The Thread of Democrats

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Democrats move on

Post by Tero » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Hillary is history, unless she runs for senate again. But not presidential material.

Party wants a soulless dick like Trump or Ryan (or Hillary!) to lead House
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/15/politics/ ... -congress/

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Re: Democrats move on

Post by Woodbutcher » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:57 pm

I think I spotted a few coming across the border. Looked like refugees, with Beemers, boats and trailers.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:48 pm

Moore proposes celebrity to run in 2020. He should be on the campaign staff. He called the rust belt for Trump before most and he knows media.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... ael-moore/

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:22 am

Or let's just vote in Moore:
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Get in, pussy!

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:29 pm

The principles of democracy did not include an illiterate electorate. Ask any Greek historian .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:32 pm

Didn't include slaves or women either.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Feck wrote:The principles of democracy did not include an illiterate electorate. Ask any Greek historian .
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:20 pm

Can all the crybaby dems move to Cheshire in the UK (after all you wouldn't want to live under Trump.) It would be a great help to the chemical industry as our salt mines are becoming empty.

We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:41 pm

Well his promises are all on record shall we see which of them he keeps ?
Shall we see how much the xenophobes who voted for him love him when he bails after three years taking his cash ,which is what he has done 3 times in his businesses 'empire'
let's face it he is blaming windmills on why his golf resorts are failing I mean fuck rising sea-levels He thinks they won't affect his coastal links courses :banghead: .
Trump is an entitled moron Who played on the xenophobia and selfishness of the electorate.
They are welcome to him .
Ironically He has no opposition EVERY PROMISE HE BREAKS IS ALL HIM, NO EXCUSES .
This will be revisited in Hind -sight
Apparently it's a fence not a wall already and Mexico isn't paying for it
LMAO
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:35 am

:this:

I reckon one of his whackjob followers will shoot him when it's clear all his promises were bullshit.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:48 am

something something

Nancy Pelosi could be in trouble as House Democrats delay vote
CNN-Nov 15, 2016
Washington (CNN) House Democrats decided Tuesday to delay their leadership elections until after Thanksgiving -- a move that will give ...
Pelosi delays House Democratic leadership vote amid disarray
Chicago Tribune-Nov 15, 2016

Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) was elected as the next leader of Senate Democrats on Wednesday, establishing him as one of his party’s most senior officials in Washington and Democrats’ primary partisan counterweight to a Trump administration.
BUT, Sanders elected to ANGER COMMITTEE

Schumer also expanded the Democratic leadership team to 10 members, with Sens. Sanders, Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) and Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) adding to the team’s ideological, geographic and gender balance. Baldwin is also the first lesbian senator to hold a leadership role.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:19 pm

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/ ... presidency
New world new politicians
“So when you stand and deliver that State of the Union address,” Lauer said, “in no part of your mind and brain can you imagine Donald Trump standing up one day and delivering the State of the Union address?”

Obama chuckled. “Well,” he said, “I can imagine it in a ‘Saturday Night’ skit.”

Obama’s mockery of Trump began as early as the 2011 White House Correspondents’ Dinner, largely as the result of Trump’s support of the “birther” conspiracy theory, which claims that Obama was born in Africa and so impugns the legitimacy of his office. Into the final stretch of this year’s campaign, moments of serene assurance were plentiful. A few weeks before the election, Obama went on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” and performed a routine in which he read one insulting tweet directed at him after another. Finally, he read one off his phone from the Republican candidate: “President Obama will go down as perhaps the worst president in the history of the United States! @realDonaldTrump.”

A short, cool pause, then Obama delivered the zinger: “Well, @realDonaldTrump, at least I will go down as a President.” And then, like a rapper dropping the mike, Obama held out his phone and let it fall to the floor.

INTERNET WORLD TOO COMPLICATED FOR SIMPLE FOLKS
The new media ecosystem “means everything is true and nothing is true,” Obama told me later. “An explanation of climate change from a Nobel Prize-winning physicist looks exactly the same on your Facebook page as the denial of climate change by somebody on the Koch brothers’ payroll.

The sense that, on the level of politics and policy, there was work to be done (“I know how to build a bridge to that new social compact”) infused the post-Presidential role that he sketched for himself. “I’ll be fifty-five when I leave”—he knocked on a wooden end table—“assuming that I get a couple more decades of good health, at least, then I think both Michelle and I are interested in creating platforms that train, empower, network, boost the next generation of leadership. And I think that, whatever shape my Presidential center takes, I’m less interested in a building and campaign posters and Michelle’s dresses, although I think it’s fair to say that Michelle’s dresses will be the biggest draw by a huge margin. But what we’ll be most interested in is programming that helps the next Michelle Obama or the next Barack Obama, who right now is sitting out there and has no idea how to make their ideals live, isn’t quite sure what to do—to give them resources and ways to think about social change.”

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 15, 2017 5:43 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 15, 2017 5:46 pm

So, yes, Trump claimed - without evidence - that it was rigged (as we heard reported in the news). Tom Perez, however, the DNC chair is, however, in a position to know. :prof:
Last edited by Forty Two on Mon May 15, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar