Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Yeah, but that's normal for Utah.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:59 am

Especially in magic underwear.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:25 pm

I bought Magic Underwear once, it claimed to eliminate skid marks. It was just brown underwear.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Well it would save the brown trousers.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:03 pm

DRSB wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:33 pm
"Disney Channel Actor Stoney Westmoreland Arrested for Allegedly Trying to Have Sex with a Teen"
Looks like they nailed him for soliciting sex from a girl he believed was 13 years old. Sounds like a police sting operation.

Man, what's with these people? Why would you keep talking to someone who was 13 years old? That's just bizarre. Middle schooler. Have they no concern about how much they might be hurting someone? I mean, I clicked on the article I googled, half expecting the girl to have been 18 (because your blurb says he was trying to have sex with a "teen" which sounded too vague -- why not say her age? - but, then I saw we're talking a middle school girl. Ugh. Scumbag.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak

Post by laklak » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Cut off his pee-pee.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:06 pm

given the fifth amendment, do police sting ops have any legal value?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:09 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:06 pm
given the fifth amendment, do police sting ops have any legal value?
Yes, they do. Pedos get convicted all the time this way. They do sweeps where coppers pretend to be little kids, and they get the adults to take active steps to meet them for sex. A lot like that TV show they had with Chris Hanson, and the guy would show up with condoms and candy and the 13 year old girl would leave the room and Chris Hanson would come out. Then the cops would pick the guy up.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak

Post by laklak » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Hard to argue entrapment when you drove 50 miles with a pocket full of rubbers and a bag of Sour Patch Kids.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:18 pm

well, if you were actually enticed in doing all that by a person falsely representing itself, if you can't argue entrapment, you need a better lawyer.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:32 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:18 pm
well, if you were actually enticed in doing all that by a person falsely representing itself, if you can't argue entrapment, you need a better lawyer.
It's more complicated than that. Entrapment involves the creation of crime where it otherwise wouldn't exist, or persuading someone to commit a crime rather than merely affording them the opportunity to do so. It's generally a two part test: (1) the crime would only have been committed but-for the involvement of law enforcement, and (2) the objective prong asks whether the tactics used by the law enforcement agent were such as to cause an ordinarily law-abiding person of average resistance to commit the offense.

So, in this kind of case, entrapment would involve improper tactics that a reasonable person would not fall for. It's very difficult to imagine how I could be persuaded that a cop identifying herself as a 13 year old and asking me, an old man, to come over and bang her, is going to cause me to commit the offense of attempting to meet someone I believe is under 17 to commit do that.

I mean, yes, entrapment can be a defense, but somehow you'd have to be able to convince people that even they would be hoodwinked into going to meet a 13 year old for "Netflix and chill." LOL

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:34 pm

I can't imagine any argument that would work. I bet in that situation, you'd be very lucky to get anything less than the maximum. You've got nothing.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:37 pm

I saw on the Internet of all places that ordinary people have started running these operations too. I wonder how many of these guys are out there? It's enough that you still get people trying.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:07 pm

I find it fascinating. How can there be so many people who have to be well aware that whatever is going on on-line can be tracked and read, and yet they are still out there talking dirty to little kids, and even meeting up with them. It says something about what kind of drives some people have.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:17 pm

OK, he kissed her on the lips but she thanked him. Now he is under major pressure, licence in California revoked. She claims he grabbed her on the bum after the interview, witnesses deny, he claims he has videos of how she partied until 3 o'clock with his team. She does not look like a harassed woman but I hope he learned a lesson there, boys, do not touch without asking!