Republicans

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Republicans

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:17 pm

They forgot 'Thanksgiving legitimises genocide and cultural appropriation'.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:08 am

Ani, it's the English/American language. All the stupid stuff we do spills over there as a copy of some sort. When you speak more developed languages, like German, the Angela Merkels have a chance.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:16 pm

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:53 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:24 pm

The older Bush was certainly letting his side down - far too law-abiding...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:09 am

That's because the judiciary are halal eating mexican communist nazis!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:58 am

JimC wrote:The older Bush was certainly letting his side down - far too law-abiding...
Well, unlike his son, he actually knew what he was doing
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Unusual Republican speaks child care: Stay home , barefoot and pregnant like all Republican women!

During an interview with Fox News Channel’s Tucker Carlson, Ivanka Trump said the tax plan would provide relief, in the form of tax credits and deductions, to families struggling to pay for child care. Then she said something that stopped us in our tracks. She added that “we” spend less on young children than any other developed nation. “It’s just a fact,” she said.

The claim seemed like a non sequitur. One minute Trump is explaining how the GOP tax cuts would help middle-income families pay for child care, and the next she is comparing the United States to other high-income countries, many of which offer a broader array of social programs and levy high taxes to pay for them. It’s a talking point we don’t expect to hear from prominent Republicans.

Trump’s statement left us wondering: Is it true that the United States spends the least in the developed world on young children, and if so, what effect would a tax cut have on boosting that investment?

Part of what makes Trump’s statement perplexing is that she didn’t initially specify who, exactly, spends so little on preschool-aged children. In terms of the context of the conversation, it seemed she was referring to the U.S. government. Without government investment in families, the cost of raising kids is a burden for many families, Trump argues, positioning the tax plan, which would expand the child tax credit and maintain the dependent-care credit, as a means to manage the cost.

We don’t try to play “gotcha” with political figures, so we reached out to the White House for clarity on Trump’s spending claim. A White House official said Trump was referencing a Council of Economic Advisers report that found that the United States spends less on child care and early-childhood education as a percentage of gross domestic product than almost every country in the developed world. The CEA provides the president with research and advice to support the formulation of economic policy.

But the official did not send over the report initially, which raised some questions about its origins. We wondered: Could it be possible that the report was from the Obama era?

For one, the tax cut for families Trump touts isn’t really a tax cut for many families, as we’ve pointed out in a previous column. More than 40 percent of families with children would see a tax increase under the House GOP plan. And even if the tax cuts would keep money in families’ pocketbooks, the increased cash wouldn’t translate into increased public spending on child care.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... cfd787d5c6

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:50 pm

Mnuchin is a goddamned dishonest sack of shit, just like his boss.

'Mnuchin: We can't have federal government keep subsidizing the states'
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Thursday the removal of the tax deduction for state and local taxes remains an important part of the administration's reform plan.

"We can't have the federal government continue to subsidize the states," Mnuchin told CNBC's "Squawk Box" in a live interview. "That's a major loophole that we're trying to close in simplifying taxes."
The states that will be hurt by this (like California and New York) pay more to the federal government than they get back from it. They are in fact subsidizing the federal government, not the other way around. Meanwhile, states like North Dakota (with low state taxes) whose residents will not be hurt by this bullshit maneuver get far more from the federal government than they contribute.

This provision of the rubbish Republican tax bill does exactly nothing to change the supposed subsidy from the federal government to states. Mnuchin surely knows this, but also knows that supporters of Il Douche will not question his lies.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 pm

Jesus! I thought the shower of crooks in my country were bad. You're near African levels of corruption now.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:57 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:34 pm

American politics runs on guns babies and jesus. But sometimes it is just babies: abortion
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... -no-choice

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:55 pm

They all look alike, right?

'Angry, confused Trump supporters are attacking LeVar Burton on Twitter'
Many Trump voters did so with full knowledge of his incompetence and mental incompatibility with the office, deciding that a racist huckster was somehow better than the alternative. Others thought voting for him would be funny, or that he could be pulled even further to the right, creating a white nationalist ethno-state. Many, however, were bilked into the deal, somehow believing that the lifelong fraud legitimately cared about the working-class issues he championed at his rallies, thinking his presidency would be defined by anything other than the solitary, venal goal of enriching the billionaire class. These people are many things—gullible, quick to anger, incorrect—all of which has been displayed, yet again, by their actions on the internet.

Trump’s latest prominent black person to be in a public fight with is LaVar Ball, the relentlessly self-promoting basketball dad whose son, LiAngelo Ball, was detained in China for shoplifting last week. Trump and Ball have since engaged in a public slap-fight that threatens to consume the planet in a swarming black hole of narcissistic idiocy, and Trump partisans are getting in on the fight by lashing out at Reading Rainbow and Star Trek: The Next Generation star LeVar Burton, because they are confused, stupid people.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 pm

:funny:
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping