Trump to return Occupied Territory to Mexico.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Trump to return Occupied Territory to Mexico.

Post by rainbow » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 pm

I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Trump to return Occupied Territory to Mexico.

Post by Tero » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Heh.

But I started a ”make fun of” thread. Just for these.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:36 pm

That dude (Mexican Prez?; edit: thought it looked like Abbass, but that makes no sense as it's about Mexico :think: ) is crushing Trump's handshake. And by the look on Trump's face he's feeling it. :)
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Mexican independence from Spain in 1810 to 1821 = legitimate, because everyone knows that New Spain was a legitimate colonial holding, and not the illegitimate "stolen land" like the United States. Canada too was just fine. The US is stolen land. Canada and Mexico, are not.
Texas independence from Mexico in 1836 = not legitimate. Santa Ana, who usurped Mexico and overturned the young Mexican Constitution, had every right to Texas.
Therefore, Mexican invasions of Texas in 1842 were not really violations of the Treaties of Velasco and were not really invasions, as the Treaties of Velasco didn't really mean that Texas was really independent of Mexico. Even when Santa Ana loses his bid to prevent Texas Independence and signs a treaty granting independence, he still gets to make a rightful claim to ownership of Texas.
The citizens of Texas in 1845 voted to join the United States, rather than remain independent or rejoin the far nicer Mexican empire, and the US agreed, making it the 28th state.
Mexico invaded yet again, and the US beat the shit out of Mexico captured Mexico City (which is improper because beating back an invader and taking their capital is wholly improper in war) and entered the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo wherein Mexico officially (but illegally) agreed to Texas being part of the US, and the border between the US and Mexico following the Rio Grand to the Pacific, ceding California, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah areas to the US.

Mexico's rightful claims are hard to deny.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Mexican independence from Spain in 1810 to 1821 = legitimate, because everyone knows that New Spain was a legitimate colonial holding, and not the illegitimate "stolen land" like the United States. Canada too was just fine. The US is stolen land. Canada and Mexico, are not.
Texas independence from Mexico in 1836 = not legitimate. Santa Ana, who usurped Mexico and overturned the young Mexican Constitution, had every right to Texas, and even though the Texians fought for independence and won it officially under the Treaties of Velasco, they really are rightfully Mexicans because all former Spanish holdings in New Spain are properly holdings of the Mexican empire and/or the Mexican Republic.
Therefore, Mexican invasions of Texas in 1842 were not really violations of the Treaties of Velasco and were not really invasions at all, as the Treaties of Velasco didn't really mean that Texas was really independent of Mexico. Even when Santa Ana lost his bid to prevent Texas Independence and signed a treaty granting independence, he still had a rightful claim to ownership of Texas.
The citizens of Texas in 1845 voted to join the United States, rather than remain independent or rejoin the far nicer Mexican empire, and the US agreed, making it the 28th state. But that's clearly improper.
Mexico, therefore, invaded yet again, and the US wrongfully beat the shit out of Mexico and captured Mexico City (which was clearly improper because beating back an invader and taking their capital is wholly improper in war) and entered the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo wherein Mexico officially (but illegally) agreed to Texas being part of the US, and the border between the US and Mexico following the Rio Grand to the Pacific, ceding California, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah areas to the US.

Mexico's rightful claims are hard to deny.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:01 pm

You can say that again... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!