"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:33 pm

I've looked for a thread like this here, and failed to find it. If there is one, please merge.

Here's a good example of the ignorance of white supremacists:

"Alt-right commentator claims Romans weren't ethnically diverse, gets owned by actual historian"

If you're going to pick a fight with someone over ancient Roman facts, arguing with a historian is probably not the best course of action.

Infowars editor at large and right-wing YouTuber Paul Joseph Watson recently tweeted an insinuation that Roman Britain wasn’t ethnically diverse.

A bit of a bizarre claim to make out of the blue, but the reason for his outage stemmed from a five-and-a-half minute BBC educational YouTube video on what life was like in Roman Britain.
  • Thank God the BBC is portraying Roman Britain as ethnically diverse.

I mean, who cares about historical accuracy, right? pic.twitter.com/SqE83Pmf2h

— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) July 25, 2017
The video, aimed at supporting teachers, is suitable for 7 to 11 year-olds and details what life was like for a typical family during the Roman period.

The cartoon that accompanies the video features everything from gladiator battles, the purpose of Hadrian's wall and the religious make up of Roman society.

It also features a series of ethnically diverse characters, which is what appeared to anger the Infowars host, who implied that the BBC didn't care about 'historical accuracy'.

It was following these claims of historical inaccuracy that historian Mike Stuchbery stepped in.

In a series of hugely informative tweets, he described how Roman Britain was ethnically diverse “almost by design”.

He explains that Roman troops were drawn from other parts of the empire, and occupied Britain.
The slack-jawed goons of the 'alt-right' will be supplying plenty of material for this thread.

L'Emmerdeur

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:39 pm

For instance:

'Alt-right activists say Trump and Bannon are giving them “space to destroy” by keeping FBI away'
While the neo-fascist alt-right is not entirely happy with President Donald Trump’s first few months in office, one thing for which they are grateful is that the new administration is giving them free reign to engage in building their movement, completely unencumbered by any law enforcement scrutiny of their activities.

“He’s going to give us space to destroy,” Michael Peinovich, the creator of The Right Stuff, an alt-right podcast network said during a Sunday guest appearance on “Fash the Nation,” the movement’s most popular web radio show.

Peinovich, who also goes by the pen name “Mike Enoch,” was referencing a 2015 remark by Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, then the mayor of Baltimore, which some people interpreted as giving support to rioters who committed numerous acts of violence in the city following the acquittal of several police officers who had been on trial for the death of a black resident.

“He’s going to give us space to operate, and frankly, it is space to destroy,” Peinovich continued.

“Now is the time that we have to make hay while the sun shines . . . while these investigations of ‘domestic terrorist groups’ are not being funded by the government, they’re not being pushed by the Department of Homeland Security” argued one of the co-hosts of the program, an anonymous former Republican political staffer who calls himself Jazzhands McFeels.

“We’d probably be facing fucking [racketeering] charges or some shit like that,” Peinovich said, discussing what he believed might have happened if Hillary Clinton had won the 2016 presidential election.

“We have to use these four years to grow into something that can’t be defeated,” Peinovich said, referring to possible future investigations of neo-fascist groups.

Some parts of the Trump administration actively want to encourage the growth of the alt-right, the former Hill staffer “Jazzhands McFeels” said, claiming that Trump’s top strategist Steve Bannon secretly was trying to enable the fringe movement.

“They kind of expect us to be doing this. I’m not saying he’s our guy, but they want — at least Bannon, I would think — wants us to be able to operate in that space. So we should and we are,” he said.

Both podcasters’ statements were met with agreement by guest Richard Spencer, an alt-right editor who operates a series of niche web publications and conferences catering to self-styled racist intellectuals who has since tried to rebrand himself as more of an activist.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:45 pm

The Alt-Right Implies John McCain’s Cancer Is “Justice” For Opposing Trump
On Wednesday night, the office of Arizona Sen. John McCain revealed that the 80-year-old Republican and longtime politician is suffering from a malignant brain tumor. While many expressed their condolences, some members of the alt-right are saying McCain's cancer is "godly justice."

Mike Cernovich, a 39-year-old alt-right media personality who regularly appears on The Alex Jones Show made his disapproval of McCain very clear on Twitter. "I'm all for wishing cancer patients well but am not going to pretend McCain is anything but who he is. This is called being an adult," wrote Cernovich.

While Cernovich himself didn't condemn McCain's cancer diagnosis as justice, several members of the far-right community drew the connection. "He's a traitor and a psychopath. His interests are of the globalists. They all need to die, faster the better. Then we straighten things out," wrote Twitter user Howard Green in response to Cernovich.

In response to a tweet from CNN that listed ways McCain is not like other politicians, the alt-right Twitter account Red Pill Philosophy wrote, "Politically, John McCain is a cuck, and liberals are using his ideological weakness as proof of his decency over Trump. Politicizing him."...

Blah blah blah...
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:54 am

What's with the "...vich's"? Yugoslav's, Russians, Slovaks?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:58 am

Their parents or grandparents may have escaped from the eastern bloc countries in the past, and being ultra-right-wing has become a family tradition, along with eating borscht... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 am

pErvin wrote:What's with the "...vich's"? Yugoslav's, Russians, Slovaks?
Russian shills. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:46 am

Cernovich's great-grandparents on his father's side were Croatian. His particular lunacy can't be blamed on whatever experiences they went through before they emigrated.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:57 am

So much winning, this time for Europe.

"Pro-Trump trolls silent after 'alt-right' ship detained in Mediterranean for apparent human trafficking"
Defend Europe, an anti-immigrant group that attempts to disrupt humanitarian search and rescue missions in the Mediterranean Sea, recently chartered a boat that was stopped in a Cyprus port, where several members were arrested for forging documents and engaging in potential human trafficking. Since then, pro-Trump media trolls associated with the campaign have been conspicuously silent.

The members were stopped in and deported from a sea port in the self-declared Turkish state of Northern Cyprus Thursday after spending two days in detention for document forgery and potential human trafficking of 20 Sri Lankan nationals who were aboard the C-Star, the campaign’s ship. Turkish Cypriot authorities deported nine crew members, including the ship’s captain and a German “second captain” believed to be neo-Nazi Alexander Schleyer. The authorities also transferred the director of the company that owns the ship, Sven Tomas Egerstrom, to Greek-controlled Cyprus for further questioning.

Refugee Rights Association advocate Faika Pasha told The Associated Press that some of the Sri Lankans on board reported having paid a trafficker to be taken to Italy and confirmed that five Sri Lankans remained in Cyprus to claim asylum. (Defend Europe claims the Sri Lankans were actually bribed by nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) to claim they were seeking asylum.)

Defend Europe is a campaign by anti-immigrant, “alt-right” activists to disrupt humanitarian search and rescue missions of migrants in the Mediterranean Sea. The effort is the brainchild of Generation Identity, a pan-European “Identitarian” movement known for its members’ high-profile political stunts.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:49 pm

The guy that called himself "Based Spartan" has given up alt-right cosplay, for the moment.

"A Leading Figure at Portland’s Alt-Right Protests Defects, Says Dressing as a Spartan Warrior to Fight Antifa Was 'a Horrible Mistake'"
A popular figure among the crew of right-wing extremists known as the "alt-right" left the movement shortly after a June event in Portland, citing racism and violence that he could no longer condone.

John Turano, known by the moniker "Based Spartan" for his Greek-inspired warrior costumes, tells Portland State University's student newspaper, the Vanguard, about his defection this week in a detailed story about far-right activity.

Based Spartan was an iconic figure among alt-right protesters, whose movement is defined by cheeky nationalism, street violence and dressing in costumes. Turano came to the rallies clad as an ancient warrior, complete with a Roman centurion's helmet with red, white and blue plumes in the crest. His cohorts called him "the beserker of Berkeley" after he fought with antifascist protesters this spring in Berkeley, Calif.

Turano, who lives outside Los Angeles, tells the Vanguard he realized that the movement he was aligning himself with didn't reflect his values at a June 4 "Free Speech" protest in downtown Portland, an event held in the wake of a double slaying on a MAX train. That event, organized by Vancouver, Wash.-based vlogger Joey Gibson, drew more than 1,000 counter-protesters appalled at the group's decision to taunt and provoke a city grieving the deaths of two men killed in an apparent hate crime.

He now says that by joining in at the alt-right protests he had "made a horrible mistake."

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:46 am

I feel bad that no one is commenting on this thread. I'm just burnt out over it all. It's so fucking nuts over there I need a break.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:21 am

Meh, I'm content to just chronicle the activities of these people, for future reference if nothing else.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Rah rah, go team whitey!

"'Young white guys are hopping mad': confidence grows at far-right gathering"
“We are soldiers in this war,” Jared Taylor told an overwhelmingly male and entirely white audience of around 300 late on Saturday. “And we will win.”

The founder and editor of American Renaissance, once a print magazine and now “the internet’s premier race-realist site”, no longer thinks whites can have America to themselves. But he wants an all-white “ethnostate”, carved out of US territory.

This weekend, American Renaissance held its annual conference at a venue in Montgomery Bell state park, an hour west of Nashville, Tennessee. Attendees and speakers clearly felt a growing confidence. They have seen appreciable growth in membership of established and emerging far-right groups. They have also seen the election as president of Donald Trump.

Speakers at the event addressed subjects including “Race realism and race denialism” and “Has the white man turned the corner?” One considered “The Trump report card – so far”.

When Taylor spoke, his audience was generationally diverse. Some, well into middle age or beyond, had heard it all before. But when he asked who was attending for the first time, the great majority raised their hands.

Many were millennials. Though all attendees wore conference dress code – jacket and tie – more than a few younger men sported the “fashy haircut”, short back and sides with a severe parting, which has become a signature of the so-called alt-right.

Many such young men lined up for selfies with Richard Spencer, the president of the white nationalist National Policy Institute thinktank who has achieved fame since greeting the election result with a cry of “Hail Trump”.

Taylor said such men were flooding to his group because they were “hopping mad”. “These young white guys,” he told the Guardian, “they have been told from infancy that they are the villains of history. And I think that the left has completely overplayed its hand.”

It was not clear if fear or anger was the dominant emotion of the conference. Speaker after speaker addressed the supposed genetic and demographic decline of the west; the supposed low IQ of migrants flooding western countries; supposed links between IQ and “social pathology”; supposed “anti-white propaganda that suffuses our society”; supposed academic conspiracies that have worked to cover all this up. A common theme was the supposed propensity of non-whites to crimes like rape.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:05 pm

Mr. Pizzagate is doing a pivot: he's very disappointed that Scaramucci got shuffled off so unceremoniously.

"Right-wing troll Mike Cernovich says he's doing a “big pivot” away from Trump"
Right-wing troll Mike Cernovich took to Periscope to announce that he’s doing “a big pivot” away from “being a pro-Trump guy.” Cernovich enthusiastically supported President Donald Trump throughout the presidential campaign and in the first tumultuous months of the administration, but now says that “backing Trump has been bad for business," and he will “specifically reject any kind of branding about pro-Trump or whatever.”

In a 46-minute rant on July 31, Cernovich expressed his dismay at the firing of (now former) White House Communications Director Anthony “the Mooch” Scaramucci. Cernovich, like many of the Make America Great Again (MAGA) trolls who fester in the alternative media environment and who rose to notoriety with Trump’s ascent to the White House, was a big fan of "the Mooch" from the start. However, more notably, Cernovich also declared that he has “pivoted from a pro-Trump guy to more of a journalistic guy” and that he’s going to continue making that pivot. It should be noted that Cernovich’s concept of journalism -- which he describes as “part activism and part real journalism” -- includes pushing baseless rumors about former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s health, promoting fake conspiracy theories, denying date rape exists, and generally making false, provocative statements, like "Bill Clinton is a rapist," in an effort to garner a reaction and generate what he calls "news."

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:19 pm

See, it's Trump letting people like National Security Advisor McMaster get away with cleaning house at the NSC that gets Cernovich's banana hammock in a twist.

"HR McMaster Under Fire From Mike Cernovich & the Alt-Right"
Lt. General HR McMaster, President Donald Trump’s National Security Adviser, is under fire from Mike Cernovich and others in the alt-right amid a so-called purge of the National Security Council and claims from Cernovich and his allies that McMaster has ties to the Obama administration and Democrats.

McMaster, who replaced Lt. General Michael Flynn in February, has recently removed several NSC staffers who were hired by Flynn and are favored by the alt-right, including Ezra Cohen-Watnick, Rich Higgins, Derek Harvey, Adam Lovinger and KT McFardland. Those five are seen as close allies to White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon and as longtime Trump supporters who support Trump’s “America First Policy,” which Cernovich claims McMaster has called “naive.” The alt-right was also angered when McMaster pushed Bannon himself out of the NSC.

Cernovich has been fighting against McMaster since the general’s early days in the Trump administration, but has recently stepped up his attacks, sending dozens of tweets about McMaster over the past few days, writing a Medium post alleging that McMaster wants to make the NSC more liberal and creating a website, McMasterLeaks.com, to call for leaks about him. He also launched an effort to get #McMasterFacts trending on Twitter.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:27 pm

For some light relief, those terrible game developers are causing distress--

"The alt-right is upset about a conversation between Nazis in ‘Wolfenstein 2’"
Wolfenstein II, a video game set in an alternate, Nazi-ruled 1960s America, has severely pissed off the white nationalist alt-right, and it’s not even out yet. After seeing the trailer, racists have decried the game as “anti-White propaganda” with “Black Lives Matter overtones.” Well, wait until they get a load of this scene, shared on Twitter by Polygon’s Nick Robinson:
this "so much for the tolerant left" convo between two Nazi guards in Wolfenstein 2 is my favorite video game thing i've seen a long time
Robinson describes the conversation, which the player can overhear before stealthily executing two Nazi guards, as a “‘so much for the tolerant left’ convo.” He’s referring to a meme where various flavors of bigots, when called out on their bigotry, accuse critics of being “intolerant.” The Nazis in this scene deliver a blatant parody of this ubiquitous part of 2017’s internet political discourse.

“How can they promote violence toward us just because we have a different point of view?” wonders one of the characters, an actual Nazi. In a society where many people believe calling someone “racist” is worse than actually being racist, this is trenchant stuff.