"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:24 am

A padded cell is coming for you soon...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:39 pm

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Forty Two wrote:No, but I can point out the extreme leftists.

What's the difference whether they associate themselves with postmodernism? My references to postmodernism is not to pin a label on specific people, but to discuss the foundational underpinnings of today's leftist thought. The left is rife with postmodernism, because it serves as the underlying base for their ideology -- (a) there is no truth - truth is only about power dynamics, (b) spurning of logic and reason, (c) collective ownership, (d) disillusionment with modernism (principles of the Enlightenment), (e) equating all religions as equally valid, etc.

It's postmodernism, for example, that underpins today's trend that allows people to say that there is no such thing as biological sex, other than as a social construct, or to say that people can "identify" as different sexes or races. There is no truth - only opinion, and truth is governed by the power struggle between "classes" of people (no longer in the economic sense, but now in the racial, sexual, and ethnic sense). Beauty is just an invention - it's just a social construct - whether Salma Hayek or Rosie O'Donnell are hot pieces of ass or not is purely a function of whether society is governed by the white, male patriarchy, or not.
Stop trying to reason with lefty maggots, I mean do you give medicine to the dead? The day of the rope is the only hope and it is coming soon. :smoke:
No, I'll continue to reason with leftists or lefties, or anyone else. I consider most of them to be acting in what they think to be good faith and with good intentions, and I expect to be able to learn something from discussions.

One doesn't give medicine to the dead, but those ascribing to leftist views are not dead.

I would not support any ropes for leftists or lefties. Kindness, and reasoned discussion is the solution.

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:09 am

One of those 'many fine people.'

'Charlottesville Rally Organizer Jason Kessler Indicted On Perjury Charge'
Jason Kessler, a top organizer for a white supremacist rally that took place in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August, has been indicted on a felony perjury charge.

The indictment stems from a sworn statement Kessler made to a magistrate judge in January, when he claimed a man he’d punched in the face had actually been the aggressor. Video evidence later showed that statement was false.

On Jan. 22, Kessler was at the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville, trying to collect signatures on a petition to oust City Councilor Wes Bellamy. When James Justin Taylor approached Kessler ― whom Taylor said he knew ― to learn about the petition, things got heated.

On Jan. 22, Kessler was at the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville, trying to collect signatures on a petition to oust City Councilor Wes Bellamy. When James Justin Taylor approached Kessler ― whom Taylor said he knew ― to learn about the petition, things got heated.

“I really took issue not so much with the substance of it, but the way he was going about it,” Taylor told The Daily Progress. “This sort of aggressive fear, hate manner that it was being conducted. And I called him out on it. And he hit me.”

“I said, paraphrasing, that ‘you’re kind of being an asshole,’” Taylor added.

Kessler claimed that Taylor assaulted him and “violently” shook his arm. Video evidence released in March showed that to be false.

“I’ll admit that what I did was not legal,” Kessler told The Daily Progress in April, after entering his guilty plea for the misdemeanor assault. “I was having a bad day. I’ve never done anything like this before and it will never happen again.”

Kessler was sentenced in May and given a 30-day suspended sentence, along with 50 hours of community service.

Kessler went on to organize August’s “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, which saw thousands of white supremacists flooding the streets with Nazi chants of “blood and soil!” and “Jews will not replace us!”

Kessler was indicted Monday by an Albemarle County grand jury for the perjury charge. He faces up to 10 years in prison and a $2,500 fine.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Newly uncovered documents and video show nature of ties between Breitbart, Milo Yiannopoulos, and Nazism

Breitbart News, the far-right website led by President Donald Trump's former top strategist, Steve Bannon, shows seemingly deep ties to modern Nazi figures in the US.

Uncovered by BuzzFeed News' Joseph Bernstein, a series of communications and leaks as well as a video establish how the website's former tech editor Milo Yiannopoulos often trafficked with ideological extremists on the right to fight a culture war under Bannon's instructions, in one email, to "go help save western civilization."

Though Yiannopoulos often defends his work as being satirical provocations designed to counter what he considers liberal-dominated college campuses across the US, BuzzFeed's report uncovered damning ties between Yiannopoulos and Nazism.

For example, BuzzFeed found that some of Yiannopoulos' passwords to private accounts included references to Kristallnacht and the Night of the Long Knives, two violent episodes against Jews and perceived opponents of Nazi Germany that precipitated the Holocaust.

Yiannopoulos himself identifies as gay and Jewish and denied being a racist to BuzzFeed.

Also in the report, BuzzFeed published a video of Yiannopoulos singing an overblown version of "America the Beautiful" as the white supremacist Richard Spencer and other so-called alt-right figures gave Nazi salutes.
http://uk.businessinsider.com/documents ... ?r=US&IR=T
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 pm

The Breitbart employee closest to the alt-right was Milo Yiannopoulos, the site’s former tech editor known best for his outrageous public provocations, such as last year’s Dangerous Faggot speaking tour and September’s canceled Free Speech Week in Berkeley. For more than a year, Yiannopoulos led the site in a coy dance around the movement’s nastier edges, writing stories that minimized the role of neo-Nazis and white nationalists while giving its politer voices “a fair hearing.” In March, Breitbart editor Alex Marlow insisted “we’re not a hate site.” Breitbart’s media relations staff repeatedly threatened to sue outlets that described Yiannopoulos as racist. And after the violent white supremacist protest in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August, Breitbart published an article explaining that when Bannon said the site welcomed the alt-right, he was merely referring to “computer gamers and blue-collar voters who hated the GOP brand.”

These new emails and documents, however, clearly show that Breitbart does more than tolerate the most hate-filled, racist voices of the alt-right. It thrives on them, fueling and being fueled by some of the most toxic beliefs on the political spectrum — and clearing the way for them to enter the American mainstream.

It’s a relationship illustrated most starkly by a previously unreleased April 2016 video in which Yiannopoulos sings “America the Beautiful” in a Dallas karaoke bar as admirers, including the white nationalist Richard Spencer, raise their arms in Nazi salutes.

These documents chart the Breitbart alt-right universe. They reveal how the website — and, in particular, Yiannopoulos — links the Mercer family, the billionaires who fund Breitbart, to underpaid trolls who fill it with provocative content, and to extremists striving to create a white ethnostate.

They capture what Bannon calls his “killing machine” in action, as it dredges up the resentments of people around the world, sifts through these grievances for ideas and content, and propels them from the unsavory parts of the internet up to TrumpWorld, collecting advertisers’ checks all along the way.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstei ... wrmWAxob97
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Liberal journalists reportedly sent tips to Breitbart — now they’re scrambling

A recently released cache of email correspondence revealed direct collaboration between popular alt-right website Breitbart and purported white nationalists and neo-Nazis. While the revelations are damning, they are not entirely surprising to those who follow Breitbart’s editorial strategies. More shocking, perhaps, is that a number of purportedly liberal journalists have also secretly colluded with Breitbart over the years.
On October 5, Buzzfeed News published Joseph Bernstein’s exclusive report detailing emails and documents internal to Breitbart News staff which detailed the relationship between the right-wing sensationalist news site and the fringe elements that kept correspondence with its former tech editor, right-wing bomb-thrower Milo Yiannopoulos.
As such, the revelations contained in Buzzfeed's report were damning on two different political axes: First, Buzzfeed refuted the notion that Breitbart was the “normal” news site it always claimed to be, by discovering more intentional connections to the white nationalist and neo-Nazi elements that the site and its lawyers persistently disavow. (As Buzzfeed wrote, “Yiannopoulos led the site in a coy dance around the movement’s nastier edges, writing stories that minimized the role of neo-Nazis and white nationalists.”) And second, the report suggested that some journalists had been “double-agents” for Yiannopoulos and his Breitbart cohort.
Buzzfeed reported that a number of purportedly liberal journalists sent Yiannopoulos story ideas, even asking the provocateur with an army of online trolls at his disposal to mock specific feminist figures. Since publication, those journalists have become the locus of a storm of controversy.
"Yiannopoulos had hidden helpers in the liberal media against which he and Bannon fought so uncompromisingly,” Buzzfeed wrote.
Breitbart has become a focus of sorts for its possible connections to hate groups in part because it looms so large within Trump’s inner circle; the president himself has described it in glowing terms. Yet rumors of overt connections to hate groups have dogged Breitbart for years. Politically, Breitbart has a very direct connection to President Trump and his acolytes: its executive chairman is former Trump strategist Steve Bannon. Likewise, Yiannopoulos’s reverence for Trump is so deep that he has been known to utter Plath-esque ululations of “Daddy” upon hearing the president’s name. New York Times reporters asked Trump about Breitbart when he was president-elect; at the time, Trump attempted to normalize the site. “Breitbart cover things, I mean like The New York Times covers things,” he told reporters. “Breitbart, first of all, is just a publication. And, you know, they cover stories like you [the Times] cover stories. Now, they are certainly a much more conservative paper, to put it mildly, than The New York Times. But Breitbart really is a news organization.”
While Breitbart claims to disavow connections to white nationalism or avowed Nazi movements, its content is often clearly written to appeal to those who might sympathize with said politics. Steeped in xenophobic and nationalist rhetoric, the site’s reporting and op-eds routinely scapegoat immigrants, poor people, non-whites and Muslims. Yet until Buzzfeed’s report, Breitbart News had done a half-decent job of hiding any overt hate speech — no swastikas, racist caricatures or author headshots donning white hoods — by masking politics in dog-whistles and the slippery slope of white identity politics. (The site includes a "Black Crime" tag).

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Thank you, Animoavore; I was going to post the BuzzFeed story but you did an excellent job of presenting it. :tup:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:49 am

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:27 am

Sorry about the misspelling. :oops:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:46 pm

but where's that tiki torch fashion coming from? is it an evolution from KKK torch lit marches?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Sanitised torches :lol:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 pm

White supremacist shitwad Richard Spencer seems to have a fixation on public universities.

Alt-Right Leader Spencer to Speak at US Uni With Largest Jewish Student Body
The University of Florida, home to the largest Jewish student body in the country, is bracing for an upcoming speech on campus by white supremacist leader Richard Spencer.

Only six weeks after Hurricane Irma wrought destruction in Florida, Gov. Rick Scott declared another state of emergency, this time ahead of Spencer’s speech in Gainesville on Thursday afternoon.

The university allowed Spencer to speak after initially declining his request, saying that as a public institution it must uphold the principles of free speech. He was a promoter of the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August that turned deadly.

Spencer, the founder of a white supremacist think tank, has advocated a white ethno-state that would exclude non-whites and Jews. The Anti-Defamation League said he has become “more openly anti-Semitic in recent years.”

“Our decision to disallow the September event was based on specific threats and a date that fell soon after the Charlottesville event,” the university said in a statement. “Allowing Spencer to speak in October provided additional time to make significant security arrangements.”

Although the event is not sponsored by any groups affiliated with the university, the public university must pay over $500,000 in security for the event. In 1992, the Supreme Court ruled that the government cannot charge a speaker for security costs due to potential protesters.

The University of Florida is Spencer’s latest stop on a speaking tour that has riled US campuses. In April, Auburn hosted the far-right speaker after a federal judge ordered it must. This month, Ohio State denied a speaking request by Spencer, while the University of Cincinnati approved it.

The Florida speech is his first campus appearance since the Charlottesville weekend, during which he led a a torch-lit march on the University of Virginia campus by neo-Nazis and other groups that at times chanted “Jews will not replace us.” Spencer was to be a featured speaker at the white-nationalist rally the next morning, but it was canceled due to security concerns. A woman was killed when a suspected white supremacist rammed his car into a crowed of counterprotesters.

Scott’s state of emergency order will allow local law enforcement officials to work with state and other agencies. The governor is also activating the Florida National Guard.

Norman Goda, a professor of Holocaust studies, dismissed the university’s argument that it had to host Spencer due to free speech.

“I think it’s been posed as a free speech issue as if he is just another right-wing speaker,” said Goda, naming figures such as “alt-right” provocateur Milo Yiannopolous and conservative political commentator Ann Coulter. “I think Spencer is a very different animal. He is the leader of a movement who it seems to me from everything he says is working for the violent overthrow of our constitutional system.”

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:35 pm

It gets him hard to think of all the Jews hating him - and if they don't hate him, he just tries harder.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:26 am

Svartalf wrote:but where's that tiki torch fashion coming from? is it an evolution from KKK torch lit marches?

Duh.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould