Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

DRSB

Re: Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Post by DRSB » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 pm

But guys, the game is definitely uneven! Even if sweet virgin Mary consents to yield to God's power, this only confirms that he is acting from a position of power. Misuse and abuse of power, isn't this what this thread is about?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm

sunno, I'm more used to the lady being in a position of power, as she can always say no... and I just need my sex fix so I'll do anything to please her.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:20 pm

Yeah, look at the Big God Dude. Rapes a poor woman, but can't handle a couple of Roman Centurions and a bag of nails.

What a pussy.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 pm

remember, when there is a centurion, there usually is a couple hundreds legionaries to back him up (since, by Augustean times, a centurion commanded a maniple rather than a single century)

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm
sunno, I'm more used to the lady being in a position of power, as she can always say no... and I just need my sex fix so I'll do anything to please her.
Saying No to God, you're kidding! Like, I mean, who would, honestly?! With such stakes, and we are not talking about starring in a movie, if you had God in front of you, I bet you'd do anything he asks or demands, as the case may be. :smug:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 pm

All the more reason to view the god of the new as well as the old testaments as a raving monster.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 pm

Rum wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 pm
All the more reason to view the god of the new as well as the old testaments as a raving monster.
Luckily, only a nasty story about a raving monster...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:50 pm
Jason wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:21 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:02 pm
According to the Bible, Mary arguably consented - after the Angel tells her she is chosen to become pregnant. Mary says "how can this be, since I am a virgin?" and then the Angel says that the holy spirit will overshadow her and a child will be conceived who will be holy and called "the Son of God." "Then Mary said, "Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word."" So, she is consenting "let it be me according to your word." Luke 1:26-38. And, since Jesus was "born" of a virgin, that means she was still a virgin after being impregnated and through birth - it's not rape unless she was penetrated. She, herself, also never claimed it to be rape or non-consensual.
And he came to her and said, “Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.”[a] 29 But she was much perplexed by his words and pondered what sort of greeting this might be. 30 The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name him Jesus.
You'll notice that the angel told her what will happen - "now, you will conceive in your womb..." That's not seeking her consent. He just showed up at her doorstep and said the equivalent of "Congratulations! God will now rape you!" Given the power imbalance between her, a simple human, and he, a divine being, she simply submitted rather than risk the wrath of God - which she would have been well educated about. I'm afraid the professor has a point. The implicit use of the threat of force to coerce her into compliance does not constitute consent on her part. For fuck's sake, he didn't even give her a choice in what to name the holy rape baby.
Sure, but even I don't seek a woman's consent, if she does, in fact, consent, then it's not rape. I might have every intent to rape Mary, but if she wants it and consents to it, then it's not rape. So, the angel did say "you will conceive," and she did say "let it be with me according to your work..." she was apparently faithful, at least according to the text, and consented to whatever God wanted.

Also, there is no indication that sex was involved - so it's not accurate to call it rape. She gave birth as a virgin, so no dicks were in her, according to the text. Magical impregnation wouldn't be rape. It might be some other offense.

There was no indication in the story that she was threatened with wrath, and you'd have to get the implicit threat from the text, not from a preconceived notion.

I'm not saying the story is true, or good.
We don't know what's lost in translation. Besides, I've heard about some missing Bible chapters, 12 or 14 (or 42? :shifty:), hidden in Vatican, the circumstances are a mystery and also, this talking entity, but anyway, it looks more like yielding to power than like a consent.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:33 pm

DRSB wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm
Svartalf wrote:
Saying No to God, you're kidding! Like, I mean, who would, honestly?! With such stakes, and we are not talking about starring in a movie, if you had God in front of you, I bet you'd do anything he asks or demands, as the case may be. :smug:
Sure... except she never had god in front of her, only that Ne'er do well Gabriel... then again, yeah, I don't see a Jew saying no to JHWH... only, strangely, the one time he's said to have demanded anything, it caused some kind of heresy...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:54 pm

DRSB wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:32 pm
We don't know what's lost in translation. Besides, I've heard about some missing Bible chapters, 12 or 14 (or 42? :shifty:), hidden in Vatican, the circumstances are a mystery and also, this talking entity, but anyway, it looks more like yielding to power than like a consent.
[/quote]

We can only go by what we know.

....what if she likes yielding to power? That could be her thing. Maybe she got off on it, like a teenager at a rock concert "yielding" to the lead singer.

Maybe she banged half of Nazareth, got herself knocked up, and had to make up the whole "angel told me god was going to fill my box with his seed" line, to avoid the stoning?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Nazareth folk must have been uncommonly silly... how often have unchaste young ladies tried to use that trick, and Mary would be the only one to have been successful?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:33 pm
DRSB wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm
Svartalf wrote:
Sure... except she never had god in front of her, only that Ne'er do well Gabriel... then again, yeah, I don't see a Jew saying no to JHWH... only, strangely, the one time he's said to have demanded anything, it caused some kind of heresy...
God was behind her. :
gif.gif
gif.gif (5.2 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:59 pm
Nazareth folk must have been uncommonly silly... how often have unchaste young ladies tried to use that trick, and Mary would be the only one to have been successful?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:06 pm

:funny:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:56 pm

God is inside everyone.

Quivering with love.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.