"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Some of my best friends are scum.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:09 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:According to which definition you look at, the zealous social justice aspect is different from the 'leftist scum' who are willing to use active measures (including violence) in response to the white nationalist/supremacist 'alt right.'
Yeah, it seems it's more associated with black block (or what the right falsely call Antifa). Or what 42 calls the mainstream left...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re:

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:15 am

Brian Peacock wrote:Some of my best friends are scum.
Par for the course then.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:03 am

Lucian Wintrich of 'The Gateway Pundit,' a site that has at the very minimum given air to the alt-right, was propounding on how 'It Is OK To Be White' at the University of Connecticut. A student took some papers from the podium and started to walk away. Fun and games ensued, resulting in Wintrich spending an evening in jail.

'Conservative speaker arrested after alleged altercation at speech titled "It Is OK To Be White"'
A conservative commentator was arrested at the University of Connecticut Tuesday night after a fight broke out during his speech titled "It Is OK To Be White."

Lucian Wintrich's speech was cut short when a young woman in the audience appeared to take paperwork off the lectern he was using and then began to leave.

Cellphone videos posted on Twitter show Wintrich running up to the woman and grabbing her before other audience members get involved.

[Link to tweet with video]

Police quickly stepped in and led Wintrich away. He was charged with breach of peace and later released.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:05 am

But is it OK to be a sort of pinkish-brown?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:02 am

Maybe. As long as they learn to do the Nazi salute properly, and know their place. :nazi:
Last edited by L'Emmerdeur on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:21 am

Anybody who's been paying even minimal attention to this shower of vile dipshits is aware that misogyny is among the characteristics that define them. Still, as has been noted previously in this thread, there are a few women in their ranks. It's not a comfortable place for them to be, and one relatively prominent alt-right woman finds that shocking. :what:

'“Alt-right” women are upset that “alt-right” men are treating them terribly'
There's trouble brewing in the MAGA world, as prominent women in the "alt-right" are upset that white nationalists are being misogynistic towards them.

Women in the "alt-right" "are constantly harassed by low level anonymous trolls trying to put us in our place," self-described "Ethno Nationalist" Tara McCarthy wrote on Twitter Sunday, in a moment of revelation that was well-known to basically anyone else. "The ultimate goal seems to be to bully us off the internet."

Another self-described "conservative woman" also had a problem with her movement's underlying culture. In a video titled, "Why I'm Not Married," Lauren Southern responded to the backlash she received for pushing "traditional family values" and trying to tear down feminism — while not turning into a baby-making machine, herself.

"I am not trying to sell the idea that myself, as a 22-year-old, needs to be married right now for the sake of traditionalism and not being a degenerate," Southern said in a YouTube video. "What is also just completely shocking to me is the utter lack of understanding of nuance."

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:14 am

If you lie with dogs, don't be surprised you get fleas.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:23 am

Literal Feminazis.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Milo Fuckface is currently in Australia on a short bigot tour. There's been some punching on so far. He's at the Gold Coast on Thursday, so I could potentially attend for a bit of punching on. Although, this week, I'm not down there, but up in Brisbane.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Some background on the "It's OK to be White" meme used by Lucian Wintrich as the title of his speech at the University of Connecticut where he tussled with a student (see this post above).

'What the rise of “it’s OK to be white” says about the alt-right'
Last week, Markus Persson, the creator of Minecraft, announced to his Twitter followers, “It’s ok to be white.” There was no additional context, just this. “It’s ok to be white.”

Persson’s is not an isolated tweet. “It’s ok to be white” was invented by the trollsters of the “politically incorrect” messaging board on 4chan. The phrase was carefully designed to trick progressive, left-leaning Americans into saying the contrary—that it is not ok to be white—in a strange nationwide campaign to finally expose anti-white bias.

To those who do not identify with it, the assertion is baffling—mysteriously defiant and worryingly contextless; kind of like ordering a burger, and the server responding very slowly and clearly, “Our lettuce has absolutely no e. coli.” But for the alt-right, as prominent right-wing blogger Nick Land puts it:
“It’s OK to be white” is a brilliant political provocation. Any response other than “Of course it is” looks preposterously demented
Described as “a world-changing killshot” by one commenter, these five words have been hailed by the American alt-right as a brilliant innovation that is sure to advance their cause.

By being removed from context, “it’s ok to be white” allows its audience to fill in the gaps. This is an example of “one of the most important rhetorical devices,” says Christian Lundberg, associate professor of rhetoric at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and a debate coach. It is what Aristotle called an “enthymeme,” when the speaker “stops short of making a claim explicit, counting on their audience to fill it in.” By doing that, the speaker can imply controversial claims without actually making them.

Yet denying those implications and ignoring context serves as the foundation for much of the alt-right’s thinking on cultural issues. It’s a rhetorical strategy that purports to reduce political statements to pure logic. Take for example, statements like, “If we want equality, and there is a black history month, why don’t we have a white history month, too?” Or, “Why do we have women’s rights when but no men’s rights?” And again, “If you can be proud to be gay, why can’t you be proud to be white?”

The alt-right takes pride in revealing what it sees as double standards through logic like this. In fact, the alt-right is not wrong. There is a double standard with men’s right and women’s rights. But there has to be, because they address a more fundamental double standard: historical social inequality. Women’s rights, gay pride, and black history month are attempts to compensate for a discrepancy that already exists.

The affirmation “black lives matter” emerged in response to a specific historical context: A spate of public deaths of African-Americans at the hands of police officers who went unpunished. Black lives did not seem to matter. The context for “it’s ok to be white,” on the other hand, is one in which it is more than ok to be white.

The statistical advantages of white Americans are well-known. Black and Hispanic men with college degrees earn 80% of what their white counterparts do. (When I put this to Wintrich, he pointed out that Asian men make more on average than white men. While this is true, the Asian population is much smaller, and Asian women still earn less than white men.) The likelihood of being shot and killed by a police officer is five times higher for black Americans than white Americans. Non-whites are vastly underrepresented in Hollywood. The list of inequalities is so long that to bring it up is insulting.

Lundberg’s expert suggestion is not to reject the phrase. “I think that the best response is to deny them the pleasure of the fight—of course it is ok to be white: now how can we make it ok to be a person of any color?”

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:56 pm

My response to that challenge is to say, "And who suggests otherwise?" Make the concern trolls and bigots explain themselves.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:My response to that challenge is to say, "And who suggests otherwise?" Make the concern trolls and bigots explain themselves.
I'm fairly certain that the original "It's not alright to be white" meme came from that tiny minority of uber-feminist and ultra-PC academics that get 42's knickers in a knot. That whole "check your privileges" crap from Atheism+ for example. Although a very tiny minority in the broad progressive camp, they have the unfortunate effect of creating headlines when they take left-wing thought to absurd extremes, and provide targets for the right, who always use the false message that the extreme corner of the left permeates all progressive thought.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Meanwhile pernicious twits like Wintrich gleefully cash in with their 'let's you and them have a fight' blithering.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:21 pm

JimC wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:My response to that challenge is to say, "And who suggests otherwise?" Make the concern trolls and bigots explain themselves.
I'm fairly certain that the original "It's not alright to be white" meme came from that tiny minority of uber-feminist and ultra-PC academics that get 42's knickers in a knot. That whole "check your privileges" crap from Atheism+ for example. Although a very tiny minority in the broad progressive camp, they have the unfortunate effect of creating headlines when they take left-wing thought to absurd extremes, and provide targets for the right, who always use the false message that the extreme corner of the left permeates all progressive thought.
Check your privilege that allows you to frown on people who don't have that privilege.