"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Animavore » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:27 am

They came out of nowhere, and seeing how quickly they turned Skinny Puppy and 42 from reasonable people to tinfoil hat wearing science denialists seething with hatred in real time shows how easily their poisonous seed can affect people.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:31 am

The smirking poseur Yiannopoulos has found it expedient to drop his lawsuit against the publisher that refused to put out his book after paying him an advance.
Milo Yiannopoulos is dropping his lawsuit against his former publisher.

In papers filed Tuesday in New York State Supreme Court, Yiannopoulos and Simon & Schuster asked that the case be dismissed "without costs or fees to either party." The far-right author and agitator sued for $10 million last summer after the publisher canceled the release of his memoir "Dangerous." Simon & Schuster acted after video clips of Yiannopoulos surfaced in which he appeared to defend sexual relationships between men and underage boys. Yiannopoulos alleged breach of contract and said the publisher gave in to "false and misleading reports." Simon & Schuster had called the suit a publicity stunt.

Last fall, a judge allowed the case to proceed after Simon & Schuster had asked that it be dismissed. But in January, Yiannopoulous' legal counsel withdrew and the author announced that he would represent himself.

"We are pleased that Mr. Yiannopoulos' lawsuit has been withdrawn," Simon & Schuster said in a statement Tuesday. "We stand by our decision to terminate the publication of Mr. Yiannopoulos' book."

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:40 am

It still surprises me how often and over how much people think they can and should sue. I wonder if other countries have the same problem.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:42 am

Sean Hayden wrote:It still surprises me how often and over how much people think they can and should sue. I wonder if other countries have the same problem.
Are you dissing Oz?

If so, I'll fuckin' sue your arse off! :lay:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:53 am

:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:07 pm

I wonder whether we should just assume that the Anti-Defamation League is not trustworthy? :ask:

'ADL Report: White Supremacist Murders More Than Doubled in 2017'
The number of white supremacist murders in the United States more than doubled in 2017 compared to the previous year, far surpassing murders committed by domestic Islamic extremists and making 2017 the fifth deadliest year on record for extremist violence since 1970.

In its annual assessment of extremist-related killings, the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism found white supremacists and other far-right extremists were responsible for 59 percent of all extremist-related fatalities in the U.S. in 2017, up dramatically from 20 percent in 2016.

White supremacists were directly responsible for 18 of the total 34 extremist-related murders in 2017, according to the new ADL report, Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2017. A total of nine deaths were linked to Islamic extremists.

The most recent ADL data shows that over the last decade a total of 71 percent of all fatalities have been linked to domestic right-wing extremists, while 26 percent of the killings were committed by Islamic extremists. The other 3 percent of deaths were carried out by extremists not falling into either category.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Meh, some of their language is ambiguous, therefore #FAKENEWS.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 pm

We need to get off world quick. "Feeling oppressed on Earth, our ancestors set out to find a new home for whites" -- imagine running into that planet a few thousand years down the line...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 pm

They can have Mercury or Venus if they like. Shall we start a whip round?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:01 pm

The Atomwaffen noise has got YouTube to the point that it's gone and stomped on free speech.

'YouTube Bans Channel of American Neo-Nazi Extremist Group Atomwaffen Division'
YouTube has banned a channel belonging to Atomwaffen Division, an American neo-Nazi group that has been linked to several murders, for violating the platform’s hate speech policies.

The action was not swift, however: the ban comes days after a flurry of media attention on Atomwaffen and YouTube’s inaction around the group, and on Tuesday the Anti-Defamation League asked YouTube to remove offending videos immediately.

“This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy prohibiting hate speech,” a banner on an Atomwaffen YouTube channel reads as of Wednesday. All of the account's videos have been removed; it was previously hosting around a dozen propaganda and other videos. The videos had been online since between June and October last year.

Atomwaffen hit the news recently when ProPublica published an extensive, inside look at the extremist group last Friday, based in part on chat logs from an Atomwaffen Discord room. Here, people in the group joked and celebrated the murder of a gay, Jewish college student by an Atomwaffen member.

Despite Atomwaffen’s explicit calls for violence—including phrases such as “Gas the K**kes, Race War Now”—in the wake of that report YouTube refused to remove the group’s videos or ban its channel. At one point, videos on the channel were instead marked as offensive, which limits certain YouTube features such as sharing and commenting.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:54 pm

The oppressive main stream electronic world is hounding those who freely express their opinions, and ghettoizing them. Image :sadcheer:

'Discord shuts down more neo-Nazi, alt-right servers'
Discord has recently shut down several notable alt-right, white nationalist servers as it attempts to purge toxic content, as reported by Polygon. The affected servers include the neo-Nazi terrorist group Atomwaffen Division, Nordic Resistance Movement, Iron March, and European Domas.

“Discord has a Terms of Service (ToS) and Community Guidelines that we ask all of our communities and users to adhere to,” a Discord representative told Polygon. “These specifically prohibit harassment, threatening messages, or calls to violence. Though we do not read people’s private messages, we do investigate and take immediate appropriate action against any reported ToS violation by a server or user. There were a handful of servers that violated these ToS recently and were swiftly removed from the platform.”

Since Discord is a private chat platform, its approach toward monitoring hate speech has been different and arguably more lax than more public-facing platforms like Facebook or Twitter.

The guidelines list several ways to get permanently banned and deleted, and the number one way is “to share content that is directly threatening to someone’s physical or financial state.” The terms of service are more direct; users are not allowed to “defame, libel, ridicule, mock, stalk, threaten, harass, intimidate or abuse anyone,” but there aren’t definite and immediate punishments prescribed for violating those terms.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:51 pm

That's a shame, coz we know there's good people in those groups don't we? :tea:

Frank Zappa

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:59 pm

Uh, good for what? :thinks:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:54 am

Organ transplants?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:40 am

Fertiliser.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.