Manchester: Suicide bomb

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: Manchester: Suicide bomb

Post by NineBerry » Wed May 24, 2017 11:02 pm

No. Isis is heavily losing ground in Syria\Iraq. There are three aims terrorist attacks in the West are aiming for:

1. Get western countries to stop helping in Iraq\Syria.

2. Raise the morale of Isis fighters by presenting "victories"

3. Help recruit the next generation of jihadists by driving dissent between Muslims and non-Muslims.

Broadly closing down mosques for no real reason just because of some accidental connection to a terrorist will actually help the terrorists with aim 3.

It would also violate the principles of our western democracies that we are so proud of.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Thu May 25, 2017 12:35 am

Funny how all the suicide bombers and terrorist attackers seem to be followers. Never do you see an imam do a strike. They incite the stupid to act while they themselves stay safe...
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu May 25, 2017 12:37 am

Woodbutcher wrote:Funny how all the suicide bombers and terrorist attackers seem to be followers. Never do you see an imam do a strike. They incite the stupid to act while they themselves stay safe...
That's why I want unpleasant consequences to flow to the imams and mosques associated with terrorists...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 25, 2017 3:18 am

Woodbutcher wrote:Funny how all the suicide bombers and terrorist attackers seem to be followers. Never do you see an imam do a strike. They incite the stupid to act while they themselves stay safe...
Not all that different to politicians sending others off to war..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Drewish
I'm with stupid /\

Post by Drewish » Thu May 25, 2017 4:27 am

JimC wrote:
That's why I want unpleasant consequences to flow to the imams and mosques associated with terrorists...
I have to disagree here, and I outright hate Islam and think it's vile retarded bullshit for inbred sand nigger subhuman filth. We cannot sacrifice freedom of religion or freedom of speech to these bastards. Much better to kill millions of them overseas and never let another new one in than to oppress our own people out of fear. And restricting freedom of religion would be oppression, and would lead to the sort of meddling in private association and beliefs by government that are wholly unacceptable.
Nobody expects me...

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu May 25, 2017 4:52 am

Drewish wrote:
JimC wrote:
I have to disagree here, and I outright hate Islam and think it's vile retarded bullshit for inbred sand nigger subhuman filth. We cannot sacrifice freedom of religion or freedom of speech to these bastards. Much better to kill millions of them overseas and never let another new one in than to oppress our own people out of fear. And restricting freedom of religion would be oppression, and would lead to the sort of meddling in private association and beliefs by government that are wholly unacceptable.
Remember, I'm not saying the argument "tear down the mosques", nor am I ever going to want islam banned per se. However, if there is a clear link between the preaching at a given mosque and the terrorists who plan or commit an atrocity, then the imam, and the mosque, should take the consequences. It's the equivalent of being prosecuted for criminal conspiracy...

No moderate muslim, mosque or imam need fear such a proposal, particularly if they are proactive in watching out for those in their community heading towards terrorism, and do the correct citizen thing and inform the authorities.
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu May 25, 2017 4:57 am

Hell, I'll soften my stand even further. Perhaps all that is needed once the clear link has been established is that the mosque is temporarily closed, it's current board/imam sacked (and maybe prosecuted if the evidence could stand up in court) and the overall council of muslims invited to instate a new board/imam, with appropriate security vetting...
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu May 25, 2017 7:05 am

JimC wrote:Hell, I'll soften my stand even further. Perhaps all that is needed once the clear link has been established is that the mosque is temporarily closed, it's current board/imam sacked (and maybe prosecuted if the evidence could stand up in court) and the overall council of muslims invited to instate a new board/imam, with appropriate security vetting...
Phew.

Took a while, but I'm glad you kept re-evaluating your stance.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu May 25, 2017 7:14 am

It is a sign of a flexible, intelligent mind.... :levi:
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 25, 2017 7:30 am

Hermit wrote:
JimC wrote:Hell, I'll soften my stand even further. Perhaps all that is needed once the clear link has been established is that the mosque is temporarily closed, it's current board/imam sacked (and maybe prosecuted if the evidence could stand up in court) and the overall council of muslims invited to instate a new board/imam, with appropriate security vetting...
Phew.

In a week's time his position will be to hold a party at the mosque and give the imam an Order of Australia... :hehe:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu May 25, 2017 9:01 am

pErvin wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Phew.

In a week's time his position will be to hold a party at the mosque and give the imam an Order of Australia... :hehe:
:lay:
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu May 25, 2017 9:05 am

pErvin wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Phew.

And in the following week he will have disappeared. Someone will then find him in Syria or Manchester carrying a black flag with white Arabic writing and wearing a fat, heavy belt.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu May 25, 2017 9:07 am

Luckily, my firm allegiance to the god Gin prevents me from the conversion you are inferring...
And my gin!

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Thu May 25, 2017 9:37 am

Hmmm. "Close the Mosques where these Imams preach."

If only it were that simple.

The preachers aligned to ISIS are not going to state their views in public unless they want to draw attention to themselves or are in fact, a bit dim.
They meet privately in sympathisers houses, etc. Out of sight, out of mind.

These nutters have declared war on all unbelievers using their 'Holy Book' as justification. At the moment these gullible suicide bombers can strike anywhere at a time of their choosing and we 'unbelievers' have no say in the matter.

Since a state of war exists (according to these nutters), how should we react? "We can't search their properties without a search warrant, oh deary me." (Wrings hands).

Meanwhile, the 'civilised' approach could cost more lives...
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 25, 2017 9:42 am

Those who would give up hard won liberties for temporary security something something