states - one world government is coming, then the anti-christ or a large computer/robot operating on similar principles to the anti-christ. Case solved. Game over.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:34 pm

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Post by PsychoSerenity » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:07 pm

Accurately then.

That's a shame because I really believed Trump when he said CNN was fake news.

:coffee:
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]