Real conspiracies

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Real conspiracies

Post by mistermack » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Like I just said on another thread, I believe that there are loads of real conspiracies going on, right in front of our eyes.

Not the crazy ones, like covering up aliens, but day to day ones, so mundane that you can easily miss them.

Like I said on the other thread, a big one, is the attempt to absolve Liverpool fans of any blame whatsoever for the Hillsborough tragedy. When inquests and coroners didn't give the required verdicts, they were rubbished and replaced with ones that definitely WOULD.

Another big UK conspiracy is the one to keep the royal family popular.
Virtually every evening, on the UK news, on all channels, there is a royal spot, showing one or other of the royal family in a favourable light. Some obscure charity gets a royal to say a few "sincere" words about how lovely they are, in the hope that it will bring in donations. When the whole object of the exercise is just to big up the royals.
This really does qualify for a conspiracy, it's propaganda, disguised as news, on EVERY channel.

You're getting the same thing about womens sport as well. Women's soccer, rugby, boxing and the like are being pushed way in excess of their actual popularity by the media. The agreed message is that it's just as exiting and interesting as men's soccer, for example. Even though the paying public, both men and women, beg to disagree.

Multiculturism is good. That's another message we are constantly fed by the media.
There are levers pulled behind the scenes to make sure that high percentages of commercials have token blacks on show. The message is that multi ethnicity is good, normal and desirable.
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But I don't like being forced to pay for my own indoctrination.

And of course there is the Brexit conspiracy. Which failed, in spite of UKIP and anybody who supported it being constantly mocked and villified in the media.
I didn't vote at all in the referendum, I like Farage, but not everything he says, and I dislike a lot of the people in UKIP. But anyone who has eyes and ears should be able to see the conspiracy of bias that was levelled against them in the media. In spite of which they won. And they won the European elections.
That's one conspiracy that hasn't worked. Although it must have had some effect.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Real conspiracies

Post by Animavore » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Most of what you mentioned aren't conspiracies.

Here's a real one for you. The fossil industry fronting organisations like the Heartland Institute to muddy the waters on climate change, in many cases using the same players who colluded with the tobacco industry to try cast doubt on the link to cancer, paying unscrupulous scientists 6 figure sums to write "science papers" in worthless, pay-to-publish "science" journals, and forking out for a network of "skeptics" to write dissenting voices in the comments sections of every article on climate change they see.

Even more egregious is they've managed to fund the leading party in America to tow the industry line. Including their worthless, witless, and weak "President". They've even managed to infiltrate government and its bodies, like the EPA and NASA, with their own cabal of lying scum who are all traitors, selling off the welfare of the people, their property, their land, their health, their lives, so they can amass personal fortunes and wreak massive environmental havoc in the procedure.

There's your conspiracy right there.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:06 pm

You might well be right. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were backroom meetings, coordinating a campaign against the global warming position. It's not a big secret though. A lot of it is done in a fairly upfront way.
And there is a similar movement on the alarmist side, to advance propaganda for a very biased message.

It's not exactly Bay of Pigs standard, or Watergate though.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:11 pm

There is no propaganda on the opposite side. In fact their is no "opposite side. Just facts and those who don't accept them.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Animavore wrote:There is no propaganda on the opposite side. In fact their is no "opposite side. Just facts and those who don't accept them.
Not to mention the vested interests who dupe the likes of MM.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Rum wrote:
Animavore wrote:There is no propaganda on the opposite side. In fact their is no "opposite side. Just facts and those who don't accept them.
Not to mention the vested interests who dupe the likes of MM.
And like all perfect dupes (think Christians who think non-believers have been tricked by the Devil) he thinks it's everyone else who is duped.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 pm

I'm a great believer in the idea of 'hegemony', the notion that the dominant culture/political system overwhelms any opposition. Gramsci - a marxist thinker termed it as the notion that the ruling class can manipulate the value system, mental 'landscape' if you will and mores of a society, so that their view becomes the world view and that any other is simply and rightfully dismissed as nonsense.

America has done this exceedingly well - to the point where the notion that any system other than capitalism is simply a non-starter, that financial competition is the best means of achieving 'progress', that profit should be the main driver for human endeavour, that companies' loyalties are first and foremost to their shareholders. A worldview that now dominates the globe and is bringing us to the verge of global catastrophe.

This is the greatest conspiracy of all. It doesn't take the mind boggling complex machinations and planning that Glaxo's world view would require, nor the doom laded negativity of Scrumple's outlook - nor for that matter the ill informed cynicism of the likes of MisterMuck.

All it takes if for us to believe that America and the system it has so successfully infected most of the world with is the only one possible.

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:58 pm

There's been a long-running conspiracy in the British legal system, to push the notion that innocent people don't get convicted. The whole system is tilted against the wrongfully convicted, just to maintain the fiction that convictions are safe.

There have been innocent people who have been proved innocent by dna, who have had appeal after appeal turned down by judges who are determined to prove that our courts don't get it wrong.
The conspiracy reaches all the way up to the Home Secretary, who have done their best over the years to keep innocent people in jug, just to save face for our courts.

I'm betting that the same applies all over the world. A genuine worldwide conspiracy.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:14 am

Police may get promotions based on number of arrests made that lead to convictions. So, always arrest the husband when the wife is killed. Half the time he can't prove where he was.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:59 am

Animavore wrote:Most of what you mentioned aren't conspiracies.

Here's a real one for you. The fossil industry fronting organisations like the Heartland Institute to muddy the waters on climate change, in many cases using the same players who colluded with the tobacco industry to try cast doubt on the link to cancer, paying unscrupulous scientists 6 figure sums to write "science papers" in worthless, pay-to-publish "science" journals, and forking out for a network of "skeptics" to write dissenting voices in the comments sections of every article on climate change they see.

Even more egregious is they've managed to fund the leading party in America to tow the industry line. Including their worthless, witless, and weak "President". They've even managed to infiltrate government and its bodies, like the EPA and NASA, with their own cabal of lying scum who are all traitors, selling off the welfare of the people, their property, their land, their health, their lives, so they can amass personal fortunes and wreak massive environmental havoc in the procedure.

There's your conspiracy right there.
:clap:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:42 am

Here's one. While the Brexiteers on the left may have political/philosophical objections to being subsumed within a European Federal state, the ardent Brexiteers on the active right have distinct totalitarian inclinations and long-standing plans by which they hope to bring about an economic crisis as a prerequisite to the imposition of authoritarian rule. Many of our fundamental liberties and freedoms have be subordinated to the idea of The Terror, but many more can be curtailed in the face of widespread civil unrest. Fascism, like any other political system, is a form of economics, and Fascist governments like nothing more than war against the people - it legitimises their existence while affording them economic dominion - and so generating and managing unrest and disaffection is a necessary and ongoing project for any self-respecting Fascist regime. A key step in this process is to redefine civil order as being subject to policing by force over policing by consent. Branding objectors as unpatriotic 'enemies of the people', 'enemies of freedom', saboteurs, and mutineers etc is also necessary, along with restricting access to justice, curtailing the independence of the judiciary while implementing broader forms of summary justice, and the integration of public services into the bureaucratic operation of state oppression.

But hey, it's just a theory, right?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:57 pm

???

Have you just swallowed a dictionary?

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Amazing how m*st*rm*ck's "real conspiracies" are fundamentally indistinguishable from the base, baseless conspiracies proffered by witless basketcases.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:19 pm

mistermack wrote:???

If you had trouble understanding any of the words I typed you need only ask.

;)
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:36 am

mistermack wrote:???

:lol: He does have that tendency, doesn't he?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.