Trump Tax Cut Proposal Underway

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Trump Tax Cut Proposal Underway

Post by Tero » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Need a Democratic tea party:
A conference committee of lawmakers from the House and Senate is expected to form next week. Leaders in Congress say they hope to have a bill for Trump to sign by Christmas.

If that happens, the governors said, they will consider legal action. Since the federal income tax was imposed just before World War I, it has excluded state and local taxes.

“We are looking at the legality now,” Cuomo said. “This has been in the tax code since it started, over 100 years. This is double taxation — they are taxing taxes.”

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Joseph Ellis: GOP is trying to erase over 100 years of history.

The Republican tax plan is still in the process of becoming law, but already several enduring features of the new American landscape it creates are clear for all to see.

It redistributes income upward from the middle class to the donor class at the top, thereby increasing economic inequality. It is as if the captain of the Titanic, upon setting sail, ordered the crew to take on ice.

It significantly increases the national debt, thus exposing all the deficit hawks in the Republican Party as chickens. The current chickens intend to recreate themselves as hawks, duplicitously decry the deficit they have just created, and then demand significant cuts in Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. The brazen hypocrisy of it all defies paradox.

The way it passed is prime material for a feature film or miniseries entitled "The Decline and Fall of the Senate" or perhaps "Machiavelli was Naïve." Passed in the dead of night without even knowing what is in the bill because the text itself remained an unfinished, partially handwritten draft, this is the kind of scene a documentary scriptwriter would not have dared make up.

Now we know what "Again" means in the Trump campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again." It means the Gilded Age of late 19th-century America. This in turn means erasing most of the 20th century, to dismantle the political legacies of the Great Society, the New Deal, and the Progressive Movement. It means going back to the future when titans named Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Carnegie and Morgan wielded more power than presidents. It means accepting embedded economic inequality as the natural order.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/05/opini ... index.html
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Trump Tax Bill Exempts Just One College From Endowment Tax. It’s Owned By Betsy DeVos.
http://politicaldig.com/trump-tax-bill- ... tsy-devos/

They're not even trying to not act like scum.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Idiot Home Depot founder. Only the business tax lowering has any potential of trickle down, and not likely even that
The Republican effort to overhaul the nation's tax code would "unleash economic forces" and undermine any doomsday predictions from Democrats, Ken Langone told CNBC on Monday.

"I listen to [Senate Democratic leader] Chuck Schumer, and the end of the world is coming with this tax bill," the billionaire GOP businessman said in a "Squawk Box" interview.

"My guess is [it's] the end of the world for the Democratic Party because if this tax bill, in my opinion, passes it's going to unleash economic forces all to the good for a lot of people," contended the co-founder of Home Depot.

Langone was referring to criticism levied by Schumer ahead of the early Saturday passage of the Senate's version of a bill that aims to cut taxes on working Americans and U.S. corporations. "Historians will mark this day as one of the darkest black-letter days in the long history of this Senate," Schumer said as he tried to delay the vote.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/democra ... ngone.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Senate bill ends up taxing businesses under alternative minimum tax
https://slate.com/business/2017/12/sena ... -bill.html

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Taxation is theft.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Tero wrote:Need a Democratic tea party:
A conference committee of lawmakers from the House and Senate is expected to form next week. Leaders in Congress say they hope to have a bill for Trump to sign by Christmas.

If that happens, the governors said, they will consider legal action. Since the federal income tax was imposed just before World War I, it has excluded state and local taxes.

“We are looking at the legality now,” Cuomo said. “This has been in the tax code since it started, over 100 years. This is double taxation — they are taxing taxes.”
A Democratic tea party made up of the richest 5% angry at getting State and Local tax deductions axed :drunk:

Elimination of the State and Local tax deduction at the Federal kills Democrats.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Republicans: Get taxed twice!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:05 pm

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:44 pm

pErvinalia wrote:Taxation is theft.
Unless you only spend it on the military, police, prisons, elected representatives, or roads.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Holy crap! Who knew taxes were so complicated? Or being president!
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/ ... ans-208049
He should have stuck to Muslims and goofy ideas about trade.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:35 am

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:47 am

CNN report that lurking among the scrawl and scribble in the GOP tax plan is a clause to make anonymous political donations tax-deductible.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/ ... l.cnnmoney
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:53 am

Brian Peacock wrote:CNN report that lurking among the scrawl and scribble in the GOP tax plan is a clause to make anonymous political donations tax-deductible.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/ ... l.cnnmoney
We may as well just make the Koch brothers co-emperors.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:55 am

For some reason I feel an urge to read Tom Paine again. ;)

Frank Zappa