Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing OK

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing O

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:30 am

Bogus Jnr.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:37 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller
Deutsche Bank, Donald Trump’s biggest lender, is forced to submit documents after special prosecutor issues subpoena
Slowly, slowly the big machine is catching up.

#fakenews! :{D
Bloomberg in embarrassing climbdown after it admits it was WRONG to say Mueller was going through Trump's bank records
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l#comments
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:59 am

Mean, I know, but he mocks disabled people, so fuck him.

It looks like his bottom teeth are falling out
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Tyrannical wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller
Deutsche Bank, Donald Trump’s biggest lender, is forced to submit documents after special prosecutor issues subpoena

Bloomberg in embarrassing climbdown after it admits it was WRONG to say Mueller was going through Trump's bank records
Yours is fake news.

Yes, Deutsche Bank did get a subpoena from Mueller
Donald Trump’s lawyer denies that US special counsel Robert Mueller subpoenaed Deutsche Bank. We stand by our story – which never said Mr. Trump’s own records were requested.

That exclusive report prompted a denial from Mr. Trump’s personal attorney John Dowd. “We have confirmed that the news reports that the special counsel had subpoenaed financial records relating to the president are false. No subpoena has been issued or received. We have confirmed this with the bank and other sources,” he wrote in an email.

To be clear, we never wrote that Mr. Mueller had definitely subpoenaed financial records relating to the president. To quote our own story: “It remains unclear whether Mr. Mueller requested information on President Trump’s own business dealings with Deutsche Bank or on those of people close to him.”
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:59 am

:demon: Palestinians recognize Texas as part of Mexico
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/12/pa ... rt-mexico/

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:54 am

OK, there is only one response here...

Forget the Alamo...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:09 pm

DRSB wrote::demon: Palestinians recognize Texas as part of Mexico
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/12/pa ... rt-mexico/
That's their prerogative. They can recognize anything they want. However, the analogy is obviously imperfect because in the case of Texas it would be a situation where the UN resolved that Texas was to be split into north and south Texas, and the US agreed but Mexico rejected it. Then Mexico invaded the US to try to take Texas in total, and the US beat them back and occupied all of Texas including South Texas, with Mexico now claiming that despite their aggressive invasion and military loss, they are entitled to ownership of Texas.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tyrannical wrote:

Yours is fake news.

Yes, Deutsche Bank did get a subpoena from Mueller
Donald Trump’s lawyer denies that US special counsel Robert Mueller subpoenaed Deutsche Bank. We stand by our story – which never said Mr. Trump’s own records were requested.

That exclusive report prompted a denial from Mr. Trump’s personal attorney John Dowd. “We have confirmed that the news reports that the special counsel had subpoenaed financial records relating to the president are false. No subpoena has been issued or received. We have confirmed this with the bank and other sources,” he wrote in an email.

To be clear, we never wrote that Mr. Mueller had definitely subpoenaed financial records relating to the president. To quote our own story: “It remains unclear whether Mr. Mueller requested information on President Trump’s own business dealings with Deutsche Bank or on those of people close to him.”
They never wrote "definitely" https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... by-mueller - but, they did say that Mueller had "zeroed in" on Trump by subpoenaing bank records. LOL. The attached link shows a correction by eliminating the reference to "zeroing in" on Trump. In American dialect, "zeroing in" relates to targeting and directing firepower against a particular target - Trump.

Note, the Guardian says that "someone close to" Deutsche bank (not the Deutsche bank or an employee thereof, but "close to" Deutsche bank -- who is that? LOL), said that the subpoena was directed to "affiliates" of trump and people with "links to" trump. What does it take to have "links" to a person? It could be someone like Flynn or Manafort - or it could just be someone who was an owner or manager of a company with whom a Trump enterprise did business. It tells us nothing, and the article tells us nothing. What's ridiculous is that the Guardian doesn't even pretend to know what it's reporting? Did the writer see a copy of the subpoena? Did the person "close to" Deutsche bank say who was subpoenaed, and for what? Why not? If the person "close to" Deutsche bank did not disclose that, did he or she even know?

Bottom line of what we know from the news reports - Mueller apparently subpoenaed Deutsche bank for some kind of records, but we don't know what, related to a person who is not Trump, but we don't know who, and it would be someone who - if the news reports are trusted - has "links" to Trump or is an "affiliate" of Trump.

And, this information sent media folks and anti-Trumpers into a spin of "we got 'em!" He'll be impeached and in jail soon. LOL.

We'll see what the records show. Maybe it's the records of a foreign owned corporation getting payments from the Trump organization to create a file of negative information on his opponent in the 2016 election. Would that be wrong? Not sure...
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Trump base
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/politics/ ... index.html

Hard to imagine how they think and what they want from Trump. My guess is the Trump effect is about 2 years. If nothing happens to help them personally, Trump is toast about a year from now.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:46 am

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:31 am

I read a joke today: Russia will miss out on the Olympic games but it will have a chance to play again at the next US-elections.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:54 am

Perhaps Mueller hasn't got detailed information about Trump's relationship with Deutsche Bank, or perhaps he has. It would make perfect sense if he did, though.
In Collusion, Harding details Trump's attempts in 2008 to default on some $330 million he owed Deutsche Bank for its help financing the construction of the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago. The bank sued to force Trump to pay a portion of the debt: $40 million plus legal fees and interest. This was the middle of the financial crisis, a fact Trump tried to leverage in court, arguing he should not have to repay money he owed Deutsche Bank because it was "one of the banks primarily responsible for the economic dysfunction we are currently facing." In fact, Trump went on, because of the bank's role in creating this "once-in-a-century credit tsunami," Deutsche Bank owed him money, to the tune of $3 billion in damages.

Trump's case, of course, was thrown out. But that's where this story gets interesting: After a judge ordered Trump to repay the money he owed Deutsche Bank, Trump did it using money he borrowed from... Deutsche Bank. He paid the bank's real estate division back with money borrowed from its personal wealth division.

Harding writes:

"The decision to keep lending to Trump was unusual, bizarre even. Deutsche Bank employees in New York were surprised. Asked whether it was normal to give money to a customer who was a bad credit risk and a litigant, one former senior Deutsche Bank staff member said: ‘Are you fucking kidding me?'"

After the original loan, the same division of the bank continued to lend to Trump: "He took out two mortgages against Trump National Doral resort in Miami. And a $170 million loan to finish his hotel in Washington in the old post office tower." Bloomberg estimates that upon his inauguration, Trump owed Deutsche Bank $300 million, loans that were due in 2023 and 2024, respectively.

Most interesting of all, though, is what Harding goes on to detail: Around the same time Deutsche Bank's private wealth division was granting these extraordinary loans to Trump, business in the bank's new Moscow branch was booming, thanks to the fact that it owned basically all of the business of Vneshtorgbank, or VTB – the Kremlin bank. (The then CEO of Goldman Sachs Moscow told Harding, "the nature and concentration of their business with VTB [was] quite galling. Nobody else could touch VTB.") It would later emerge that during this time, Deutsche Bank Moscow was laundering billions of dollars for friends of the Kremlin, money that ultimately flowed through the bank's New York and London branches.

It's clear, Harding tells Rolling Stone, that Deutsche Bank Moscow "was compromised" and did this "unseemly, Faust-like deal with VTB to make very big profits, very quickly and to stun its rivals in Moscow, other investment banks, just by having the right people with the right FSB connections."

Deutsche Bank would ultimately be fined $475 million by the New York State Department of Financial Services, and an additional £163 million by London's Financial Conduct Authority, over the money-laundering scheme.

"There are these two parallel lines," Harding says. "One is the capture of Deutsche Bank Moscow by VTB – which is basically the FSB, the Russian spy agency. [VTB] practically took over Deutsche Bank Moscow. And the other line is Deutsche New York's extraordinary lending to Trump.

"Deutsche Bank New York, even though he sued them, even though he wrote them one of the most ridiculous writs in legal history, continued to lend very large sums to Trump, while simultaneously its Moscow division was running a – I was going to say elaborate, but in fact it was actually quite crude – large-scale money laundering scheme for Kremlin VIPs, who are still anonymous, from which Deutsche Bank London and Deutsche Bank New York made big profits," he says.
Now to sit back and wait for somebody to come along tell tales of how it would be the height of gullibility to take anything printed in Rolling Stone seriously. Bogus story. :smoke:
Last edited by L'Emmerdeur on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:04 am

Of course a deutsche like Trump would use the Deutsche Bank.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:57 am

No end to the scumbaggery in sight.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/36 ... g-discount
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 am