Aliens found on Mars!

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Re: Aliens found on Mars!

Post by Galaxian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:02 pm

JimC wrote:So, you think Medawar and Dawkins would approve of your absurdist rantings?
I'm not fussed whether Medawar or Dawkins or Trump, the Pope, the Ayatollah, CNN or you approve of, what you claim, are my "absurdist rantings". All I care about is that I have the intellectual honesty, lack of gullibility, lack of naivete, and ethical integrity to "look for the truth wherever it may be and readily accept it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment"
pErvin wrote:Suppose you are a paranoid delusional with nothing to say, but with strong ambitions to superficially appear 'out of the ordinary'.
Or suppose you are a government stooge, a disinfo agent, a web-bot, or one of Lenin's "Useful Idiots", suffering from cognitive dissonance, unable or unwilling to accept the facts, even when they stare you in the face, due to some emotional impediment that steers you towards irrational corruptability. Someone who doesn't even bother looking at evidence when it is laboriously collected & presented by your foes. Someone who is mired in the age of books to the exclusion of accepting anything that's presented in a video documentary & rejecting such videos before even contemplating them. Someone who posts a verse fraudulently ascribed to me.
Then, in your smug certitude you would call yourself "smart", "a skeptic", "the ideal sentient being" ? ? ? :dunno:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:07 pm

Don't you see the absurdity and circularity in such a world view as yours? It's self reinforcing. It's not rigorous. If all you have to do to dismiss critiques of your position is to claim that your opponents are government agents or useful idiots, then you have absolutely no rigour at all nor have any need for rigour. It's shallow thinking in the extreme.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:19 pm

:thinks:
:td: Thank you Rainbow for that link. Of course, decade by decade they've been edging towards the incontrovertible fact that we live in a somewhat infinite Universe, with trillions of habitable planets & billions upon billions of civilizations. ... But give them time, they have chat forum members to consider, don't want to upset them, eh?
None of this is plausible till it's been announced by CNN, MSNBC, PBS, BBC, Washington Post, et al. Especially "Popular Mechanics"! :drunk:
Rum wrote:From: https://digest.bps.org.uk/2017/04/05/wh ... -theories/

"The more highly educated a participant, the less likely they were to endorse the conspiracy theories. Importantly, several of the other measures were linked to education and contributed to the association between education and less belief in conspiracy: feeling less powerlessness (or more in control), feelings of higher social status, and being sceptical of simple solutions".

..of course they would say that wouldn't they. And if you replace 'psychologist' with 'psi-op' - well there's your evidence!!
I read the article. Quite shallow. See for example the throw away propaganda lines, such as: " believers in vaccination conspiracies can harm wider public health" How? How does an unvaccinated person harm a vaccinated one?
The comments after the article were scathing & far more intelligent & balanced.... were they by "conspiracy theorists"? For example:
"jamal says: Sounds like fake news to me.
joe o sullivan says: And yet millions of highly educated people still believe in god because it’s an accepted ‘conspiracy theory’, or at least some of them pretend to believe. Most people just don’t want to be known as crackpots, or heathens unless their friends are crackpots and heathens too."

I could even mention the criminal addition of the poison Fluoride into our water supply. Of course, you wouldn't worry about that.
You attempt to smear Galaxian & other rational skeptics with the label "conspiracy theorist", as does the site you've linked to. The label was popularized by the CIA shortly after the assassination of JFK, to ridicule those who were not impressed by the cover-up.
"Conspiracy Theorist" is a one-size-fits-all slander at those who refuse to toe the official narrative.
On this forum, as on others, Galaxian has been accused of believing anything. But infact I do not believe that Elvis is still alive, or that Paul McCartney died in a crash in 1966, or that Earth is hollow, or flat, with entrances at the poles.
The things Galaxian questions are those that are amply proved by the laws of Physics. Such as the 9/11 intelligence services demolition of the 3 towers, missile strike on the Pentagon, and non-impact of the last plane into a field. I do not accept that the Apollo missions were real, again due to the ample scientific evidence.
You choose to accept any gobbledygook that the MSM & officialdom spews at you, because you do not have the confidence to question it. It's easier to blow in the wind. But other research, probably less influenced by CIA largess says that Galaxian & other such intellectuals are actually more honest, more perceptive, more open to debate, more rational, and less abusive than our detractors:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking ... along.html
http://www.newstarget.com/2016-02-22-st ... nkers.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/047168_consp ... anda.html#
http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/are-conspira ... sane-ones/

I could go on, no doubt as you can. But I'd be right and you'd be wrong. Since you'd still believe that JFK was shot in 2 seconds by 3 bullets, that Gulf of Tonkin was real, that Bay of Pigs had no Pentagon backing, that USS Liberty was not attacked by Israeli fighters & gunships, that when a rocket lands on the Moon it does not disturb & scatter any dust & debris. And so forth.
As Dr. Richard Gage says at the end of his excellent video: "Your argument is invalid. Get over your cognitive dissonance. Find a shrink!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ak3QWrPH7g
:coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Galaxian wrote::thinks:
:td: Thank you Rainbow for that link. Of course, decade by decade they've been edging towards the incontrovertible fact that we live in a somewhat infinite Universe, with trillions of habitable planets & billions upon billions of civilizations. ... But give them time, they have chat forum members to consider, don't want to upset them, eh?
None of this is plausible till it's been announced by CNN, MSNBC, PBS, BBC, Washington Post, et al. Especially "Popular Mechanics"! :drunk:
Rum wrote:From: https://digest.bps.org.uk/2017/04/05/wh ... -theories/

"The more highly educated a participant, the less likely they were to endorse the conspiracy theories. Importantly, several of the other measures were linked to education and contributed to the association between education and less belief in conspiracy: feeling less powerlessness (or more in control), feelings of higher social status, and being sceptical of simple solutions".

..of course they would say that wouldn't they. And if you replace 'psychologist' with 'psi-op' - well there's your evidence!!
I read the article. Quite shallow. See for example the throw away propaganda lines, such as: " believers in vaccination conspiracies can harm wider public health" How? How does an unvaccinated person harm a vaccinated one?

The scientific/medical principle of herd immunity. Some people can't be vaccinated for various reasons. No one claims vaccinated people are at risk from the un-vaccinated.

I could even mention the criminal addition of the poison Fluoride into our water supply. Of course, you wouldn't worry about that.

Because there is no science to back you up.
But infact I do not believe that Elvis is still alive

You work for the CIA (as does Elvis). You're paid to say that.
I do not accept that the Apollo missions were real, again due to the ample scientific evidence.

:funny:
You choose to accept any gobbledygook that the MSM & officialdom spews at you, because you do not have the confidence to question it.

False dichotomy. Just because we don't believe the lunacy that you do doesn't mean we "accept any gobbledygook that the MSM [etc]..".
Last edited by pErvinalia on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm

(Edit: X-post with ErV)

There's obviously a conspiracy afoot to debunk conspiracy believers because they know the truth!

However to deal with point #1 of your argument, and putting aside for the moment the millions of lives vaccination has saved over recent times. Have you not heard of 'herd immunity'? Immunization is not always 100% effective - even if it is 99% effective infection sometimes gets through. Any child whose parents are irresponsible enough to opt out are putting that small risk group at greater risk of contracting the particular disease. (and I'm not going to waste energy on the other points).

Look mate. Like it or not you are WRONG about almost everything you believe. A hard pill to swallow I am sure but take it from the rest of us deluded idiots.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Re vaccination: It's also worth pointing out the herd immunity levels need to remain high in order to limit and suppress the evolution of drug-resistant strains of contagion.

Part of the problem here is that communicable contagions such as small-pox, measles, mumps, TB, etc are beyond the living memory of all but the aged. Most of us have benefited from 60+ years of national vaccination programs, but it is foolish to think that because such infections are so rare that they present no risks or harm. The argument that "I've never heard of anybody dying of small-pox, so vaccination against it is unnecessary," is no argument at all, and belies a fundamental misapprehension of both vaccination and it's underlying principles. Vaccination isn't a matter of personal choice, but of public health - which is something on which we all depend.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Stop with your high-fellutin' sciencey talk. You need to dumb it down for the youtube conspiracy generation.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:48 pm

pErvin wrote:Galaxian is funded by the aliens to spread their propaganda.
The clue is in the name: Galaxian. I mean, that's hiding in plain sight, it really is.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Is he a star man waiting in the sky who'd like to join us? Does he know he blows our minds?

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:06 pm

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:10 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
pErvin wrote:Galaxian is funded by the aliens to spread their propaganda.
The clue is in the name: Galaxian. I mean, that's hiding in plain sight, it really is.
That's what they want you to think.

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Re vaccination: It's also worth pointing out the herd immunity levels need to remain high in order to limit and suppress the evolution of drug-resistant strains of contagion.
Part of the problem here is that communicable contagions such as small-pox, measles, mumps, TB, etc are beyond the living memory of all but the aged. Most of us have benefited from 60+ years of national vaccination programs, but it is foolish to think that because such infections are so rare that they present no risks or harm. The argument that "I've never heard of anybody dying of small-pox, so vaccination against it is unnecessary," is no argument at all, and belies a fundamental misapprehension of both vaccination and it's underlying principles. Vaccination isn't a matter of personal choice, but of public health - which is something on which we all depend.
The role of the pharmaceutical industry & their cronies does not help. When in the course of a three decades the number of compulsory or recommended vaccinations, in some countries, rises from less than 10 to over 50 (including repeats), that is cause for worry. When the rates of neurological & other physical injuries to children has risen many-fold in that same period that raises serious questions. When the vaccine manufacturers are shielded from civil action that too is troublesome. When there is a revolving door between the industry & the regulators (such as CDC & FDA) there is corruption at hand.
The list of vaccines required in California is: http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state- ... ornia.aspx
(b) The governing authority shall not unconditionally admit any person as a pupil of any private or public elementary or secondary school, child care center, day nursery, nursery school, family day care home, or development center, unless, prior to his or her first admission to that institution, he or she has been fully immunized. The following are the diseases for which immunizations shall be documented:
(1) Diphtheria.
(2) Haemophilus influenzae type b.
(3) Measles.
(4) Mumps.
(5) Pertussis (whooping cough).
(6) Poliomyelitis.
(7) Rubella.
(8) Tetanus.
(9) Hepatitis B.
(10) Varicella (chickenpox).
(11) Any other disease deemed appropriate by the department, taking into consideration the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the American Academy of Family Physicians.

You talk about "herd immunity" but don't mention that SV40 was deliberately & negligently spread through the population. This would be described as "herd culling". You talk about forcing everyone to be injected & to swallow fluoride, but ignore the deliberate addition of mercury to vaccines to cause brain & other nerve damage. This could be called "herd sedation".

You are in what the Germans call "schlaraffenland" : The idyllic, laid back, somnolence of breast feeding infants. "Out of it" as a heroin junkie would say. Just keep on dreaming amigos. Keep on dreaming. The world doesn't need you. The world doesn't want you. In the words of Shakespeare, "A pox on all your houses!" (no pun intended).
Talking of 'pox'. It is shorthand for 'smallpox', that you talk about being a disease to be vaccinated for... infact you'd be hard put to even order such a vaccine, since that disease does not exist, and the vaccine for it is strictly restricted.
Why does Galaxian always have to do the fucking legwork! Don't you guys have computers or the internet? Are you sooo bored?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOjXt4YDHWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLk641P8CE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1m3TjokVU4
:nono:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Re vaccination: It's also worth pointing out the herd immunity levels need to remain high in order to limit and suppress the evolution of drug-resistant strains of contagion.
The role of the pharmaceutical industry & their cronies does not help. When in the course of a three decades the number of compulsory or recommended vaccinations, in some countries, rises from less than 10 to over 50 (including repeats), that is cause for worry.

The advancement of medical science isn't cause for worry. Unless one is a peddler of pseudo-scientific nonsense.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Galaxian wrote:

The role of the pharmaceutical industry & their cronies does not help. When in the course of a three decades the number of compulsory or recommended vaccinations, in some countries, rises from less than 10 to over 50 (including repeats), that is cause for worry.
Well, that's an observation, but why is it a concern exactly? To begin with scientists had relatively rudimentary understanding of contagion and little means of developing vaccines. Building incrementally on the knowledge gained by diligent researchers methodologies were improved, diseases became better understood, and the list of contagions that could be dealt with via vaccination programs expanded. This is how medical science progresses.

There's nothing suspicious about the fact that we now have more effective vaccines against more contagions than ever before. I mean, what would the alternative be? Going back to the olden days, when all this was fields, and we'd happily run to school on frosty winter's mornings with our little shaven heads painted purple with Gentian Violet because we all had ringworm?
Galaxian wrote:When the rates of neurological & other physical injuries to children has risen many-fold in that same period that raises serious questions.
Correlation is not causation.

Correlation is not causation. Only 30 years ago a cognitive condition like dyslexia was considered a character trait that denoted intellectual impairment - now we know that this is not the case, that people with dyslexia are not intellectually impaired, they just have a specific learning difficulty. Researchers developed diagnostic tools which allowed more people with dyslexia (both children and adults) to be identified more specifically. It would be a simplistic over-generalisation to say that more people have dyslexia today than in times past--that rates are rising--without some critically robust and comparable data on the matter, but what we can say is that more people are being more effectively diagnoses as dyslexic than in times past. Similar things can be said about conditions like those encompassing autism spectrum disorders, and even your unnamed 'neurological and physical' conditions of children, and indeed adults. For example, you can now undergo a diagnostic for arthritic factors which will flag your risk decades before the condition is manifested physically, but to say that the rates of illness have increased is to confuse two very different strands of medicine; the understanding of the pathologies, diagnosis and treatment of conditions, and the manifestation of those conditions in the population. Infection rates by the contagions on the list below haven't gone down by magic you know.

This is how medical science progresses - incrementally, building on what has gone before to expand knowledge and understanding and through that to develop diagnostic methodologies and effect treatments, where possible. I know I've said it already, but I think it bears repeating in this context...
Galaxian wrote:When the vaccine manufacturers are shielded from civil action that too is troublesome. When there is a revolving door between the industry & the regulators (such as CDC & FDA) there is corruption at hand.
Even accepting this point for the sake of argument, it says nothing in and of itself about the public health benefits vaccination programs have brought to the developed world, programs which have systematically reduced suffering and harm, lowered mortality rates from infectious contagions in children and adults, and acted as one of the cornerstones of the social and economic progress that has led to the societies from which we benefit today, societies in better general health and wealth than at any time in human history. Even you cannot think that life was better for humans before systematised public health programs, when people died from bad teeth, malnutrition, and infections, and 6 out of ten children died before reaching reproductive age?

No, your remarks may reflect a certain truth, but that only speaks to the necessity of robust democratic, medical, and regulatory frameworks and not, as you would have us believe, that vaccines are a sham and a scam.
Galaxian wrote:The list of vaccines required in California is: http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state- ... ornia.aspx
(b) The governing authority shall not unconditionally admit any person as a pupil of any private or public elementary or secondary school, child care center, day nursery, nursery school, family day care home, or development center, unless, prior to his or her first admission to that institution, he or she has been fully immunized. The following are the diseases for which immunizations shall be documented:
(1) Diphtheria.
(2) Haemophilus influenzae type b.
(3) Measles.
(4) Mumps.
(5) Pertussis (whooping cough).
(6) Poliomyelitis.
(7) Rubella.
(8) Tetanus.
(9) Hepatitis B.
(10) Varicella (chickenpox).
(11) Any other disease deemed appropriate by the department, taking into consideration the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Yes, all of those diseases are a great risk to humans, and when contracted they have a severe and permanent effect on adults and are particular harmful to children who's developing immune systems are less robust than most adults.

But what exactly is the focus of your OUTRAGE here? Is it that you think there are too many preventable diseases these days, or that too many people are being prevented from contracting these diseases?
Galaxian wrote: You talk about "herd immunity" but don't mention that SV40 was deliberately & negligently spread through the population. This would be described as "herd culling". You talk about forcing everyone to be injected & to swallow fluoride, but ignore the deliberate addition of mercury to vaccines to cause brain & other nerve damage. This could be called "herd sedation".
No, I didn't mention SV40, but that in itself does not address, nor counter, the point I made about the statistical-medical necessity of maintaining high level of herd immunity to contagious agents. As such, raising it does not represent the 'killer blow' you probably think it does.

To say that "SV40 was deliberately & negligently spread through the population" is disingenuous I feel, because it gives the impression that the reason a treatment to prevent polio was promoted was in order to deliberately infect people with monkey flu, and in so doing raise their risk of cancer. That manufacturers, regulators and politicians did not act quickly when there was enough information on which to act is regrettable, and imo reprehensible as well, as it was in the case of Thalidomide and several other compounds of that period, but it would be churlish to not allow that exactly these kinds of incidents have also led to more stringent regulation, testing, development practices and manufacturing regimes than in the bad-old good-old days.
Galaxian wrote: You are in what the Germans call "schlaraffenland" : The idyllic, laid back, somnolence of breast feeding infants. "Out of it" as a heroin junkie would say. Just keep on dreaming amigos. Keep on dreaming. The world doesn't need you. The world doesn't want you. In the words of Shakespeare, "A pox on all your houses!" (no pun intended).
The more you resort to categorising the personal qualities and attributes of myself and others according to your own opinions and perspective, while declaring those opinions and perspectives essentially incapable of error, the more you demonstrate how eager you are to occupy the less rational and reasonable position. And besides, two can play at that game! Avast Ye Galaxian! Blow your wind, and crack your cheeks, but it is a poor player that struts and frets his lonely hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. Yes you have a tale to tell, but it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Image
Galaxian wrote:Talking of 'pox'. It is shorthand for 'smallpox', that you talk about being a disease to be vaccinated for... infact you'd be hard put to even order such a vaccine, since that disease does not exist, and the vaccine for it is strictly restricted.
Why does Galaxian always have to do the fucking legwork! Don't you guys have computers or the internet? Are you sooo bored? ... [videos] ... :nono:
It seems my irony was a little too oblique there. The reference to smallpox was an example of the kind of fundamental misconception about the basic principle of vaccination - which, as I said, is not a matter of personal choice but a matter of public health. Yes, smallpox has, to all intents and purposes, been eradicated. And how do you think that happened? Seriously, how? That nobody dies from smallpox any more, or that a whole raft of previously fatal contagions are now a statistical and anecdotal rarity, is no reason not to get yourself or your children vaccinated and immunised against all of those nasty diseases on that list above.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:57 pm

It's a pity that the compulsion implanted into Galaxian by the Lizard Lords will prevent him from recognising the validity of the arguments above... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!