'Dream Candidate' to Replace May? The plot thickens...

Alan B

'Dream Candidate' to Replace May? The plot thickens...

Post by Alan B » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:36 am

Guardian
Tory party seeks dream candidate to replace Theresa May
Was it sheer coincidence, or through a sense of mischief among the bar staff, that cheap bottles of prosecco were being advertised in one of the Palace of Westminster’s most popular bars last week? The offer came soon after David Lidington, the affable justice secretary, had blamed overconsumption of warm bubbly for the constant undercurrent of leadership plotting in the Conservative party. Whether the prosecco was to blame or not, a febrile atmosphere remained as MPs headed off for a potentially volatile summer break.
My emphasis.
Typical. They've gotta get pissed before they can think...
Looks like a 'Dutch Courage' exercise - there isn't anyone obvious with the charisma and authority for the job amongst any of them, so they have to do some piss-artist back-slapping on some poor gullible because no-one else wants the job.

Are there any in the Tory party who would be a suitable candidate? Someone who could counteract the present popularity of Jeremy Corbyn? (I don't think they have a snowball's chance in Hell on that one...)
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.