Trump, the man with a dream of a Wall

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Trump, the man with a dream of a Wall

Post by Tero » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:15 am

The fact that President Trump and Vice President Pence continue to deny making concessions in public suggests that they believe their own propaganda—always a dangerous thing for politicians to do—and that they still do not understand the nature of the problem they are confronting. Thus, the idea that North Korea will merely give up its nuclear weapons under US pressure and/or that this outcome will occur quickly without a lengthy negotiation appears to be wishful thinking. This too does not bode well for future negotiations because under any realistic scenario, denuclearization of the North can only be the result of a process not a precondition to that process
https://www.38north.org/2018/04/sblank041818/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:38 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:52 am

#LyinComey
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 pm

The gift that keps giving to GOP:
Trump declared he's running again. Many Republicans aren't ready to back him.
Trump could face a primary challenger in 2020, though many Republicans on the Hill don't think it's possible that any viable challenger will emerge. Arizona Sen Jeff Flake, a frequent Trump critic who is retiring at year's end, won't rule out a potential primary challenge against the President. And he contended that Trump's staunch support within the party could weaken by the 2020 primary season.

"I wouldn't gauge what support there is a year-and-a-half from now from what support there is now," Flake told CNN. "Certainly, now, this is Donald Trump's party. The base is with him in a big way. Believe me, we all know. But that's not to say that will hold."

It's highly unusual for sitting presidents to face primaries --- much less serious contenders. In 1992, George H.W. Bush fended off a challenge from Pat Buchanan, who ran a populist campaign against the sitting GOP president but didn't win a single primary. In 1980, President Jimmy Carter faced a fierce primary from then-Sen. Ted Kennedy...

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:29 am

The old chestnut:

A country gets the government it deserves.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:22 pm

Scumbag who President Scumbag has invited onto his scumbag cabinet as head of NASA to scum up the place.

https://www.themaven.net/theintellectua ... 8g/?full=1
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Has he drained the swamp yet? It should be drained any day now, right?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:29 pm

The only swamps his scumbag party will be draining are actual swamps, full of rare and unique species, so they can build condos.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:57 am

Only in America: the church of Donald!
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... cbn-218008

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Trump will be gone soon and all the stupid things he did reversed.

-just trying to help

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:26 am

For a racist, it’s race or country whatever is convenient:

Tribal leaders want an exemption from new Medicaid work rules being introduced in several states, and they say there are precedents for health care exceptions. Native Americans don’t have to pay penalties for not having health coverage under Obamacare’s individual mandate, for instance.

But the Trump administration contends the tribes are a race rather than separate governments, and exempting them from Medicaid work rules — which have been approved in three states and are being sought by at least 10 others — would be illegal preferential treatment. “HHS believes that such an exemption would raise constitutional and federal civil rights law concerns,” according to a review by administration lawyers.

The Health and Human Services Department confirmed it rebuffed the tribes’ request on the Medicaid rules several times. Seema Verma, administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, conveyed the decision in January, and officials communicated it most recently at a meeting with the tribes this month.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/ ... ing-492794
But natives are foreigners after all! They are like..Asians in North America?!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:34 am

Sean Hayden wrote:Trump will be gone soon and all the stupid things he did reversed.
Trump will be gone (eventually), but it's not clear that all the stupid things he did will be reversed. It's clear with the disruption of regular politics happening all around the world that Trump won't be the last, nor even the worst, dangerous idiot that you will see as President. This is the truly scary thing.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:40 am

Maybe, but I'm encouraged by the number of Republicans who have seen the light. Also, I don't think we've experienced any kind of reversal of trends regarding our political positions, and they have been moving to the left for years. Isn't that why Trump is such a big deal? Because he is "out of touch". He lost the popular vote, and he was running against Hillary who had just stolen the nomination and was being investigated by the FBI. :dunno:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:54 am

Trump was (mistakenly) elected because people are sick of the lying and corruption of elite professional politicians. Politics no longer represents the people. It's an elite club of rich people, from politicians to corporations to media, looking after themselves. Until that changes, an under-educated population is going to keep electing dangerous idiots and people totally unsuited to run a country.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:00 am

Oh well, it's hard to see how politics has ever been anything but an elite club of rich people. Thankfully, even fat rich fucks can do good work for "the people".