Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing OK

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing O

Post by Animavore » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:10 am

Trump's mental health, or lack Of affects other's mental health.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/d ... ncna827251

No shit. :twitch:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:17 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Why is he still campaigning?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Massaging his ego. The real facts about his popularity are beyond his two cells.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Criminal scum.

[quote="Alan C";p="2602827"]Meanwhile, that corrupt mandarin baboon's ballsack is facilitating this;

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 01126.html

and this;

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 01096.html

It's fucking criminal how the EPA has been turned into a bastardisation of itself under the watch of that unmitigated fuckknuckle Pruitt.[/quote]

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:32 am

Franken had to quit as his main thing was truth. He could not go with any half truths.

Trump’s job, for his base, IS to lie. They only follow if he lies.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/don ... 99636.html

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:34 am

I hope he's wrong, but these days, you never know...

The Mueller Investigation Is in Mortal Danger
It is almost a maxim of the Trump era that the bounds of the unthinkable continuously shrink. The capitulation to Moore was a dry run for the coming assault on the rule of law.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:40 am

Shouldn't that be that the bounds for the unthinkable continuously grow?

I mean, I thought that it would be impossible for a candidate for the leadership of a civilised country be clearly identified as a lecherous, venal fool and then actually elected. My sense of what is unthinkable has definitely grown...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:52 am

I think it's accurate. What we see is that fewer things in US politics have become 'unthinkable' in the era of the Bogus administration.
Yes, “some conspiratorial quid pro quo between somebody in the Trump campaign and somebody representing Vladimir Putin” is “possible,” allowed Wall Street Journal columnist Holman Jenkins, but “we would be stupid not to understand that other countries have a stake in the outcome of our elections and, by omission or commission, try to advance their interests. This is reality.” The notion of a criminal conspiracy by a hostile nation to intervene in the election in return for pliant foreign policy has gone from unthinkable to blasé, an offense only to naïve bourgeois morality.
Seems to me I've read very similar musings somewhere....

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 am

JimC wrote:Shouldn't that be that the bounds for the unthinkable continuously grow?
"pushed back", perhaps?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:40 am

Maybe I was confusing the unthinkable with the boundary...

However, we all know what was meant...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:56 pm

There'll be a push back against it in the end. The new puritanism cannot come soon enough.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Make sure you revisit the Trump stories - three media screw ups in one week. https://www.axios.com/the-medias-russia ... 78886.html
The misses

Flynn's testimony: Last Friday, ABC News reported that former national security advisor Michael Flynn was prepared to testify that President Trump, while still a candidate, directed him to contact Russian officials. But later in the day, the network issued a "clarification" that the direction came when Trump was president-elect. That changed the impact of the story entirely as it's a common occurrence for presidential transition teams to reach out to foreign governments.

Deutsche Bank subpoena: Reuters and Bloomberg both reported on Tuesday that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation had subpoenaed Deutsche Bank for information on accounts relating to President Trump and his family members — seemingly confirming that Mueller had expanded his probe to investigate the president's financial dealings. The WSJ defused that bombshell in a follow-up report stating that the subpoenas actually dealt with "people or entities close to Mr. Trump."

WikiLeaks emails: CNN reported this morning that senior Trump campaign officials, including Trump himself, received an email from an unknown sender on September 4, 2016 that linked them to what could have been unreleased WikiLeaks documents. WaPo issued their own report later in the afternoon that the email was actually sent on September 14 — and linked to a trove of documents that WikiLeaks had publicly released a day earlier.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:28 pm

As usual you can always count on President Scumbag to completely contradict his vacant self.

Amoral fuck bucket.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:32 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka