Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing OK

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing O

Post by laklak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:24 pm

I don't know much about FDA or EPA regulations, never had to deal with them. I dealt a lot with USDA, though, and had my issues with them, but I don't have to deal with them any longer either. What I do deal with is tax and accounting stuff imposed by Obama, and now at least partially removed by Trump. The Obama administration was distinctly anti-small business and pro massive corporate business. His tax and accounting laws, particularly in recognizing business expenses, pass thru income from an S type or LLC, and depreciation schedules cost me, personally, a lot of money. For big corporations they had little or no effect, but it seriously affected me and every other small business owner I know, from attorneys to beekeepers to carpenters. Trump has not yet addressed capital gains, which is something that desperately needs an overhaul, but what he's done has me seriously reconsidering whether to sell up everything or not. I might actually be able to turn a reasonable profit off my properties now instead of just scraping by. We'll see what happens.

With hindsight, and from a personal, selfish perspective - I should have voted for him.

On second thought, the new regulations about business expenses might make a capital gains overhaul unnecessary, as I can now deduct the entire cost of property improvements from any profit I accrue when I sell. This is a rational, realistic approach that does not penalize those willing to bet their money, sweat, and time on a project.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:49 pm

So you need and accountant. So so I. My new one saved me 1000 by refiling my 2014 tax that the previous one forgot a college tuition credit.

But there was always the simple form. For the poor.

And when you change tax law, someone always gains, someone loses. Nothing new. The poor pay no tax.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Blithering authoritarian Il Douche carries on as always--

'Trump Once Again Threatens to Change Federal Libel Laws That Don’t Exist'
In the latest in a long line of attacks on freedom of the press, President Trump has once again threatened today to change libel laws to make it easier to sue news organizations, publishers, and others after the publication of an unflattering book.

“We are going to take a strong look at our country’s libel laws so that when somebody says something that is false and defamatory about someone, that person will have meaningful recourse in our courts,” Trump said.

Fortunately, there are two strong obstacles standing in his way. Chief among them is the First Amendment, which clearly protects freedom of the press. But the other main barrier is the inconvenient fact that there is no federal libel law for President Trump to bully Congress to change. Libel cases are based on state laws, which neither the president nor Congress has control over because of our nation’s federalist system.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 am

Forty Two wrote:The US is by far the largest exporter of food in the world.
That's not really true. The Netherlands is not far behind in total exports, and the US actually imports more than it exports, so in net exports, the Netherlands is way ahead of the US.

https://knoema.com/cduhihd/world-export ... l-products
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:33 am

Tero wrote:Trump has almost 100% record of siding with the bigger player, stronger side or majority vs minority in any fight. Now
Donald Trump Has Sold Out Family Farmers
Trump claims he’s “fighting for our farmers,” but his policies mainly benefit agribusiness.
https://www.thenation.com/article/donal ... y-farmers/
Agribusiness are farmers too you know...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:44 am

Forty Two wrote:
laklak wrote:No, Mikey, you're not a Muslim. You're fat and greasy and definitely not Halal.
Indeed, his pork content may disqualify him.....

Hang on a sec, I have to run down to the corner to the Blowjob Clinic, which, since men rule the world, like all things men need and want, is legal and free at the point of service.
Most men get blowjobs from their partners. Perhaps your wife could spend less time shopping for you and more time searching for your micro-penis?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:45 am

Tero wrote:The FDA and EPA have no unnecessary regulations. Yet Trump chooses to mess with them. ”There is no global warming” is what his base wants to hear.

Name some regulations that are frivolous.
He was asked this a couple of weeks ago, and quelle surprise he ignored it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:03 am

Yay! Another wasteful US government programme has been eliminated.

'Trump administration ends registry for substance abuse, mental health programs'
The federal government has ended a national registry designed to provide information to the public about evidence-based mental health and substance use interventions and programs.

The National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices, which is funded and administered by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), has existed since 1997 to help people, agencies and organizations identify and implement evidence-based behavioral health programs and practices in their communities, according to the website.

But the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the department under HHS that manages the program, wrote on its website that the contract for the database had been discontinued.

SAMHSA is still "very focused on the development and implementation of evidence-based programs in communities across the nation," the notice says.

SAMHSA's in-house "policy lab" will "lead the effort to reconfigure its approach to identifying and disseminating evidence-base practice and programs."

Because the contract has ended, the database will no longer be updated.

A spokesperson for SAMHSA has not responded to request for comment.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:18 am

I love this.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
laklak wrote:No, Mikey, you're not a Muslim. You're fat and greasy and definitely not Halal.

Hang on a sec, I have to run down to the corner to the Blowjob Clinic, which, since men rule the world, like all things men need and want, is legal and free at the point of service.
Most men get blowjobs from their partners. Perhaps your wife could spend less time shopping for you and more time searching for your micro-penis?
WTF? Give it a rest mate. You wouldn't stand for that kind of shit. :nono:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 am

More evidence of his feeble mind:

Donald Trump says US could 'go back' into Paris climate agreement
The President says he feels 'very strongly about the environment'
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:43 am

He says the US could "compete", yet he wants to prop failing fossil industries. If he truly wants to compete he should be divesting from fossil and funding and supporting the growing renewables industry.

Obama's clean energy plan was going to do just that and create millions of jobs at the same time.

When he said the US gets a "bad deal" he means the fossil industry does. And that's how it should be. Any energy company unwilling to change with the market should disappear just like Blockbuster. There's no sense in pumping 10 billion of taxpayers money into coal just to create mountains of unsellable produce.

Yet again Trump, in being to impetuous in trying to dismantle an agreement by the black man who dissed him, shows how myopic and backward-thinking he is on his approach to leadership.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:56 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

WTF? Give it a rest mate. You wouldn't stand for that kind of shit. :nono:
I was just pointing out how stupid his point was. But he might not get it due to a number of factors that I mentioned.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Animavore wrote:He says the US could "compete", yet he wants to prop failing fossil industries. If he truly wants to compete he should be divesting from fossil and funding and supporting the growing renewables industry.
What do you mean "divest?" The US government doesn't own or fund the fossil fuel industry.
Animavore wrote:
Obama's clean energy plan was going to do just that and create millions of jobs at the same time.
That may have been the intent, but he subsidized scams like Solyndra and they went belly up and/or produced very little.
Animavore wrote:
When he said the US gets a "bad deal" he means the fossil industry does. And that's how it should be. Any energy company unwilling to change with the market should disappear just like Blockbuster. There's no sense in pumping 10 billion of taxpayers money into coal just to create mountains of unsellable produce.
Netflix and Amazon etc didn't beat Blockbuster by being subsidized by the government.

Animavore wrote: Yet again Trump, in being to impetuous in trying to dismantle an agreement by the black man who dissed him, shows how myopic and backward-thinking he is on his approach to leadership.
I think your underlying premise, that the US funds the fossil fuel industry and has not funded solar and other is simply incorrect. Oil and coal do not receive funding, but solar and others do/did. The "subsidies" the oil industry was accused of getting are essentially tax deductions and such that all businesses get, not focused only on the oil industry.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Put all them early retirees that are poor as well back to handing out shopping carts at Wal Mart
Major shift as Trump opens way for Medicaid work requirement
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... nt-n836756

Or they could just cut off most of Medicaid for adults? Send them all to work slavery!
Nearly 60 percent work either full time or part time, mainly for employers that don't offer health insurance. Most who are not working report reasons such as illness, caring for a family member or going to school. Some Medicaid recipients say the coverage has enabled them to get healthy enough to return to work.
Last edited by Tero on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...