Hypocritical Conservative Iranian television host

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Hypocritical Conservative Iranian television host

Post by NineBerry » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:32 pm

[...]

Iranian state television presenter Azadeh Namdari has faced accusations of hypocrisy on social media after a video emerged showing her drinking beer and not wearing her hijab while on holiday in Switzerland.
Alcoholic drinks are banned in Islam and in Iran, where it is the law for women to wear the headscarf.
It is not clear whether the TV presenter was drinking alcoholic or alcohol-free beer.
Namdari is known in Iran as a proponent of the Islamic dress code.
A photo of her in full hijab was once published in the conservative Iranian newspaper Vatan-e Emruz under the headline: "Thank God, I wear the veil".

[...]

[...]

The two-minute long video was published by the hardline Young Journalists' Club (YJC) news agency under the headline "Azadeh Namdari's reaction to the publication of scandalous photos in cyberspace".
This time wearing a hijab, she explained she was sitting with family members and "maharem" - close relatives among whom a woman does not need to wear a hijab - in a park. She said her scarf fell suddenly and the video was taken at that instant by an unknown person.

[...]
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-40715595

I like the explanation about "scarf fell suddenly and the video was taken at that instant by an unknown person" when the photo shows her wearing sun glasses on her head...

Alan B

Re: Hypocritical Conservative Iranian television host

Post by Alan B » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm

The hijab is not an 'Islamic' dress code for women. It's a local traditional dress code enforced by men. There are plenty of women in other Islamic societies who do not wear the hijab - or burka or niqab.
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Alan B wrote:The hijab is not an 'Islamic' dress code for women. It's a local traditional dress code enforced by men. There are plenty of women in other Islamic societies who do not wear the hijab - or burka or niqab.
Relevance? "Namdari is known in Iran as a proponent of the Islamic dress code." Now read the thread title again and try again.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:24 pm

So she's a proponent of the dress code in Iran, doesn't mean she's a proponent of it in Switzerland.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:36 pm

meaning she holds a double standard, aka she's a hypocrite, or she'd follow her own advice regardless of where she is.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:So she's a proponent of the dress code in Iran, doesn't mean she's a proponent of it in Switzerland.
Iranian Muslims need not follow Islamic dicta outside their country? Riiiiiight.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:44 pm

Svartalf wrote:meaning she holds a double standard, aka she's a hypocrite, or she'd follow her own advice regardless of where she is.
I think lions in Africa should be allowed to roam freely, but lions in Britain should be kept in secure cages. But I'm not a hypocrite.
Hermit wrote:Iranian Muslims need not follow Islamic dicta outside their country? Riiiiiight.
Correct. Iranian law only applies in Iran. Not a huge revelation.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Hermit wrote:Iranian Muslims need not follow Islamic dicta outside their country? Riiiiiight.
Correct. Iranian law only applies in Iran. Not a huge revelation.
While wearing the chador is compulsory for women in Iran when they are in public spaces, it is also an Islamic dress code that Azadeh Namdari is disobeying. In other words, she does not feel compelled to follow the dicta of her own religion outside Iran. That is a clear case of maintaining a double standard unless she wishes to argue that the moral standards of her religion only apply in Iran.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 pm

What she argues is that the dog ate her hijab.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:13 pm

:lol:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:40 am

I know me....
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:14 am

Lak is imagining his cock there instead of that beer.. :hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:18 am

Or playing "hide the halal sausage"...
And my gin!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:26 am

Once they start doing that "Allllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaa!" thing you've got them.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:57 am

As long as they don't trigger their suicide-bomb-in-a-cunt thing...
And my gin!