Trump and Russia; Spasiba, Harasho!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Trump and Russia; Spasiba, Harasho!

Post by Tero » Wed May 23, 2018 1:18 am

Russian trolls reached more Americans via FB, twitter and Youtube than the number of Americans who voted.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu May 24, 2018 12:52 am

Trump aides colluded with foreign governments.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ed/560894/

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu May 24, 2018 1:24 am

Trump dumbfucks are too fuckin' stupid to comprehend the damage they've done.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 24, 2018 1:26 am

He probably voted Democrat.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu May 24, 2018 1:37 am

From twitter link:
1/ Ukraine paid at least $400,000 to Michael Cohen get a substantial meeting between its President and Trump. Cohen didn’t register as a foreign agent—another potential crime—but that isn’t even the biggest news in this @BBC article.

2/ Ukraine was invaded by Russia in 2014, and Russia annexed a part of Ukraine called Crimea. Russian-backed “separatists” also are waging war in a region of eastern Ukraine that borders Russia in what has been described as a “stealth” invasion of Ukraine by Russia.

3/ According to the @BBC, it appears that the leak of Manafort's payments from the pro-Russia party in the Ukraine came from the Ukrainian bureau investigating Manafort. When Trump won, Ukraine needed to get in Trump's good graces to help ensure its survival.

4/ For that reason, the Ukrainian president wanted a substantial meeting with Trump--not just a photo op--and to form a relationship with Trump. That's what resulted in the payment to Cohen. What is more interesting to me is what the article describes happening after the meeting.

5/ After the meeting, according to one of the @BBC's Ukrainian sources, Ukraine gave Trump "a gift" by killing its investigating into Manafort, " making sure that Ukraine would find no more evidence to give the US inquiry into whether the Trump campaign "colluded" with Russia."

6/ It would be a crime if Trump offered to do something official--for instance, change U.S. policy--in exchange for dropping that investigation. But there is no suggestion in the article that he did that.

7/ What the article shows is that a desperate nation paid Cohen at least $400,000 and killed a Manafort probe to help Trump because he's the President of the United States. Russia bet on Trump and won, so Russia's enemy had to change its stance to get "non-aggression" from Trump.

8/ It would be difficult to prove that there was a corrupt exchange in a court of law unless the deal was explicit or heavily implied. Here it probably didn't have to be. I would be surprised if this resulted in charges, but it *should* outrage the public.

9/ Will it receive the same level of coverage as false accusations about "spies" within Trump's campaign? If not, Trump is "winning" by using the power of the presidency (and supporters in his party and at friendly media outlets) to distort our national conversation. /end
https://mobile.twitter.com/renato_mario ... 4628358144

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu May 24, 2018 2:15 am

That concerted period when we heard the campaign chant "Wouldn't it be great if we got along with Russia?" repeated daily takes on a whole new dimension - implying that Russia would have a friend in Trump if he was elected.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 24, 2018 3:31 am

Tero wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 1:37 am
8/ It would be difficult to prove that there was a corrupt exchange in a court of law unless the deal was explicit or heavily implied. Here it probably didn't have to be. I would be surprised if this resulted in charges, but it *should* outrage the public.
It won't outrage 42, that's for sure.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu May 24, 2018 5:36 am

Full Clapper interview can be seen here:
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat May 26, 2018 12:35 am

No Russian ties!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat May 26, 2018 7:15 am

You just don't get it do you? There's nothing illegal about accepting donations from shady businessmen - why, Trump's donated plenty of money over the years.

:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 28, 2018 6:09 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 28, 2018 10:25 pm

@realDonaldTrump wrote: This whole Russia Probe is Rigged. Just an excuse as to why the Dems and
Crooked Hillary lost the Election and States that haven’t been lost in
decades. 13 Angry Democrats, and all Dems if you include the people who
worked for Obama for 8 years. #SPYGATE & CONFLICTS OF INTEREST!

With Spies, or “Informants” as the Democrats like to call them because it
sounds less sinister (but it’s not), all over my campaign, even from a very
early date, why didn’t the crooked highest levels of the FBI or “Justice”
contact me to tell me of the phony Russia problem?

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 28, 2018 11:22 pm

abcnews.com wrote: Republican Sen. Marco Rubio said he sees "no evidence" to support President Trump's claims that the FBI used an informant to gather information on his campaign, but that instead the federal probe was focused on "individuals with a history of links to Russia that were concerning."

"What I have seen is evidence that they were investigating individuals with a history of links to Russia that were concerning," Rubio, a Florida senator who sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee told ABC News Chief Global Affairs Correspondent and "This Week" Co-Anchor Martha Raddatz on Sunday.

"As far as what I have seen to date, it appears that there was an investigation not of the campaign, but of certain individuals who have a history that we should be suspicious of, that predate the presidential campaign of 2015, 2016," Rubio said on "This Week." "And when individuals like that are in the orbit of a major political campaign in America, the FBI, who is in charge of counterintelligence investigations, should look at people like that."...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rubio-a ... d=55444997

Frank Zappa

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 1:24 am
Trump dumbfucks are too fuckin' stupid to comprehend the damage they've done.

Perjurer James Clapper is now the guy we should be listening to? https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 045991001/ - he's the guy who makes the "least untruthful" statements he can make.... lol He was asked directly, “Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions, or hundreds of millions of Americans?” There was no ambiguity or confusion and Clapper responded, “No, sir. … Not wittingly.” That was a lie and Clapper knew it when he said it.

And he's going to lecture others on damage done to the "intelligence community?" Fuck off.

He even lied about his previous lies: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2018/ ... 42982.html
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 29, 2018 2:36 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:45 pm
He even lied about his previous lies: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2018/ ... 42982.html
Fairly ironic you mentioning that...