Trump, the man with a dream of a Wall

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Trump, the man with a dream of a Wall

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:54 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Tero wrote:Irrelevant Trump
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics ... index.html

President influenced most by the last person he played golf with.

What explains that lurching between deal and no deal? The obvious answer is that Trump doesn't have a strong policy background on any issue other than trade. As a result, he is hugely persuadable -- usually by the last person who he talks to.
This is just your lack of familiarity with Trump. What explains his "lurching between deal or no deal?" It's his manner - tactic.
:funny:
Right - he negotiates erratically. He pushes hard, demands a lot, and plays bait and switch games. It's what's worked for him. I'm not saying he's not a dick. I'm saying it's not as if the guy doesn't know what he's doing. These retarded articles like "he just does what the last guy he played golf with says" are ridiculous. It's the wish, the hope, the dream of everyone who hates Trump to simplify it down to "Trump is just evil and an idiot." It keeps people from having to think.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:09 am

It's abundantly clear that he flip flops on major opinions depending on who he last spoke to.

By the way, have a look at this and put it in the right thread - http://qklnk.co/169G78
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:11 am

Axios: FBI director threatened to resign amid Trump, Sessions pressure
Attorney General Jeff Sessions — at the public urging of President Donald Trump — has been pressuring FBI Director Christopher Wray to fire Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, but Wray threatened to resign if McCabe was removed, according to three sources with direct knowledge.

Wray's resignation under those circumstances would have created a media firestorm. The White House — understandably gun-shy after the Comey debacle — didn’t want that scene, so McCabe remains.
Sessions told White House Counsel Don McGahn about how upset Wray was about the pressure on him to fire McCabe, and McGahn told Sessions this issue wasn’t worth losing the FBI Director over, according to a source familiar with the situation.
Why it matters: Trump started his presidency by pressuring one FBI Director (before canning him), and then began pressuring another (this time wanting his deputy canned). This much meddling with the FBI for this long is not normal.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:27 am

My good friend the Norwegian ambassador, not these people from shithole countries...

It’s always the people that treated him as Powerful Dude that he likes to remember.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:01 am

Kelly has too much power: But then Kelly called Schumer to tell him the deal was off.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... t-shutdown

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:47 am

Newsweek: DONALD TRUMP CALLED JOHN KELLY A 'NUT JOB' AND IVANKA IS NOW SEARCHING FOR HIS REPLACEMENT, REPORT CLAIMS

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:14 am

Man arrested after making threatening phone calls to "fake news" CNN.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.washing ... cnn-hosts/

A reminder that words have consequence.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:32 pm

when the henchman is too bossy
“I've Got Another Nut Job Here Who Thinks He's Running Things”: Are Trump and Kelly Heading for Divorce?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/01 ... or-divorce

The diplomat at work:
Trump reportedly uses an Indian accent to mimic Modi at meetings
https://qz.com/1186340/donald-trump-rep ... -meetings/

Government not working! Must get rid of government!
Americans' Trust in Institutions 'Implodes' After Year of Trump
The findings will add fuel to debates in the U.S. about the damage being done to the country’s standing, both domestically and abroad, as Trump’s administration bucks longstanding policy conventions and disrupts global economic relationships.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:17 pm

O.k. so the Democrats caved in and agreed to fund the government.

So, now it's a deal to be made - DACA fix in exchange for Wall/Border Security.

Will the Democrats agree?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:23 pm

Forty Two wrote:O.k. so the Democrats caved in and agreed to fund the government.

So, now it's a deal to be made - DACA fix in exchange for Wall/Border Security.

Will the Democrats agree?
Maybe.

Schumer is supposed to have made such an offer before the shutdown.
When the New York Times first reported it, it seemed unlikely. Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) offered President Trump funding for his wall in exchange for protecting immigrants who entered the country illegally as children? The most powerful Democrat in the Senate was willing to support one of his party’s most-hated proposals, just like that? The Times wrote simply that Schumer “discussed the possibility of fully funding the president’s wall on the southern border with Mexico” — which leaves some wiggle room.

On the floor of the Senate on Saturday, though, Schumer explained that it was almost exactly that: A deal on those covered under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program that would also potentially fund the wall.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:32 pm

"discussed the possibility of..."

"would also 'potentially' fund the wall..."

I'm sure Schumer has discussed the possibility of potentially funding the wall on the southern border. Just as Trump and other Republicans have, at a minimum, discussed the possibility of a potential DACA fix.

The question is, will they agree to a deal. At this point - now that the GOP won the government shutdown battle -- if Trump gets what he wants on the border wall and border security, he can give the Democrats everything they want with DACA, but TRUMP will be able to claim credit for it. He will be able to say "I kept my biggest campaign promise - we have the wall funded -- and a revised border security law -- and we did it at the same time as we compassionately helped those individuals who are here through no fault of their own." about 75% of Republican voters are in favor of helping the kids -- the people who were brought here -- Trump will get a huge win.

Add to that the Tax cut which is resulting in bigger paychecks and massive investment in the US by business and industry, and deregulation an order of magnitude greater than Trump promised in the campaign..... ISIS destroyed (doesn't matter if you say obama had done a lot of the work already -- the campaign promise, which most of the left and Democrats said was a silly bluster, was to destroy ISIS - and they're done)... and a softening now of North Korea thanks to Trump's work with the Chinese and harder line stance.

I mean - Trump gets the wall/border security, and he's really notching up the policy wins.

Say what you want about the guy. But, he's proving his detractors wrong.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:55 pm

“Add to that the Tax cut which is resulting in bigger paychecks and massive investment in the US by business and industry, and deregulation an order of magnitude greater than Bla bla bla”

Yeah yeah. The sheeple will not figure it out even by 2020. You will pay for it, it was just a pay day loan. All you gain now in working years will be taken away later.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:01 pm

Forty Two wrote:"discussed the possibility of..."

I'm sure Schumer has discussed the possibility of potentially funding the wall on the southern border. Just as Trump and other Republicans have, at a minimum, discussed the possibility of a potential DACA fix.

The question is, will they agree to a deal. At this point - now that the GOP won the government shutdown battle -- if Trump gets what he wants on the border wall and border security, he can give the Democrats everything they want with DACA, but TRUMP will be able to claim credit for it. He will be able to say "I kept my biggest campaign promise - we have the wall funded -- and a revised border security law -- and we did it at the same time as we compassionately helped those individuals who are here through no fault of their own." about 75% of Republican voters are in favor of helping the kids -- the people who were brought here -- Trump will get a huge win.

Add to that the Tax cut which is resulting in bigger paychecks and massive investment in the US by business and industry, and deregulation an order of magnitude greater than Trump promised in the campaign..... ISIS destroyed (doesn't matter if you say obama had done a lot of the work already -- the campaign promise, which most of the left and Democrats said was a silly bluster, was to destroy ISIS - and they're done)... and a softening now of North Korea thanks to Trump's work with the Chinese and harder line stance.

I mean - Trump gets the wall/border security, and he's really notching up the policy wins.

And yet, he had an opportunity to get a deal and avert a shutdown, but didn't even get close to taking advantage of it. Parse the words any way you want, the Closer didn't close this one, and that would have been a huge victory.

As it is, he's being slammed for being ineffectual, and not a factor in reaching a compromise.

Say what you want about the guy, he could have played this one better.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Forty Two wrote:"discussed the possibility of..."

Will the Democrats make a deal? You make it sound like the natural order of things is for the Republicans to propose and for the Democrats to compromise.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:22 pm

President Scumbag to put massive tariffs on solar in an attempt to destroy renewables for his scumbag friends in oil. These fuckers don't care how many lives and property they ruin.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguar ... lar-panels

History will not be kind to them.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.