The lynching of Harvey Weinstein

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: The lynching of Harvey Weinstein

Post by Rum » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Hey Glaxo. The biggest conspiracy story at the moment is Trump-Russia. Why aren't you jumping on that bandwagon?
If, by "Glaxo" you mean Galaxian, the reason is that the Trump-Russia story is a beat-up, done deliberately to undermine his election victory. In terms of election interference, Russia can't hold a candle to the achievements of the United States' manipulation of voting worldwide.

As for populations dynamics & demography, Galaxian is well versed in that... on Earth & elsewhere... :mrgreen:
Hey Glaxo - what about the Beatles? Duplicates or not?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Galaxian wrote:
mistermack wrote:
Rum wrote:Getting women educated is the main factor in establishing birth control. The planet is over populated so as far as I am concerned it is a step in the right direction.
This is what mystifies me.
You say that the planet is over populated, but the UK is one of the most densely populated. If anywhere is overpopulated, we are. So how come all the resistance to doing anything about immigration? Is it one rule for the planet, and another for the UK?
Indeed so! As Tyrranical pointed out; below 2 replacement (actually 2.1) you have a slide towards extinction.
The biggest potential extinction cause (besides lizard assimilation), isn't a ver slow fall from ridiculously high population levels to slightly less ridiculously high population levels. It's global warming, and/or failure of ecosystem services which sustain us, and/or nuclear obliteration, and/or global pandemic (started by either the NSA or the lizard people (some say they are the same thing... :coffee: )).
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:41 pm

pErvin wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Tyrannical wrote:
So, are there ramifications to so many late fame/money seeking claimants? Indeed so:
a) More young men are hesitant to date women...It's too risky; Sexodus.
b) The rate of homosexuality, auto-sexuality & asexuality will climb, as it has been doing for some time.
c) There's a growing movement towards chaperoning women at all times...Good riddance emancipation.
d) There's already a backlash to enforce dress & behavior modesty.
e) Women will increasingly become 'sexless neutered objects', treated with disdain, disinterest, & cold indifference.
But all this is obvious, as is the final demise of humans in the next few years. So none of it matters... :coffee:
Not..too.crazy...... It took under a hundred years of "women's equality" for birth levels to fall below replacement.
Correlation is not causation.
Not least for Glaxo's bonkers claim that gold-diggers lead to increased homosexuality...
Well it is all bullshit - and we let him get away with it far too often.
In the UK there was a 0.3% increase in the number of men identifying as homosexual (2015 - 16). Besides the tiny increase of an already small percentage, there is no indication of why and it could well be that society makes it more acceptable and safer to do so. Progress in other words - however small. 0.5% identified as 'other, ffs.
There is no evidence of men not dating women.
Likewise the chaperoning of women.
Also modesty. Perhaps he's like to walk down our local night economy drag strip on a Friday and Saturday night?
Women sexless? I can only assume your cold lizard heart is no longer moved by the sight of a sexy female - if you are straight. In any case NO evidence.

Glaxo really is full of shit and we should tell him so regularly.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:48 pm

I suspect he's full of lsd half the time...
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Scot's European list shows that the UK is the most densely populated country in Europe, except for a few poxy little places that you can hardly call a country.

If you took the figure for England, it would look more extreme, as the UK figure is much reduced by Scotland and Northern Ireland.

It's also a fact that immigrants don't generally want to go to the low-density parts. They want to live in the areas that are already crowded, like the South East or Greater Manchester etc where space is already like gold dust.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

devogue

Post by devogue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:15 pm

This thread needs a split.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 pm

mistermack wrote:Scot's European list shows that the UK is the most densely populated country in Europe, except for a few poxy little places that you can hardly call a country.

If you took the figure for England, it would look more extreme, as the UK figure is much reduced by Scotland and Northern Ireland.

It's also a fact that immigrants don't generally want to go to the low-density parts. They want to live in the areas that are already crowded, like the South East or Greater Manchester etc where space is already like gold dust.
It is amazingly varied. I live in Cumria, the least densley populated county per square mile in the country. You can drive down country lanes and not see a car for 15 minutes at a time in some parts - and if you go just over the border Dumfries feels like - well it feels empty. I love it.

Whenever I go south these days having lived up here over ten years now, I feel almost claustrophobic.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:26 am

mistermack wrote:Scot's European list shows that the UK is the most densely populated country in Europe, except for a few poxy little places that you can hardly call a country.

FUCK OFF will you. Poxy little places!!! Who in the hell do you think you are! Very shortly you will joining the third world countries and I hope you bloody enjoy it.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:45 am

devogue wrote:This thread needs a split.
I think it needs a spliff...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:04 pm

:hehe:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:54 am

What's the count now, for Weinstein whiners? Maybe he can get past Jimmy Savile.
It must be galling, if you fended him off 20 years ago, to hear that he'd paid some women off. Especially if you could do with a boob job, or chin tuck and haven't got the cash.
There must be a lot thinking, "if they can get paid, so can I".
His big mistake was admitting that he'd paid some. He should have just denied it.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:38 am

So when's the lynching? Haven't been to a good lynching in yonks. Can we tar and feather him first?
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:58 am

mistermack wrote:His big mistake was admitting that he'd paid some. He should have just denied it.
Weinstein's big mistake is getting into the position of needing to pay victims of his sexual predation off.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 pm

MM's big mistake was pretending right from the start that he didn't think these women deserved everything they got.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:07 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Rohypnol is an intermediate-acting benzodiazepine with general properties similar to those of Valium (diazepam). It is used in the short-term treatment of insomnia, as a pre-medication in surgical procedures and for inducing anaesthesia.

Like other benzodiazepines (such as Valium, Librium and Xanax), Rohypnol's effects include sedation, muscle relaxation, reduction in anxiety, and prevention of convulsions. However, Rohypnol's sedative effects are approximately 7 to 10 times stronger than Valium. The effects of Rohypnol appear 15 to 20 minutes after administration and last approximately four to six hours. Some residual effects can be found 12 hours or more after administration.

Rohypnol causes partial amnesia; individuals are unable to remember certain events that they experience while under the influence of the drug. This effect is particularly dangerous when Rohypnol is used to aid in the commission of sexual assault; victims may not be able to clearly recall the assault, the assailant, or the events surrounding the assault. [source]

[My emphasis]
Again, if Prince was telling the truth she had only the one drink.

As for what is to be done, I think that's up the authorities. It seems she currently works at an art gallery--maybe you can think of a way that having this story come out is going to benefit her, but nothing comes to mind for me.
As I mentioned, these cases can involve both people telling what they thing is the truth, but neither person being completely accurate. That's the thing about eyewitness testimony and memories. They are notoriously unreliable, and they become more unreliable with the passage of time.

If she's telling the truth, she had the drink, and he immediately asked or told her to kiss him, and she did, and they immediately proceeded to have sex. Rohypnol doesn't work that fast, as I noted it takes time for the drug to kick in, and even more to peak. As she described it, he said for her to "finish your drink..." which she did, and they proceeded then to become intimate.

How the story benefits her or doesn't benefit her is not the issue. The issue is the evidence. It's no different than a guy who says that he was in the pub 10 years ago and a drunken Brad Pitt punched him in the nose and kicked him in the nuts, sending him to the floor writhing in pain, and threatened to kill him if he told the cops. Certainly a serious allegation - felony assault and battery and extortion. Why didn't you go to the police 10 years ago? Oh, I was embarrassed, and I really liked Brad Pitt at the time - I blamed myself, because I was acting like a tool in the pub at the time. Now, though, I think he needs to be exposed. What the authorities do with it, well, that's up to them.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar