We need to talk about Donald: the cursing & swearing thread

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: We need to talk about Donald: the cursing & swearing thr

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:52 pm

-meh, if Trump is listening to the people then his decision could have something to do with toilet issues, and if the experts really brought up costs, then it can be about that too.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:01 pm

It's not about costs.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:42 pm

Animavore wrote:Head of boy scouts apologises over Trump.

http://time.com/4876705/donald-trump-bo ... ee-speech/
The juxtaposition of "head" and "boy scouts" is perhaps a little unfortunate... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:39 am

Sean Hayden wrote:If the risk isn't greater than it is now, then yes, they'll just have to get over it.

We may all need to get over our bathroom weirdness. Not too long ago I went into the restroom and walked right past a woman who must have been waiting for her son at a stall. I didn't realize it was a woman until after I started to pee. I looked back over my shoulder and sure enough it had been a woman. I just thought oh well, we'll get through this together, a shared awkward moment. :hehe:
Dont find that awkward. Why? Dont go to pubs in Belgium if you are that concerned.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:04 am

Why the Trump dynasty will last sixteen years

In Washington DC, post-electoral stress disorder has generated a hysteria still amply manifest after eight months: the “Russian candidate” impeachment campaign implies that any contact with any Russian by anyone with any connection to Donald Trump was ipso facto treasonous. The quality press is doing its valiant best to pursue this story, but it is a bit much to claim “collusion” – a secret conspiracy – given that, during the election campaign, Trump very publicly called on the Russians to hack and leak Hillary Clinton’s missing emails. And it did not seem especially surprising when the latest target, Donald Trump Jr, promptly released all his emails to and from the Russians to confirm that he did indeed try to help his dad by finding dirt on the other guy. As for the other impeachment track underway, triggered by the ex-FBI director James Comey’s accusation of attempted obstruction of justice, Comey’s failure to accuse Trump until he was himself fired will make it easier for the Republicans who control the House to dismiss an otherwise plausible accusation as a naive error.
In the dramatic crescendo of the 2016 elections that gave Trump to the United States and the world, very possibly for sixteen years (the President’s re-election committee is already hard at work, while his daughter Ivanka Trump is duly apprenticed in the White House that, according to my sources, she means to occupy as America’s first female President), none of the countless campaign reporters and commentators is on record as having noticed the car “affordability” statistics distributed in June 2016 via http://www.thecarconnection.com. Derived from very reliable Federal Reserve data, they depicted the awful predicament of almost half of all American households. Had journalists studied the numbers and pondered even briefly their implications, they could have determined a priori that only two candidates could win the Presidential election – Sanders and Trump – because none of the others even recognized that there was problem if median American households had been impoverished to the point that they could no longer afford a new car. This itself was remarkable because four wheels and an engine might as well be grafted to Homo americanus, who rarely lives within walking distance of his or her job, or even a proper food shop, who rarely has access to useful public transport, and for whom a recalcitrant ignition or anything else that prevents driving often means the loss of a day’s earnings, as well as possibly crippling repair costs. But even that greatly understates the role of automobiles in the lives of the many Americans who do not have private jets and do not live in New York City or San Francisco, for whom a car provides not only truly essential transport, but also the intensely reassuring sense of freedom depicted in countless writings and films, which reflect the hard realities of labour-mobility imperatives even more than the romance of the open road.
https://www.the-tls.co.uk/articles/publ ... d-_-FBPAGE

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:22 am

Bollocks. No way. Impossible.

:nono:

:?

:nervous:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:30 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:If the risk isn't greater than it is now, then yes, they'll just have to get over it.

We may all need to get over our bathroom weirdness. Not too long ago I went into the restroom and walked right past a woman who must have been waiting for her son at a stall. I didn't realize it was a woman until after I started to pee. I looked back over my shoulder and sure enough it had been a woman. I just thought oh well, we'll get through this together, a shared awkward moment. :hehe:
Dont find that awkward. Why? Dont go to pubs in Belgium if you are that concerned.
Why, would I melt in the presence of a different norm, or be compelled to tell them how much better it is to piss in merica?

:roll:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:41 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Why, would I melt in the presence of a different norm, or be compelled to tell them how much better it is to piss in merica?

:roll:
Plenty dont have separate toilets. Often urinals on one side and closets on the other. Both using the same sink area. It does not phase the Belgians.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:21 am

Stayed in a place in Slovenia that was shared bathrooms. I didn't realise that until I went in for a piss and a couple of girls came to brush their teeth. What was really fucking weird is that this was a high school boarding house (which rented out empty room in school holidays) and the girls were teenagers. :o
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:10 am

go around for Republican senators, who have so far failed to pass any form of health care legislation throughout a multi-day debate on the Senate floor this week. But unfortunately, a lot of that blame has been directed at Republican female senators, who were not included in the drafting of the GOP health care bill and are now voting against it. Even worse, Republican colleagues have been threatening violence against these female GOP senators, and this one tweet from MSNBC host Chris Hayes perfectly explains why that's so troubling:

In the last three days, Republican men in the house have threatened their female senate colleagues with shooting and beating.

Shockingly, this statement is accurate. On Wednesday, Republican Representative Buddy Carter was asked in an on-air interview for his thoughts on Senator Lisa Murkowski, who voted against the GOP health care proposal.

"Let me tell you," Carter responded. "Somebody needs to go over there to that Senate and snatch a knot in their ass."

This comment came just two days after fellow Republican congressman Blake Farenthold essentially said that he wished he could aim a pistol at the women who voted against the health care bill. "There are some female senators from the Northeast — if it was a guy from South Texas, I might ask him to step outside and settle this Aaron Burr-style," he said.
https://www.bustle.com/p/male-gop-lawma ... nismbustle
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:25 am

Trump pulled out the oil industry playbook and players for Paris.
The fossil fuel industry used the same arguments, and even the same people, to block climate policies in the 1990s. We must not let this happen again.

Since President Trump announced on June 1 that the U.S. would cease implementation of the Paris Agreement, pundits have argued about whether the American pullout will truly affect greenhouse gas pollution one way or another, since, after all, the Paris Agreement was not legally binding to begin with.

We don’t know the future, but we do know the past, and here’s something we shouldn’t miss: we’ve seen this before. The same arguments used by President Trump - and even the same people he cited - were used by the oil and gas industry to block climate policies throughout the 1990s, including the United States’ implementation of the Kyoto Protocol. The playbook from twenty years ago is back, and this time we must be ready for it.

What arguments did President Trump use to justify leaving the Paris Agreement? First: it would devastate the U.S. economy. Second: it was unfair to the U.S. Third: it wouldn’t actually help reduce global warming. And fourth: it would prevent the alleviation of poverty.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -for-paris

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:28 am

McCain gives Trump the finger
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/2 ... eal-241070
Probably his last political act.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:29 am

I'll leave you with a funny for today.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Hermit wrote:
Forty Two wrote:To some people it may be a dog whistle, but there is a segment of the population that does have a concern that men would be permitted to go into the ladies' room. There is a large number of women who aren't too keen on it. The response tends to be something to the effect of "these aren't men, they're women" (along the lines of the agenda being pushed that being a man or woman has nothing to do with being sexually and biologically male or female).

Certainly, if someone is truly transgender, then that's fine. However, the concern of some is that the ability to use the bathroom of one's choice means that some non-trans men will opt to go into the ladies' room. I doubt that will be a very large number of men, but it can't really be hand-waved away either, that there is no way to outwardly tell if a person is male gender or female gender or other gender just by looking at them.

This is real conceptual issue that I have with the trans movement right now. They want to say that having a cock and balls doesn't make you male, and that feminine things and masculine things are purely arbitrary and do not indicate gender or sex. Yet, to transition from male to female, it involves wearing dresses and screwing on tits and chopping off balls. If "feeling female" makes you want to wear dresses and have a vagina, then surely it must be said that those things have something to do with being female? It gets very muddled.
Are you seriously suggesting that cost and toilet issues are at the heart of Trump's latest policy announcement?
No. I was responding to the post that implied that people who express concerns about men going into the ladies' room are saying that trans people are the risk. A lot of women are concerned that men will go in the bathroom, and they don't want to be in there with men. Maybe they have to get over it, but that's a different concern than being concerned about trans people being the greater risk.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Dont go to Belgium then.