The Thread of Democrats

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:41 pm

:lol: Let's do this shit! But without that other stuff man. Or is that impossible? Maybe it is.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:02 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:58 pm

Sean Hayden wrote::lol: Let's do this shit! But without that other stuff man. Or is that impossible? Maybe it is.
It must be. The Democrats were saying Americans in 2010 were paying twice as much as "every other western industrialized nation" for their health insurance. Since then, they've quadrupled the price. There should be some slush in there somewhere to work with.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:26 pm

:hehe:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:51 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote::lol: Let's do this shit! But without that other stuff man. Or is that impossible? Maybe it is.
It must be. The Democrats were saying Americans in 2010 were paying twice as much as "every other western industrialized nation" for their health insurance. Since then, they've quadrupled the price. There should be some slush in there somewhere to work with.
Yes, insurance. All those people, lawyers, accountants at the doctor's, hospitals filling out claims and fighting the insurance to get paid. We don't need any of them. The procedures need to have flat fees. Single payer can pay the flat fee without investigating. All they have to investigate is the patient, that they actually exist. Medicare does this, as nursing homes etc like to scam them.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:38 pm

https://extranewsfeed.com/poll-mass-med ... cd0e7e9d17 A recent YouGov poll shows that most Democrats believe it is “definitely true” or “probably true” that Russia tampered with vote tallies in order to get Trump elected.

Most of them.

LOL.
So naturally one could expect a Google search to turn up a bunch of articles by the Washington Post, the New York Times, CNN and other mainstream media outlets hastening to correct this widespread misinformation.
Right?
Of course not. There are precisely zero establishment outlets correcting this completely evidence-free belief that has become so widespread, despite the fact that corporate media outlets have been directly responsible for its promulgation by their repeated use of the phrase “election hacking” in their headlines and reports in the months following the November election.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Show us an article from the mainstream media that claims that Russia succeeded in changing vote tallies. Are there any?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:56 pm

LOL - "most" Democrats believe it's definitely true or probably true. The article is very clear on the point - it doesn't say the news media claimed "succeeded in changing the vote tallies" in those words - what the article says is that the media used phrases like "election hacking" and now Democrats BELIEVE WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE that the vote tallies were changed by Russian hacking. Fucking idiots.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Huh? The article is blaming the MSM for not correcting this misconception. Why should they be responsible for correcting something they didn't have anything to do with? :think: Show us any articles that a reasonable person could conclude are evidence that the vote tallies were hacked.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Because they're the media, and part of what they're there to do is to report the news and provide information to the public. The media will often correct misconceptions held by certain persons and groups. It would be surprising, indeed, if the mainstream media did not correct a generally held Republican belief that was baseless, and without evidence. Like, when they corrected misconceptions held by Republican voters about the location of Obama's birth. They weren't responsible for that, yet they corrected it. Why wouldn't they correct a misconception among Democrats that Russians hacked the election such that voting tallies were altered? That's a rather important point, on which more than half of Democrats appear to be way off base...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:33 pm

First hit in Google :roll: :
...Their analysis came down to a few key facts: Russia interfered in the 2016 election through a far-reaching influence campaign, but didn't change actual vote tallies by hacking into voting machines....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... ing-trump/

And 4th hit specifically fact checks the issue:
...So were vote tabulations in Michigan or Wisconsin hacked?

[New evidence finds anomalies in Wisconsin vote, but no conclusive evidence of fraud]

Intelligence officials say there is “no evidence” that vote tabulations were hacked. But they haven’t examined the machines. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

To get a better answer, we looked at data from recounts prompted by Jill Stein’s Green Party campaign. We find evidence that voting technologies in Michigan and Wisconsin treated candidates Trump and Clinton the same, at least in places where votes were recounted. Whether votes cast for Trump or Clinton were counted does not depend on which candidate a vote was for.

Presumably if there had been a hack to benefit or harm one candidate, the voting machines would have systematically under- or over-counted one candidate’s ballots more than the other. That didn’t happen.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mon ... e-checked/

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:44 pm

And, yet, more than half of Democrats still think the tallies definitely were or probably were altered.... Image

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:27 pm

Not the tally. Just turn anyone away that lives with girl friend and has no proof. And looks black.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:34 pm

After Obama’s 2008 Win, Indiana GOP Added Early Voting in White Suburb, Cut It in Indianapolis
all kinds of white folks tricks!