Hard Brexit or Hard Brexit

Whose Hard Brexit do you want to get shafted by?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Labour's Hard Brexit!
No votes
Tory Hard Brexit
13%
Cheese or bacon or something
88%

Total votes: 8

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Re: Hard Brexit or Hard Brexit

Post by mistermack » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:You are so tiring like so many. The DUP has no power only thanks to May. How does it have power on its own? There is no NI government. Who has to pay attention to them? London could impose a deal if it worked with other parties. What would the Unionists do? Beat their drum harder?
Everything's simple to you, isn't it?

It must be great to live in such a simple world.

In the real world it's like I said. If London imposed a deal without consent, you'd be right back to full-on violence in the North.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:24 am

mistermack wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:You are so tiring like so many. The DUP has no power only thanks to May. How does it have power on its own? There is no NI government. Who has to pay attention to them? London could impose a deal if it worked with other parties. What would the Unionists do? Beat their drum harder?
Everything's simple to you, isn't it?

It must be great to live in such a simple world.

In the real world it's like I said. If London imposed a deal without consent, you'd be right back to full-on violence in the North.
Who from? The Unionists? The Nationalists would cheer it on. It would correct a very bad decision. The country should have never been divided. The proddies should have given free passage back to Scotland. It is going to unite.

Roughly 82% of Northern Irish hold Republic passports.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:36 am

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:Who from? The Unionists?
You said it.

And in the nature of Northern Irish violence, it would be quickly followed by nationalist retaliation. And the loyalists would retaliate against that. And the nationalists would retaliate against that.

Within 12 months, they would all be swearing that they were acting in self defence, and justifiable retaliation. And it would go on for another fifty years.

But not in your simple world. Everything would be just fine.
They need you up there, sorting it all out. :funny:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:02 pm

mistermack wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Who from? The Unionists?
You said it.

And in the nature of Northern Irish violence, it would be quickly followed by nationalist retaliation. And the loyalists would retaliate against that. And the nationalists would retaliate against that.

Within 12 months, they would all be swearing that they were acting in self defence, and justifiable retaliation. And it would go on for another fifty years.

But not in your simple world. Everything would be just fine.
They need you up there, sorting it all out. :funny:
You think very lowly of people dont you? Peace has been around too long for a border to be put in place. Any violence that happens will be from the British army imposing the border against the normal Irish people on both sides protesting. The DUP does not hold a county with a border with the Republic so what right has it to have a say in anything.

Why not move the border to the DUP counties. They would sing a different tune I can assure you.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:02 pm

Wednesday 6 December 2017 by Lucas Wilde
Brexit CANCELLED

Brexit cancelled

The Government of the United Kingdom has called time on Brexit, because “it’s impossible”, according to reports this afternoon.
http://newsthump.com/2017/12/06/brexit-cancelled/
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:12 pm

The remainer's wet dream.

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:You think very lowly of people dont you?
I used to date a nurse from Belfast. Lovely girl. Her parents were Catholics, and had the only Catholic Business in one of the main roads coming out of Belfast. They were ok, never suffered any sectarianism.
You would think, from that, that people up there could live sensibly together in peace.

Not a bit of it. She took me round Belfast, showing me the bomb gaps in buildings, the bullet holes in the bricks, where people had been mowed down, she pointed out the pubs that were safe, and the pubs that you would be risking your life in, if you were the wrong religion, etc etc etc.

Some of the people up there are good as gold, some are absolute shits. The nice rational people are not the problem. But you clearly have no idea of how the other half thinks and behaves.

But don't that stop you from spouting more bollocks. You can't change the habits of a lifetime.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:56 pm

WOW AND YOU ALL THOUGHT I WAS THE RACIST ASSHOLE.

Irish, English, Scottish, and Welsh need to LEARN to get along. Or band together to liberate London from foreign occupation lol
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:59 pm

mistermack wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:You think very lowly of people dont you?
I used to date a nurse from Belfast. Lovely girl. Her parents were Catholics, and had the only Catholic Business in one of the main roads coming out of Belfast. They were ok, never suffered any sectarianism.
You would think, from that, that people up there could live sensibly together in peace.

Not a bit of it. She took me round Belfast, showing me the bomb gaps in buildings, the bullet holes in the bricks, where people had been mowed down, she pointed out the pubs that were safe, and the pubs that you would be risking your life in, if you were the wrong religion, etc etc etc.

Some of the people up there are good as gold, some are absolute shits. The nice rational people are not the problem. But you clearly have no idea of how the other half thinks and behaves.

But don't that stop you from spouting more bollocks. You can't change the habits of a lifetime.
Who is spouting bollocks. The Troubles have been long over sunshine or may you have not noticed. Since a lot of time and money has been spent to heal wounds. There is now another generation which thinks very differently. It is now the economic effect of the border that is important not religion. Religion is dying at a fast rate of knots. So only for a few religious bigots has the border any sectarian importance and luckily those bigots are also dying fast.

You have obviously not been on the emerald isle recently. Things have changed and moved on except for the DUP.

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote: Who is spouting bollocks. The Troubles have been long over sunshine or may you have not noticed. Since a lot of time and money has been spent to heal wounds. There is now another generation which thinks very differently. It is now the economic effect of the border that is important not religion. Religion is dying at a fast rate of knots. So only for a few religious bigots has the border any sectarian importance and luckily those bigots are also dying fast.

You have obviously not been on the emerald isle recently. Things have changed and moved on except for the DUP.
I was there less than four weeks ago.
Not that you need to, to see the bleedin obvious.
Nobody over there, politicians or public, would come out with such shit as you are spouting. They all know the dangers.
But what do they know? They only live there.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:45 pm

mistermack wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote: Who is spouting bollocks. The Troubles have been long over sunshine or may you have not noticed. Since a lot of time and money has been spent to heal wounds. There is now another generation which thinks very differently. It is now the economic effect of the border that is important not religion. Religion is dying at a fast rate of knots. So only for a few religious bigots has the border any sectarian importance and luckily those bigots are also dying fast.

I was there less than four weeks ago.
Not that you need to, to see the bleedin obvious.
Nobody over there, politicians or public, would come out with such shit as you are spouting. They all know the dangers.
But what do they know? They only live there.
Still stuck in the pubs of Belfast? What dangers? People like you are the problem not the solution.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:56 pm

THE ENGLISH HAVE TREATED THE IRISH AS SHIT FOR CENTURIES.

:tea:
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:58 pm

Tyrannical wrote:THE ENGLISH HAVE TREATED THE IRISH AS SHIT FOR CENTURIES.

Now we get to the nitty gritty.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tyrannical wrote:THE ENGLISH HAVE TREATED THE IRISH AS SHIT FOR CENTURIES.

Now we get to the nitty gritty.
LOL
Now we have an uncomfortable discussion.

Ill start with the sly........

How can the UK have a Muslim mayor when you can't even get along with the Irish or Catholics?
Hell, I never saw anything anti-Catholic or anti-Irish from the BNP.