Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: We need to talk about Donald: the cursing & swearing thr

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Travel ban partially reinstated by the Supremes. http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d281c1 ... 0b4727b77c
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Forty Two wrote:Travel ban partially reinstated by the Supremes. http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d281c1 ... 0b4727b77c
Shit, I didn't know soul music groups had so much power in the US! :shock:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:02 pm

:sniff:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:27 am

Trump appointee Gorsuch takes far right positions on U.S. high court
(Travel ban guns etc)

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:48 am

I actually don't think it's a bad idea to lift some of the restrictions ahead of the deliberation and judgement. It will give some idea as to the essential soundness of the policy, by which I mean it will show that the travel ban makes fuck all difference and is clearly a xenophobic knee jerk reaction to brown people from far away places for political effect.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:17 pm

Trump hangs Hillary's gold curtains in oval office. Bill's blow job room was not restored.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:07 pm

CNN producer says Trump-Russia stories "mostly bullshit." http://www.veritaslive.com/06-26-2017/a ... dacnn.html

Three CNN employees resign over bogus Trump-Russia report - http://www.thewrap.com/three-cnn-employ ... ssia-ties/ and http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/26/media/c ... index.html - Fake news meltdown - http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/fake ... outbursts/
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:09 pm

Ah Project Veritas. The failed god-bothering Planned Parenthood harassers.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Nothing is over:
It’s notable that Trump is moving the scandal goalposts away from evidence of collusion to the existence of “tapes.” He’s doing this at a time when right-wing pundits are arguing that even if evidence of the Trump campaign’s collusion with Russia doesemerge, such collusion is not criminal. Perhaps a new bombshell is going to drop soon and the right is trying to pre-emptively defuse it. But whatever happens, four months is nothing in an investigation like this.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:21 am

Talk about fake news. Trump prints it himself:

Time magazine asks Trump to remove fake covers from display at golf clubs
Framed Time cover featuring president and the headline ‘The Apprentice is a television smash!’ has reportedly been seen hanging at five of Trump’s clubs
Time magazine has asked the Trump organisation to remove fake covers bearing his image from his golf clubs.

The Washington Post reported on Tuesday that a framed Time cover featuring Trump and the headline “Donald Trump: The ‘Apprentice’ is a television smash!” [sic], seen hanging at Mar-a-Lago in Florida, was faked.

At the top of the page, in capitals, was the proclamation: “TRUMP IS HITTING ON ALL FRONTS … EVEN TV!”
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:59 am

Russiagate is fake!
Not so fast. Wiki sources (no CNNsource)

The United States Intelligence Community has concluded with high confidence that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.[1] A January 2017 assessment by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) stated that Russian leadership preferred presidential candidate Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton, and that Russian President Vladimir Putin personally ordered an "influence campaign" to harm Clinton's electoral chances and "undermine public faith in the US democratic process".[2]:7

On October 7, 2016,[3] the ODNI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) jointly stated that Russian intelligence services had hacked the email accounts of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, and forwarded their contents to WikiLeaks.[4][5] Several cybersecurity firms stated that the cyberattacks were committed by hacker groups Fancy Bear and Cozy Bear associated with Russian intelligence.[6] The January 2017 report added that Russian government also meddled in the elections by disseminating fake news promoted on social media.[2]:12 Russian officials have repeatedly denied involvement in any DNC hacks or leaks.[7][8][9] The CIA cited intelligence sources inside the Russian government that identified Putin giving instructions to disparage Clinton and help Trump.[10]

On October 31, U.S. President Barack Obama directly warned Putin to stop interfering or face "serious consequences".[11] In December, he ordered a report on hacking efforts aimed at U.S. elections since 2008,[12] while U.S. Senators called for a bipartisan investigation.[13][14] President-elect Donald Trump initially rejected claims of foreign interference and said that Democrats were reacting to their election loss.[15][16] On December 29, 2016, the U.S. expelled 35 Russian diplomats, denied access to two Russia-owned compounds, and broadened existing sanctions on Russian entities and individuals.[17]

Several investigations about Russian influence on the election have been underway: a counter-intelligence investigation by the FBI,[18] hearings by the Senate Intelligence Committee[19] and the House Intelligence Committee,[20] and inquiries about possible links and financial ties between the Kremlin and Trump associates, notably targeting Paul Manafort, Carter Page and Roger Stone.[21][22]

On May 9, 2017, Trump dismissed FBI Director James Comey,[23] citing in part dissatisfaction with the ongoing suspicions of his presidency because of "this Russia thing".[24][25] On May 17, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as Special Counsel to oversee the investigation.[26]

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:25 pm

The Russia story is politically motivated bullshit, knowingly peddled by dishonest political hacks. https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/19/155 ... ise-mensch

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:26 pm

So why are there multiple legal enquiries into it if it's all just made up crap? :think:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:32 pm

pErvin wrote:So why are there multiple legal enquiries into it if it's all just made up crap? :think:
Legal inquiries happen regarding innocent people. When powerful political folks in a machine want to drum up an investigation, they can. Like when Clinton was investigated for Monica Lewinsky. A lot of inquiries happen because of politics.

And, why do you think Democrats were so quick to say that the Clinton email scandal was a big nothing. Lots of inquiries and investigations of her, right? But, Democrats said it was a witch hunt, made up, and Hillary didndonuffin....