Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Post by Rum » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:01 am

DRSB wrote:All the sickos so far: List: All of the Hollywood power players accused of sexual assault or harassment
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peo ... 827004001/
Andy Dick. :hehe:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:02 am

DRSB wrote:All the sickos so far: List: All of the Hollywood power players accused of sexual assault or harassment
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peo ... 827004001/
Duplicate Dick. :mrgreen:

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Hermit wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Yes - however, sexual harassment is not purely subjective. It has a subjective and objective component.

It is objective, in that the conduct must be itself harassing and based on sex.
Norma: "Dad, I want to pass my maths test."
Dad, touching Norma's knee: "Norma, you know what to do to get that pass, don't you?"

Norma: "Harry, I really want that rôle"
Harry Cohn, touching Norma's knee: "Norma, you know what to do to get that rôle, don't you?"
Exactly - subjective and objective components.
The action and the words are objective - and near enough to identical for the purpose of this discussion. The context in each scenario is also objective, and the difference in context gives the objectively (near)identical words and actions an objectively different significance, assuming that dad is not hinting at having some sexual interaction with his child, of course.
Well, right - there are subjective and objective components. You've described two scenarios, neither of which has enough information from which to determine whether it would be harassment.

Take the Norma and Cohn example. What if Cohn is a gay guy who only wants Norma to get the role if she knocks 'em dead at the audition, and Norma, who doesn't know Cohn is gay, says... coquettishly... "Harry..... [sliding a finger up his leg and looking him put and down seductively] ... I REALLY .... want... that role...." Cohn responds, "Oh, Norma...you know what to do to get that role, don't you? [moves her hand aside, stands up and walks away to his desk]"

Norma's subjective intent and Cohn's subjective intent are relevant. Did Norma try to bribe Cohn with sex, or did Cohn try to extort sex from Norma?

If we address specific examples given, we have to do so on the facts presented, and not on an accepted "narrative" of the day and not based on any presuppositions we may have as to what men and women are like in general (i.e. without stereotyping).
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:07 am

Forty Two wrote:You've described two scenarios, neither of which has enough information from which to determine whether it would be harassment.

Take the Norma and Cohn example.
Actually, we do. The Norma and Cohn scenario is not hypothetical.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:30 am

Hey. Remember this guy?

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:33 am

What kind of person makes false rape accusations?

When a woman says she’s been brutally raped by seven men at a public party on a bed of broken glass, as the UVA accuser did, and when that woman has a history of strange lies, as the UVA accuser also did, there’s nothing wrong with being skeptical. But if a woman without any history of dramatic falsehoods says she went home with a man and, after they’d kissed a while consensually, he held her down and forced her into sex—in the absence of compelling evidence to the contrary, you can just assume it’s true. This is not because of any political dictum like “Believe women.” It’s because this story looks exactly like tens of thousands of date rapes that happen every year, and nothing at all like a false rape accusation.
https://qz.com/980766/the-truth-about-f ... cusations/
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Animavore wrote:
What kind of person makes false rape accusations?

When a woman says she’s been brutally raped by seven men at a public party on a bed of broken glass, as the UVA accuser did, and when that woman has a history of strange lies, as the UVA accuser also did, there’s nothing wrong with being skeptical. But if a woman without any history of dramatic falsehoods says she went home with a man and, after they’d kissed a while consensually, he held her down and forced her into sex—in the absence of compelling evidence to the contrary, you can just assume it’s true. This is not because of any political dictum like “Believe women.” It’s because this story looks exactly like tens of thousands of date rapes that happen every year, and nothing at all like a false rape accusation.
https://qz.com/980766/the-truth-about-f ... cusations/
We don’t admit the other acts of an alleged victim into evidence to rebut his or her own story, but the suggestion here is to admit other similar crimes by other people into evidence against another person?

A mugging on the street looks like thousands of other street muggings, but if all we have to go on is the accusation of the victim, do we conclude guilt because it “looks like thousands of other similar crimes?”

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Lol, now it's John Conyers, Democratic representative from Detroit, Michigan, and longest serving member of the House of Representatives.

They're starting to eat their own. Of course, the "victim" is remaining anonymous, fearing some unspecified but no doubt horrifying "retribution". Salem witch trials, 2017 version.

I'm really enjoying all this, I've always loved broad farce and slapstick. I'm particularly enjoying the about face on Slick Willy by several young democratic women, who now think he should have resigned. Hey, you dim cunt, I said that YEARS ago, and was branded a reactionary, knuckle dragging Republican. Lol, the worm ain't just turning, it's hoppin' around like a flea on a hot griddle, to mix my metaphors (and phyla).
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:03 am

The next creep: Charlie Rose ousted by both CBS and PBS after harassment allegations

Turns out, all the men harassed all the women in all the places. Next offender may be Stephen Hawking.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation ... story.html

devogue

Post by devogue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:09 am

DRSB wrote: Next offender may be Stephen Hawking.
I bet the cunt has been twitching his eyelid laciviously at female students. You can't prove he hasn't.

:lynchmob:

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:22 am

devogue wrote:
I bet the cunt has been twitching his eyelid laciviously at female students. You can't prove he hasn't.

:lynchmob:
He has been pictured among the guests on that wretched island!
https://nypost.com/2016/10/09/the-sex-s ... y-epstein/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... nd-4968224
Last edited by DRSB on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:24 am

It is only the grosses cases that get reported.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:13 am

DRSB wrote:The next creep: Charlie Rose ousted by both CBS and PBS after harassment allegations

Turns out, all the men harassed all the women in all the places. Next offender may be Stephen Hawking.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation ... story.html
I'm starting to think I'm the only bloke who hasn't sexually harassed a woman. Oh wait, there was that one time...

:{D
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:14 am

devogue wrote:
:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:05 pm

laklak wrote:Lol, now it's John Conyers, Democratic representative from Detroit, Michigan, and longest serving member of the House of Representatives.

They're starting to eat their own. Of course, the "victim" is remaining anonymous, fearing some unspecified but no doubt horrifying "retribution". Salem witch trials, 2017 version.

I'm really enjoying all this, I've always loved broad farce and slapstick. I'm particularly enjoying the about face on Slick Willy by several young democratic women, who now think he should have resigned. Hey, you dim cunt, I said that YEARS ago, and was branded a reactionary, knuckle dragging Republican. Lol, the worm ain't just turning, it's hoppin' around like a flea on a hot griddle, to mix my metaphors (and phyla).
In the 1990s, the President of the US having sex romps with a 21 year old intern in the White House was not the patriarchy exerting its power over an oppressed and marginalized person whose "consent" was not real consent due to power disparity. Back then, the leftist folks had some sense that a woman actually has some agency of her own. Today, if a man makes a pass at a woman, it's sexual harassment, because even if the woman says she welcomed the advance, that's just the patriarchal culture talking and she's really been harassed and doesn't even know it. Women react to harassment differently and in an infinite number of ways, so we cannot judge whether a woman was harassed by what she says or does, except if she says it was sexual harassment. Ergo, if she says it was harassment, it was harassment. if she doesn't say it was harassment, it was harassment. The only exception is if it's a politician or "ally" whose message is too important to the movement...
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar